Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • I think it is somewhat interesting that large amounts of people get the same thing wrong in the same way. However it is nearly always because of a slightly different spelling or pronunciation. Or because some parody thing has picked it up and that is what people remember, there are a load of Star Trek based ones because of this.
  • Interesting cos of how mad our brains are, rather than there being some weird alternate timeline ripped open by CERN
  • Speaking of how mad our brains are, I read this today. It's only tangentially related to Weird Stuff, but I thought it was great.

https://www.1843magazine.com/features/can-we-escape-from-information-overload

Artist experiments with locking himself off from all light sources for a whole month, mild weirdness ensues.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Interesting cos of how mad our brains are, rather than there being some weird alternate timeline ripped open by CERN

Yeah exactly.
  • Kow wrote:
    It is all very interesting, but it's important to put all rational explanations first before you go actually believing any of it. Any phenomenon that can be easily discounted should be. Doesn't make it any less interesting.

Agreed. Occums Razor etc. Its still fun to read and imagine.

One book i really did like and think may have a chance of being true especially for the tictac and related videos is Nick Cook (Veteran writer for aviation and aerospace magazines) book: the hunt for zero point. All this talk in the 50's of antigravity systems and then nothing. It all goes quiet forever. Maybe it hit a dead end, or maybe it went black into another part of the military industrial complex and the result is what we see today i.e. man made and controlled vehicles like the tic tac that other parts of the military know nothing about. Its questionable whether Red tests (testing your own countries capabilities by pretending to be an enemy) would be allowed. But maybe with hardware that is super secret and stupidly expensive its better to test in your own countries borders than over the borders of a foreign nation. Anyway its a very good read.

Also yeh the mothman prophecies is a fun read.
  • The film had richard gere in ot. Twas ok
    PSN - minkymu
  • Talking about brains being weird, do you know if you put the remote locking fob to your temple you can unlock your car from a lot further away??

Try it
    PSN - minkymu
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    The film had richard gere in ot. Twas ok

I'm actually not sure why they bought the rights to the book. It has absolutely nothing to do with it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Talking about brains being weird, do you know if you put the remote locking fob to your temple you can unlock your car from a lot further away?? Try it

This is true.  I do it in car parks all the time just to test it out.  

I’m also trying to train my brain to make the key unlock Ferrari’s and Lamborghini too.
  • This entire fucking forum is an unexplained phenomenon
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Lol good idea uncle
    PSN - minkymu
  • Well if you have this particular thread open on your phone and put it to your temple then put your keyfob to the other temple and try to open your car, you'll enter the matrix.

Shhhh....that ones a tinfoil secret.
  • This entire fucking forum is an unexplained phenomenon

Or something like a phenomenon
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Dunno, but be careful as there will be a video from a keyboard warrior with a ruler and a trigonometry set explaining how it couldnt possibly be your infrared arse but a weather balloon shaped like your arse. :)
    Do you still hold the belief that the "gofast" video shows a large, low object moving fast, when the recording clearly shows instrumentation's values for altitude, range, and elevation that prove otherwise? This refusal to adjust your opinion in the face of evidence is the definition of close-minded.

I understand why you're mocking it, because the cognitive dissonance makes you want to dismiss it without bothering to engage - but you need to open your mind more. 

Dinostar77 wrote:
    ...  Some will say all this is "woo", and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However people who have actually dedicated their lives to this mystery (done the hard miles and actual work. Not keyboard warriors) from different angles have come out none the wiser: jacques vallee, stanton friedman, timothy good, john keel etc. ...
    Do these people sell their books and writings, or give them away for free?

While I'm more inclined to believe people who aren't personally profiting (e.g. Mick West and his postings on metabunk:  https://www.metabunk.org/threads/go-fast-footage-from-tom-delonges-to-the-stars-academy-bird-balloon.9569/)
    - the part that fully convinces me is not the motives behind but the clear, rational, and reproducible explanation. For that one particular video, he has clearly explained the details of the analysis in a reproducible manner. This is the key to science - you publish your data and findings and if others can reproduce it, it eventually becomes the accepted consensus, until a better/clearer/simpler/more-predictive-power explanation that fits the data comes along. 

Just because someone has dedicated their life to something and "done the hard miles", that doesn't make them correct. There's just as many dedicated skeptics who have "done the hard miles and actual work" debunking claims made by UFOlogists, spirit mediums, "paranormal investigators" and the like: James Randi, Philip Klass, Carl Sagan, Ray Hyman, Paul Kurtz, Martin Gardner,  Ben Goldacre, Brian Dunning, Isaac Asimov, Susan Blackmore, Brian Cox, Simon Singh, Penn & Teller, Mythbusters, along with some currently more controversial folk like Hitchens, Dawkins, Harris and Pinker.

Believing one set of them unquestioningly over the other is not thinking for yourself with an open mind, it's closing your mind to any useful information that may be coming from the other set of people. Naturally, there aren't enough hours in the day to fully research everything for yourself and chase down proofs for everything, but closing your mind to solid evidence from either side will do you no good, it will only make you more gullible.
  • @Hair: BTW, thank you for the replies, it clarified a few things for me.
    Probably my fault not making clear, in various interviews Fravor and others have said all the ships, the Hawkeye plane, and fighters all record Radar constantly, so no need for manual recording, normally. Fravor assumed it was drug runners off the West coast, they weren't armed as it was a training exercise, so could only chase off whatever was in the air anyway.
    That makes sense why they weren't more concerned on first radar contact. I still think even if it was drug runners they should be recording all possible channels, not just the (classified) radar. And am still mystified why none of the 4 people involved turned on any recording kit when they saw the "tictac". Have all 4 done interviews saying they saw the exact same thing?
    They could see nothing when at the CAP. Don't know what happened to the track the USS Princeton had seen - I'd have to go back through the interviews. Fucked off just as fast somewhere else perhaps. The radar ops did the speed calcs because they were tracking objects descending at similar speeds up to a week prior.
    Or if the things can come out of the water, went back under again?
    The second jets headed to a scheduled training exercise. They 'happened' to take the FLIR footage on the way because it was coincidentally close, odds on that eh? Tom Cruise isn't up there breaking the rules, and don't have fuel to go hunting or more as importantly, this was a fleet in the middle of a month long meticulously organised and expensive work up for the Persian Gulf.
    Makes sense, and does explain why FLIR doesn't turn or try to get a closer look at the object - although the History Channel reconstruction implied that the 2nd pilot was "going up to find that thing", somewhat massaging the truth there.

Given that they couldn't get a range on the object in FLIR video, and were at high zoom, it doesn't seem at all "coincidentally close" TBH.
  • Guys, what if aliens are among us, and Dino is one of them. I'm like smack talking him online and meanwhile he pulls out his skin phone and loads the video of me being probed
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The truth is up there.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • But will anyone boldly go where no person has gone before?
  • Minkymu wrote:
    To think we thought ghosts??? But no. Some weird middle aged woman was sat in my kids bedroom. Hiding? when we went in to check them then letting herself out, locking door behind her.

On the night i found her in the hall she started screaming she was sorry and fled. We called the police. They searched her house and bought every set of keys they could find (6 bunches) and none fitted our door. We think she ran hone and hid them so we changed the locks.

She always referred to our house as “my moms house”

She killed herself 3 weeks after we changed the locks

Jesus thats worse than any ghost. A psycho woman in your house and your kids room.
  • Yup scary man

Obviously we could never say for sure the old lady my youngest spoke of was her, but the out fit matched what he described.

We went on holiday once and someone tidied my shed. The only way to it was through the house as i had no back gate. I told myself i was wrong. But i bet the mad bitch spent every night in my house while we were away for the week.

Prob slept in my bed.

Makes me cringe.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Yup scary man

Obviously we could never say for sure the old lady my youngest spoke of was her, but the out fit matched what he described.

We went on holiday once and someone tidied my shed. The only way to it was through the house as i had no back gate. I told myself i was wrong. But i bet the mad bitch spent every night in my house while we were away for the week.

Prob slept in my bed.

Makes me cringe.

This has the making of a horror movie
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I wonder how many scary stories have an equally incredible explanation, something you would just never even consider.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Yup scary man Obviously we could never say for sure the old lady my youngest spoke of was her, but the out fit matched what he described. We went on holiday once and someone tidied my shed. The only way to it was through the house as i had no back gate. I told myself i was wrong. But i bet the mad bitch spent every night in my house while we were away for the week. Prob slept in my bed. Makes me cringe.
    This has the making of a horror movie

It's an episode of Scooby Doo.
  • Wasnt there something a year or two back about people finding random strangers in their homes? It was somewhere like York.

They found a load of houses were interconnected with tunnels originally used by monks or something hiding from persecution. The tunnels were being used by cheeky homeless scamps to enter people's homes and do stuff like eat out of their fridges.
  • Kow, not sure if you have seen it but you might like it for shits and giggles.

https://videobin.co/qwp1y8i7kplt

Its episode 1. Secret of Skinwalker Ranch

https://mixdrop.co/f/pk49kz4ki9vj4r

Epsiode 2

https://videobin.co/bwoiog6hf6u7

Episode 3
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Wasnt there something a year or two back about people finding random strangers in their homes? It was somewhere like York.

They found a load of houses were interconnected with tunnels originally used by monks or something hiding from persecution. The tunnels were being used by cheeky homeless scamps to enter people's homes and do stuff like eat out of their fridges.

Someone near my mom found a homeless guy living in her loft. Alarm bells rang when food kept going missing and there was a weird smell. People are fucking nuts man.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Turns out if i remember what she said, he was albanian or sonething, he was paid cash in hand as a labourer on the house building work next door, he jnocked a hole through the loft wall.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Not a weird thing at all but I remember some of my mates at uni lived in a flat above a Bargain Booze.
    One day one of them moved his bed away from the wall to clean behind it (after another mate filled his pillow case with pubes) and found a hatch that opened directly into the Bargain Booze store room.
  • I guess the pubes bit is weird but it was funny.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!