Evil satan tory bastards
  • I can get hold of drugs for you igor. You'd need to drive down to Birmingham mind. 

Now you know.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Just send an nice pm to Unlikely asking what drugs he can sell you.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The country has always either been in a mess or enjoying a period of prosperity that gets out of hand and tilts us over into another mess. No government is in power long enough to influence the complex economics of a country, never mind one that is part of a global economy - and that's assuming that anyone could even understand such an environment.

I would rather have principled people in power but because we are now obsessed with soundbytes and how their hair looks we only get the dickheads who are stupid enough to want to work in that environment. None of them are prepared to speak their mind or be in a situation that isn't stage managed - I wouldn't recognise more than a handful of them anymore becuase they are, in the majority, a bunch of fecking lightweight no-marks. Our politicans should be allowed to screw who they want and make mistakes because in the large scheme of it all and in all but a small number of positions (say national security) it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    because we are now obsessed with soundbytes and how their hair looks we only get the dickheads who are stupid enough to want to work in that environment

AMAZING.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Actually fuck it, I want global federalism. That New World Order thing the kooks are always arming themselves with night-vision scopes and Krav Maga classes against.
  • davyK wrote:
    No government is in power long enough to influence the complex economics of a country, never mind one that is part of a global economy - and that's assuming that anyone could even understand such an environment.

18 years wasn't enough?

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd have thought not even slightly.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    That New World Order thing the kooks are always arming themselves with night-vision scopes and Krav Maga classes against.

Their cast-iron crappers are a vote-loser from the off. Rethink.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

Indeed - not with global companies, political compromises and bounded rationality in the way.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Indeed - not with global companies, political compromises and bounded rationality in the way.

I'd have thought that it would also make a big difference if you knew you had 18 years from the start, rather than having to try to win a popularity contest every 4 years instead.  now i'm not condoning a dictatorship (unless that's me obviously), but about the biggest problem i see with any government is that from the moment they're elected, their main agenda appears to be 'how can we stay in power?' rather than 'what needs to be done to make this place better?'
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Thing that will always raise my eyebrow are the limits of free-market trumpeting. It's rare that you'll come across anyone advocating total labour market de-regulation, as far as entirely liberalised immigration to get cheaper workers over here, for instance. As much as politics can be accused of meddling, 'the market' is a sociopolitical construct.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!