Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Some more fab CGI. Had the stones to use a fixed camera to minimise those misdirecting shakes, long shots and no cut aways. Slowing it down to quarter speed and love how the weight and motion is nearly spot on. Inspired location of a storage room full of boxes to make it harder to light and animate. WTF are those guys talking about torturing it for for? Nice touch.  
    Imagine going to all that time and money for only 203 people watching it, lets hope these skills got put to good use in the industry.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I love how aliens are always humanoid and never like, some 8d gas entity that we can't comprehend.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yeah, no imagination!

That said, not inconceivable if 'Goldilocks' planets are the reason.
  • That all assumes stuff based on human science though doesn't it? I like to think the aliens out there have totally unfathomable science to us that breaks the laws of physics as we know them. I mean, why not?

No, they must be humanoid and based on our knowledge. And current rendering tech.
  • They should all be entirely new colours really too.  Grey/beige aliens are so 1947.
  • They never have hair.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Thing is about footage is, if it's mono and poor quality people say fake. Clear modern video, and it's fake. Playing by those rules it's a rigged game. It's the nature of the setting and context that weirds me. Mention's selling it to the CIA? 

Let's give the creator some credit here, it's great stuff.

• Yeah, rivetting. Original, groundbreaking stuff!
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I started his alien interview videos, fuck me thats some awful stuff.
  • This is a great thread.  121 pages of stuff I've mostly missed.  Where's Skerret gone?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I love how aliens are always humanoid and never like, some 8d gas entity that we can't comprehend.

That’s why I love the Arrival

• Yeah that was deffo in mind when I posted! It's refreshing to see those kind of takes on aliens.
  • Happily, fake videos are having a hard time right now because although tech has made them look vaguely convincing to a mental, the res bumps make it easy to tell under close scrutiny. They will always have to be slightly blurry and more importantly, dark. The tricks they use for reflections and such can be spotted a mile off by an expert. 

Until real ray tracing becomes actually possible (and not the cheat rtx versions) they're kind of fucked, so we're left with crappy blurring pretty much all the time because that works best. The vid above wouldn't stand a chance because although it's dark there's still enough light to see which rendering techniques they're using. We're going to be stuck with blurry forever.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Practical effects shot on old equipment are the way.
  • Some top tier trolling by Hair itt.
  • Nah, he believes.
  • I want to believe he believes.
  • There's been too many times when he's taken offence to ridicule. Proper strops.
  • I can't believe he believes so I'm going to believe he doesn't believe.
  • Nice lad though, just bonkers.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s the Quest mate. Fucks with your head.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Why is Tony Montana interrogating aliens?

"You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!"
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Now it does
  • Hair really raising the stakes with the dark and pixellated there.
  • This footage is presumably recorded by people studying a real, live alien?

So what they've done, is put the alien in a poorly lit room to do the recording so that they can't see any details properly, and they've used a very weird, blue light, which ,means that any colouration of the skin, eyes, or whatever on the real, live alien are now completely unrepresentative of it's actual colouration under normal lighting conditions. 

They also have followed the scientific method by keeping a bloodstain on one of the walls. Because one of the things you often see in biological studies of animals is keeping them in shitty, unclean environments, which keeps them in great condition and maximises the amount of time you will have to study them. 

BHd I can't tell if you're trolling or serious with these vids. They are shit, they don't even warrant consideration of a "Ooooh maybe this could be real?" debate, because as usual, the sort of people who are interested in producing these videos are the sort of people who get all their information on how you keep animals in captivity for study from TV. 

In the damned if you do, damned if you don't aspect of fake videos having no chance whether they are low quality or high quality images, here is Tetra Vaal from 2004 which had fucking tons of people convinced that it was real, or so good that they couldn't completely dismiss out of hand the idea that robot cops were being tested for deployment onto the streets of joburg. I think in 2020 the only weak shot in this video is the bullet casing. 

All alien conspiracy vid wannabe film makers should watch this video, because it demonstrates how to make something convincing, it is convincing in it's depiction of being a snippet of video from a tech company pitching it's robot at potential investors. If you wanna make leaked footage of a captured alien being studied, you should make sure your video looks like something you would expect from a research team.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Almost looks real

Out the way Rouj!
  • I like it when Dino gets annoyed with Hair for posting vids that Dino thinks are giving his written article madness a bad name.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Some top tier trolling by Hair itt.

He's not trolling, he just dresses it up with a teeny bit of humour /plausible deniability to escape censure or ridicule. Same thing it was with Brexit. Man lacks balls.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!