Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    what to reason do we have not to?

That's one of my big problems. What do we know about anyone and their motives? How do we know why they might lie, might make stuff up, might be unwilling to accept they made a mistake, a multitude of other things? It's a big reason for not accepting witness testimony as evidence in any of these things.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Except it was radar operator Kevin Day tracking impossibly fast things for days, Cmdr David Fravor and his (redacted*) squad encountered one of the things and Chad Underwood filmed a thing from a long way. Hell of a lot of things connected by dots not draw a big picture.
    Spoiler:
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Right, off to don my own helmet and play some other game. x
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Kow, not sure if you have seen it but you might like it for shits and giggles.

https://videobin.co/qwp1y8i7kplt

Its episode 1. Secret of Skinwalker Ranch

https://mixdrop.co/f/pk49kz4ki9vj4r

Epsiode 2

https://videobin.co/bwoiog6hf6u7

Episode 3

https://mixdrop.co/f/l6n7vp17hdw9x6

Episode 4

https://mixdrop.co/f/4nv86xgruqklo4v

Episode 5

This is quite entertaining series. Will add links as i go.

Episode 6 and 7 havent aired yet

Up to end of episode 2. Spoiler for up to end of episode 2.
    Spoiler:

Someone else watch this show so we can have a discussion
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'll try and get round to it.
  • Interestingly enough Travis Tailor (reddit handle theRealTravisTaylor) one of the scientist in the show did a reddit Q&A recently.

Got asked the following question:

applepie100044d

No offense, but the History Channel doesn’t imbue me with a sense of confidence regarding its ability to convey unbiased, unsensationalized, and unfiltered info on the ranch. Why should I trust the show, and will there be other channels through which more authoritative reports of your work will be disseminated?

TheRealTravisTaylor

Because I wouldn’t be involved in it if it were fake. Feel free to look up my credentials, publication history, and career background. Dr. Jim Segala and I are currently working on a peer-reviewable scientific paper for publication in respected scientific journals based on our research at the ranch.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    currently working on a peer-reviewable scientific paper

Hmm.
  • Scepticism should always be the starting position for any incredible claims.
    Yup - "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" ;-)
    Looking for answers to your supplemental questions, something to consider with multiple accounts both written and presented. Some details will be unintentionally contradictory by process of the different views, time elapsed etc but it's the series of chained events as a whole which focuses my interest in understanding what happened in 2004.
    TBH, I only really consider multiple testimonies reliable if they were taken *immediately after* the events, in isolation from each other (so no chance to collude/agree story), under no duress or leading questions, and the details *don't* contradict each other. The more time between the events and the retelling, to less reliable the testimony IMHO, for a whole host of reasons.
    All the pilots (in the report) were looking around and down out of the canopy as nothing was on the plane radar at their 'merge plot'. Some much larger object seemed to be under the water and causing white surf on the blue sea (the size of a 737) which is the only reason they got the visual on the comparatively small 40ft white 'Tic Tac'. ...
      Ooh, something underwater the "size of a 737"... or maybe the size of a submarine?  The more information you tell me, the more this sounds like America was testing covert "submarine-launched-drone/UAV" technology and how good it is at avoiding enemy detection by launching it around their fleet and seeing if the ships and planes could detect and track the drones.
    It was hovering near there CAP when the second sorte (about 30 miles I think) FLIR picked up the (same?)object.
    No, you can't know that, because the FLIR video clearly couldn't get a range on the object. All we can determine is that it was roughly in the direction of the CAP point, not it's location. IIRC, the map in the video showed the fleet offshore and the CAP point closer to the shore, so the plane would have been pointing towards land. So it could have been even further away and over the mainland.
    Worth knowing this sensor isn't normally used for combat but IR ground targeting at a closer range.
    Right, so yourself and Dino have been telling me these are experts using top of the line tech, but now you're telling me they were using a short-range, ground-targeting IR tech (that records in Video8 tapes!) ? No wonder it couldn't get a decent range reading for something in the air at long range. 
    The F18 radar could 'see' it but was being jammed by the UFO so couldn't get a (weapon) lock.
    As goober points out, this is not what they stated in their report. There was no "jamming".
    Any debunking of this capture should note the FI8 was nose facing as was the FLIR, perfectly consistent with the pilot testimony, who said the thing just exited the FOV and was gone. ...
    But it can turn somewhat on gimbal, as goober pointed out, and as evidenced in the FLIR video itself where it shows camera angle changes over the entire length of the video. If you are directly heading towards, and the camera angle to it keeps changing, that object is clearly not stationary, it is moving. As further evidenced by every time the view mode is changed, the tracking is lost briefly and the object moves out of the center of the targeting reticle in the same direction, to the left, at around the same steady rate that it leaves the FoV when it loses tracking on the final view mode change in the video.
    'As LT XXXX watched the object it began to move out of the FLIR field of view to the left LT XXXX made no attempt to slew the FLIR and subsequently lost situational awareness of the object' 
    'Made no attempt to slew'. Doubt it was he couldn't be bothered after the convos with the skipper/ what had transpired earlier. Sounds too inconsistent and probably a fault of the investigator misunderstanding or just clumsy grammar? 
    Well, yes, the report taken at the time is in contradiction with Fravor's claims. The operator making no attempt to turn the manually turn the camera to try to get it tracking the object again is very much in conflict with the claim that the 2nd pilot up had the intention "I'm gonna find that thing" during their test flight.

Now, you are blaming this inconsistency on the investigator/whoever wrote the report - I believe the contemporary reports are the most accurate testimonies you're going to get. So the pilot making no attempt to maintain tracking is much more consistent with them seeing something they couldn't ID on their instruments, trying a few modes to see if they could get it ranged properly, but not being at all concerned about it when tracking was lost.

i.e. probably a commercial plane over the mainland too far away to get ranged by the ground-targeting, short-/medium-range (?) IR targeting system they were using.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Morning DJ!
    Have you managed to listen to the Fravor interviews I've linked over the past week?
  • No, I'm not interested in Fravor interviews - I'm interested in the videos and whatever evidence they took at the time of the events.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    We don't know each other, but can you do me a favour and listen this pilot to pilot chat about his account? Hour of your life - and promise to reciprocate with something of your choice.

The good stuff starts at around 18:00.

• GUYSSSS!!! YOU FAHKING SLLLLAAAAGGGS!!!!
    I asked if anyone watched skinwalker ranch show and I got nuthin!!!! 
    Bastids!!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I think it has to be something natural causing these issues. Pity there is only 8 episodes in the show. Its number 5 (or 6?) tonight.

@Minkymu Fuck me that story creeped me the fuck out. Some nutty woman sneaking into your house, smoking in your kids room....You must have had a heart attack when you spotted her. 

I do apologise, Ive not had time to read up on the Nimitz affair yet. I will.
    But. This Favor guy seems on the level. I heard him on Joe Rogan and he seemed believable. On the surface some senior, very experienced pilots and radar operators etc say they saw and detected something they cant explain. Given his credentials can probably be verified, Id class him as an expert witness.

Im going to discount non military (if you have no training or experience with the equipment, your opinion counts for little with me) armchair warriors in their scrutinizing of the videos. That includes both sides by the way. Those proclaiming the videos show a walkers crisp bag and those saying its the Millenium falcon. 

The facts are that these videos were officially released by the Navy/ Pentagon(whaaaaatever).  The videos, witness testimony and that actual official release all point to some unknown phenomena. The question is whether we believe the US military?? lolool.
    Im highly suspicious of the US releasing stuff like this. But it might just have slipped through the net. But Id question their motives.

What Im curious about is expert analysis of the videos and testimony. Have other pilots, aerospace engineers etc weighed in on this?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Superfly can you spoiler the Skinwalker stuff please? I think kow was planning to watch and its a spoiler for the show. Travis's theory is a spoiler and out of context makes no sense.

I like the show, its interesting to see the scientific approach. Looking forward to the next two epsiodes.
    Spoiler:

Superfly@
    Spoiler:
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Superfly can you spoiler the Skinwalker stuff please? I think kow was planning to watch and its a spoiler for the show. Travis's theory is a spoiler and out of context makes no sense. I like the show, its interesting to see the scientific approach. Looking forward to the next two epsiodes.
    Spoiler:
    Superfly@
    Spoiler:
    Cool, spoilered those.

Regarding your spoilers:
    Spoiler:
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Superfly can you spoiler the Skinwalker stuff please? I think kow was planning to watch and its a spoiler for the show. Travis's theory is a spoiler and out of context makes no sense. I like the show, its interesting to see the scientific approach. Looking forward to the next two epsiodes.
    Spoiler:
    Superfly@
    Spoiler:
    Cool, spoilered those.

Regarding your spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    ...I asked if anyone watched skinwalker ranch show and I got nuthin!!!!...

Should've replied SFN, but I have tried twice, and both times had to close my phone browser completely because of vociferous pop ups.

• Yeah lesson learned. If you buy a house job 1 is change all the locks.
    PSN - minkymu
  • I think it’s Aliens at skinwalker. Definitely.
  • The clue’s in the name. It’s so close to Skywalker. Can’t be a coincidence.
  • I think it’s Aliens at skinwalker. Definitely.

Lol. Thats a tired line. I know your a handsome chap, how about using your brain sometimes ;)

The show is very good btw, and i think it can be explained by science.

Quote by the lead scientist Travis Taylor, who hates the word "paranormal".

"..I don’t like the word paranormal. I don’t like it at all because it suggests that if we see something in the universe and it exists within the universe that it’s not supposed to be in the universe. And what I saw was within our universe so to me I’d say it’s normal. I’d say [it's] something that we just don’t understand and don’t know what it is.

Now what I will tell you is that absolutely without a doubt we have scientific instruments that detected and measured, multiple witnesses see, multiple cameras and multiple occasions, phenomena that cannot be explained by human technology.

It doesn’t mean it can’t be explained by a better or future understanding of physics but it does mean we can’t explain it with human technology
    ..."
  • Haven’t they all packed up and left there now though? Bankrolled no more?
  • I mean, I'd expect they would only be there as long as they had funding.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I think it’s Aliens at skinwalker. Definitely.
    Lol. Thats a tired line. I know your a handsome chap, how about using your brain sometimes ;) The show is very good btw, and i think it can be explained by science. Quote by the lead scientist Travis Taylor, who hates the word "paranormal". "..I don’t like the word paranormal. I don’t like it at all because it suggests that if we see something in the universe and it exists within the universe that it’s not supposed to be in the universe. And what I saw was within our universe so to me I’d say it’s normal. I’d say [it's] something that we just don’t understand and don’t know what it is. Now what I will tell you is that absolutely without a doubt we have scientific instruments that detected and measured, multiple witnesses see, multiple cameras and multiple occasions, phenomena that cannot be explained by human technology. It doesn’t mean it can’t be explained by a better or future understanding of physics but it does mean we can’t explain it with human technology
    ..."

@diluted and dino regarding your spoilers. I totally agree that was the reason for his possible explanation.

Well Dino I love that quote. Relatively speaking we don't know jack shit about the universe. Yet.
  • Haven’t they all packed up and left there now though? Bankrolled no more?

Not got to the end of the series yet. Two episodes left to go. The ranch is owned by a billionaire so if he wanted ge could fund stuff himself. But i guess he didnt become a billionaire by being so generous.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Haven’t they all packed up and left there now though? Bankrolled no more?
    Not got to the end of the series yet. Two episodes left to go. The ranch is owned by a billionaire so if he wanted ge could fund stuff himself. But i guess he didnt become a billionaire by being so generous.
    He bought the ranch off Bigelow didn't he? Bigelow's findings are confidential still :( Wonder why he gave up the ranch.
  • Because there was nothing there?
  • Maybe. But now there is something there. 
    And that something is a security guard that calls himself "Dragon".
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Haven’t they all packed up and left there now though? Bankrolled no more?
    He bought the ranch off Bigelow didn't he? Bigelow's findings are confidential still :( Wonder why he gave up the ranch.

Yeh bigalow got it for 200k and sold it for 4.5mil. Bigelow's findings are confidential/classified for reasons unknown. The NIDS scientitsts had to sign NDA agreements. I would hazard a guess that if science can understand what happens there and repeat the results elsewhere, then there are some lucrative commerical aspects to exploit.
    Spoiler:

Oh and dragon is hilarious. What a idiot to call himself dragon.
  • I hadn't realised that Marvel's Black Panther was a documentary.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!