Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • And love. Don’t forget about love.
  • And that too, I suppose.
  • Hyperfine is a fine word. Imma use it on the next lass I woo
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Same ting innit.

Fifth-Element-1997-Milla-Jovovich-and-Bruce-Willis-CR-Columbia-Pictures.jpg
  • Is there a worst piece of casting in Hollywood than Bruce Willis in the Fifth Element? It's almost like a parody take. What on earth was Besson thinking.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think Bruce was big at the time. I like bits of the film. Mainly the setting. That ending though?! Terrible.
  • Are we tracking that disc or is it just gone?
    I imagine it pinned to the fridge of some thicko but from a super intelligent alien race.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Think Bruce was big at the time. I like bits of the film. Mainly the setting. That ending though?! Terrible.

My mother's childhood friend's daughter, who I met at dinner and is a real cunt, is the singy opera alien in that film. She was Besson's wife at the time, when we met they were divorced.

Absolute bunch of crazies, the French film folk. Utterly vacuous and brain-dead.

• LivDiv wrote:
    Are we tracking that disc or is it just gone? I imagine it pinned to the fridge of some thicko but from a super intelligent alien race.

It's still doing science.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2019/11/interstellar-space-weirder-than-expected-nasa-voyager-2-reveals/#:~:text=Voyager 2's plasma instrument is,better look at this border.&text=WATCH: The two Voyager spacecraft,now heading for the stars.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Are we tracking that disc or is it just gone?
    I imagine it pinned to the fridge of some thicko but from a super intelligent alien race.

In my previous job, in 2011, I was so bored, I calculated how long it would take to overtake one of the voyager probes if we had a ship capable of travelling at 5 or 10% of light speed launching in 2100. I can't remember the figure, by 2100 one of the voyager probes would be really quite far out - but the putative 2100 launch would catch up to it in shockingly quick time. I can't rember exactly, it might have been 15 hours, or maybe a few days. It really was eye opening.

It also told me I needed to get a new job.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    John Bolton is about to get fucked for discussing classified information in his book. Snowden is hiding in Russia because he will spend years in prison in America for leaking classified information if he ever leaves. No one, as far as I am aware, has been locked up for talking about aliens - probably because the US government don't give a shit.
    I wrote:
    I suppose though, what you would need to do to properly 'balance' this argument, is find a whistleblower, prior to Snowden, making similar claims, and explore why they weren't believed. I'm sure that's quite possible.

So there's this guy from New Zealand, Nicky Hager. He's very much alive, and free.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Hager#:~:text=Secret%20Power%3A%20New%20Zealand's%20Role,of%20electronic%20eavesdropping%20between%20countries

He's an investigative journalist with a number of spooky interests. He's not someone I've had on any of my reading lists. I'd found him by searching for a couple of keywords from the Snowden revelations. That led me to an advert for his first book (he's written 7. On different subjects), tucked away in a single issue of a rightfully obscure (and now defunct) publication for spooky shit. Tbf, Hager's book was one of the more believable claims offered by the rag. 

His book heralded the scope of of Snowden's whistle-blowing in 1996:
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2332688.Secret_Power?from_choice=false&from_home_module=false&rating=1

It's not a best seller, though it does, interestingly, carry an endorsement from a retired (New Zealand) Prime Minister.
    But the work, as technical and detailed as it apparently is, never did become popular, and Mr Hager had no need to flee to Russia.

Similarly, I've just read an article about another investigative journalist, Duncan Campbell, whose own story predates Hager's by 8 years, and Snowden's, by almost 30 years. He apparently tried to tell the same story in 1988. I've yet to read this article, but this is his own story - https://theintercept.com/2015/08/03/life-unmasking-british-eavesdroppers/

Like Hager, he's neither dead or in jail.

That said, none of those mentioned, are government employees.

Snowden's contact at the Guardian, the one who broke the story, was apparently harassed by the government for a time, but also remains free. So I think this is an employment oath / contract thing. Though we can guess there are no hard and fast rules about who pays what price for leaking classified information.

This isn't to say "Sometimes the government lies, and that's why there are aliens on Earth, lol". It's more to say, "We are human, and are just as capable of making mistakes, as we are of making grand and selfish plans".

Obviously, some ropy CG won't help swing any argument for me. But can you really cast anyone who suspends your disbelief as a liar?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Amma also going to start quoting myself and then answering that quote until I go mad.
  • Amma also going to start quoting myself and then answering that quote until I go mad.
    answering that quote until I go mad.

UNTIL I GO MAD

Is that even possible?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Voyager probably involved but not mentioned in the Wikipedia page. Always love hearing that little guy's name.

First on the list was:
    'A search for signals and for evidence of astroengineering activities in the radiation of a few hundred chosen nearby stars...'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Soviet-American_Conference_on_Communication_with_Extraterrestrial_Intelligence

All for it btw.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I mean, Jodrell Bank have been listening for something like 70+ years now.
  • And we've certainly been broadcasting for a while. Hitler at the Berlin Olympics says hello universe.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    John Bolton is about to get fucked for discussing classified information in his book. Snowden is hiding in Russia because he will spend years in prison in America for leaking classified information if he ever leaves. No one, as far as I am aware, has been locked up for talking about aliens - probably because the US government don't give a shit.
    I wrote:
    I suppose though, what you would need to do to properly 'balance' this argument, is find a whistleblower, prior to Snowden, making similar claims, and explore why they weren't believed. I'm sure that's quite possible.
    So there's this guy from New Zealand, Nicky Hager. He's very much alive, and free. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Hager#:~:text=Secret%20Power%3A%20New%20Zealand's%20Role,of%20electronic%20eavesdropping%20between%20countries   He's an investigative journalist with a number of spooky interests. He's not someone I've had on any of my reading lists. I'd found him by searching for a couple of keywords from the Snowden revelations. That led me to an advert for his first book (he's written 7. On different subjects), tucked away in a single issue of a rightfully obscure (and now defunct) publication for spooky shit. Tbf, Hager's book was one of the more believable claims offered by the rag.  His book heralded the scope of of Snowden's whistle-blowing in 1996: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2332688.Secret_Power?from_choice=false&from_home_module=false&rating=1 It's not a best seller, though it does, interestingly, carry an endorsement from a retired (New Zealand) Prime Minister. But the work, as technical and detailed as it apparently is, never did become popular, and Mr Hager had no need to flee to Russia. Similarly, I've just read an article about another investigative journalist, Duncan Campbell, whose own story predates Hager's by 8 years, and Snowden's, by almost 30 years. He apparently tried to tell the same story in 1988. I've yet to read this article, but this is his own story - https://theintercept.com/2015/08/03/life-unmasking-british-eavesdroppers/ Like Hager, he's neither dead or in jail. That said, none of those mentioned, are government employees.   Snowden's contact at the Guardian, the one who broke the story, was apparently harassed by the government for a time, but also remains free. So I think this is an employment oath / contract thing. Though we can guess there are no hard and fast rules about who pays what price for leaking classified information. ... This isn't to say "Sometimes the government lies, and that's why there are aliens on Earth, lol". It's more to say, "We are human, and are just as capable of making mistakes, as we are of making grand and selfish plans". Obviously, some ropy CG won't help swing any argument for me. But can you really cast anyone who suspends your disbelief as a liar?

This is the point I am making. Government employees (in whatever guise that might be, military, contractor, analyst etc) are granted access to classified information in order to perform the duties of their job.  That access comes with the requirement that that information is not disclosed to those that do not have the need and authority to access that information.  A journalist is not subject to that same requirement as they have not entered into a legal contract with the government not to disclose classified information.

Any former agent of the government who  discloses classified information in an unauthorised manner is highly likely to be arrested and charged.  The fact that these former government employees who are disclosing "classified" information regarding UFOs and aliens are free to walk around and say whatever they want about "Top Secret" government programs makes me think that the they aren't actually talking about anything that exists at all, or they would already have been thrown in prison.
  • Exactly. Or it's part of a cushy job maintaining interest in DoD funding, and they're being consistent / it's part of the deal if you're a bit of a mental and the director wants you out that you can do consultancy on kooky shit to supplement your pension.

• Nice little interview with a young chap whose mother has become a tinfoil hat wearing menace.

BMfx1ND.png
    Sebastian’s mum has become one of the leaders of Britain’s conspiracy community, collecting tens of thousands of followers with false claims – including denying coronavirus exists, blaming the symptoms of Covid-19 on 5G radio waves and likening the NHS to Nazi Germany.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’d like to say I’m surprised. But having a sister who falls for this shit I’m sad to say I’m not. My sister sends me videos linking 5g to all sorts of shit and they are always these women talking who say listen to it quickly or it will be taken down.

I have tried a couple times to counter with saying that none of the science points to this and that just leads to the conspiracy that scientists are in on it too. You can’t argue against this stuff because people don’t want to listen.

It almost feels like we are entering a dark age. Ironically brought on by technology.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They are a very loud minority.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Essentially the Internet has allowed all the village idiots to get together and talk about their idiotic ideas in a group, rather than on their own in the pub being told to shut up or being laughed at. They think their ideas have merit because they have found a sympathetic ear.

There aren't more idiots, just more ways for them to communicate.
  • My fash ex friend (I spy on him on Twitter) has transitioned to this now.
  • They think their ideas have merit because they have found a sympathetic ear. There aren't more idiots, just more ways for them to communicate.

I dunno about that. I think having more ways to communicate automatically ends up expanding their numbers.

Still a tiny minority, mind. Thankfully.
  • I spent the night in a locked cell with a nutter who was convinced about all of these conspiracy theories. I sat on a chair with my back to the cell door just staring at him with a look of utter bewilderment as he spouted all this bollocks about 5g controlling our minds and how the government is using secret black drones at night to spy on us and all of our phone calls are listened to and sold on etc etc etc.

I found the whole thing highly amusing. I just kept telling him to shut his stupid face because he's a fucking loon and to grow up.

Then he told me he found the centre of the universe and it's inside of him.
    He then lay on the mattress, pulled his trousers down, took his legs over his head and stuck his finger right into his ass and said "HERE IT IS!! THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE!! ITS IN HERE!!"

I cried laughing.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Not my proudest moment.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!