Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Did you watch it Davy?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nope. Will do though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Cool.
  • I watch youtube a lot, most of the time watching stuff in the recommended feed, and it's fine for me - it's entirely breadtube stuff, retro games, speedrunning, film theory, country music, guitars and comedy.
  • An interesting wierd stuff read.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/34662/faa-documents-offer-unprecedented-look-into-colorado-drone-mystery

Newly Released FAA Documents Give Unprecedented Look Into Colorado Drone Swarm Mystery
    Hundreds of pages of documents provide consistent detailed descriptions of the drones and conclude the military wasn't behind the operation.

BY BRETT TINGLEY AND THE WAR ZONE STAFF
    JULY 15, 2020
    THE WAR ZONE

"As covered in previous reports by The War Zone, law enforcement agencies in numerous rural counties in eastern Colorado and adjacent areas of Nebraska and Kansas received an influx of reports of large drones flying in formations at night for a period of several weeks during December 2019 and early January 2020. Many law enforcement personnel were among the reporting witnesses. In short order, the “mystery drone” wave also elicited serious expressions of concern from at least two U.S. senators and attention from Colorado’s governor and state public safety agency. The activity soon drew the attention of regional and later national news media, as well."

"Now, The War Zone can offer an unprecedented inside look at what was going on behind the scenes within the FAA, which was leading a task force to solve the drone mystery. Not only is the confusion within the agency made clear, but we now have multiple highly credible official reports from trained observers from the timeframe when the objects were present in the region. Many of them match to a remarkable degree and they allude to a unique arrangement in which a large drone seems to have been accompanied by a fleet of smaller ones. We also have the latest conclusions, or lack thereof, of what the FAA thinks actually was happening over those peculiar weeks last winter."
  • Did we ever get an answer on the Gatwick drones?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cool.

Yeah. He has confirmed a lot of what I've been thinking but as you said earlier - I think it's easy to think you are in control. That's what I am taking away from that. I am being manipulated. And that negative/sad thing is a really interesting point. I have had issues these last couple of years and while I don't want to blame it , there was a lot of stuff going on I wasn't responding well to, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a factor.

I don't think I'll delete my accounts - but I will delete the FB app off my phone. I should probably just drop FB activity unless I have something in mind particular to an FB group. Messenger is good - use it for video calls- so will keep that app.

Youtube - yeah - probably another app I need to delete. I have my own little channel I put gameplay recordings on. YT is a valuable resource for "How tos" - I think I will only log in when I am uploading something.

I need to burn up less time wasted just going into FB and YT to pass time.  Here is all I need for that. :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did we ever get an answer on the Gatwick drones?

Yep. Controlled by aliens from the 50’s
  • nick_md wrote:
    I watch youtube a lot, most of the time watching stuff in the recommended feed, and it's fine for me - it's entirely breadtube stuff, retro games, speedrunning, film theory, country music, guitars and comedy.

Yeah, I just use YouTube for music. It’s a jukebox for me, and the algorithm does a decent job. It never, ever pulls up anything that isn’t just music.
  • b0r1s wrote:

Or ‘boomers’ as they’re known.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I like YouTube a lot. You just need to find the reliable channels. You also need to tell the algo to piss off sometimes and it generally listens. By removing crap it throws up on the homepage stream.

I watch a lot of tech channels and product stuff when I’m researching.

Films, games and travel stuff. Oh and addicted to Living Big in A Tiny House.

• Did we ever get an answer on the Gatwick drones?

No we didnt
  • davyK wrote:
    Cool.
    Yeah. He has confirmed a lot of what I've been thinking but as you said earlier - I think it's easy to think you are in control. That's what I am taking away from that. I am being manipulated. And that negative/sad thing is a really interesting point. I have had issues these last couple of years and while I don't want to blame it , there was a lot of stuff going on I wasn't responding well to, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a factor. I don't think I'll delete my accounts - but I will delete the FB app off my phone. I should probably just drop FB activity unless I have something in mind particular to an FB group. Messenger is good - use it for video calls- so will keep that app. Youtube - yeah - probably another app I need to delete. I have my own little channel I put gameplay recordings on. YT is a valuable resource for "How tos" - I think I will only log in when I am uploading something. I need to burn up less time wasted just going into FB and YT to pass time.  Here is all I need for that. :)

Yeah it's a strange and troubling situation. I think YT can be fine if you use it for certain things. Subscribing can be ok (as long as it's something like a hobby) because it's more like the standard tv model and everyone gets the same thing. That's not to say it won't subtly nudge you via your feed towards channels that make you sad but for certain things it's not the worst. 

Worse, algos are getting better and the hardware more intrusive. Imagine when VR has a 4K camera trained on your pupil at all times. 1984 seemed so horrific back in the day but this is so much worse in some ways. It's the subtlety, and it's all happened in the last 10 yrs without most people even noticing.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yesterday.

Could be a big fucking drone. If it's a blimp, why are there dozens of people dangerously stopping and filming, like they've never seen one before?

Weird.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • NFL blimp with an LED board on the belly.
  • It is just sat there, whatever it is and yet again we have flailing shit footage.
  • Very polite of the aliens to have a little flashing anti collision light on the top there, clearly keen to fit in with our aviation regulations.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Phew, it's a blimp. Bloody rubberneckers nearly had me believing this shit.
  • If it's a blimp, why are there dozens of people dangerously stopping and filming, like they've never seen one before?

I hate to break it to you but people will film any old shit now that much of the developed world has phone cameras. People film pigeons walking around on pavements doing nothing interesting at all.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It only takes one to start a crowd.
  • Phew, it's a blimp. Bloody rubberneckers nearly had me believing this shit.

That YouTube channel is amazeballs.

• Imagine if overconfident aliens invade in 2020 dosed up with full immunity to the common cold.
  • No they brought covid here. Keep up Moot.
  • Yesterday. Could be a big fucking drone. If it's a blimp, why are there dozens of people dangerously stopping and filming, like they've never seen one before? Weird.

I guess for me, my question to you is, what do you think it is? If it might be a UFO and it was just chilling there, where were the news reports and the footage from the news teams? Is the entire news industry suppressed by forces unseen? Is it just that the news is too skeptical to believe that this might be a UFO and they have wrongly assumed it's just a blimp with an illuminated advertising board and a flashing light on it?

If it was me who saw a thing that I thought might be a UFO, I wouldn't take 90 seconds of shit footage. I'd be there with my hands as steady as I could and I wouldn't stop filming until my phone died or it moved.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I think it's a blimp. Lighting conditions making the top half appear cropped. As Gurt mentioned, you can see at the start a light flash on the top right of the object.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't think I've ever seen a blimp so I'd definitely film one.
  • Phew, it's a blimp. Bloody rubberneckers nearly had me believing this shit.
    That YouTube channel is amazeballs.

Here's another hard hitting expose. 

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I like the midi Tool cover
  • We should have a contemporary re-telling of War of the Worlds where the invading aliens try to massacre us with Covid-19, but we ultimately fry their brains with 5G for the win.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s wrote:

Wasn't it just rudeboys
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!