Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • So if the footage was from sometime between 1942-1969, filmed on a military base using a 8mm-16mm camera would it look like that?

Some could conceivably have quickly grabbed a camera and got that "footage" yes.

It certainly isn't what I would expect from a genuine scientific study though. Colour film was invented around 1940 for a start so something as massively important as an alien surely would have been shot in colour especially by the 1960s.
    Tripods have existed even longer.
    The framing is also poor, constant shaking and movement. Its always the way though. Aliens must really hate competent camera operators.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I like that the SFX expert thinks we gave this interstellar traveller a jigsaw puzzle to do and it smiled like a wise ass when it completed it
  • While I'm here the video is still playing and the genius doing the review says it looks like the alien looks down, does a puzzle real quick, then looks up at his handlers and smiles. 

As far as we currently understand, the only animals that actually smile are humans and some apes because it is a learned behaviour. It is very likely that intelligent life elsewhere in the universe operates on different set of social behaviours. I mean, smiling doesn't always mean you are happy or proud even among humans. 

I'm not saying skinny bob there isn't smiling, I'm saying the guy doing the review is fucking dummy who can't even look at the footage and remember that the thing he's watching is not from this planet and should not be expected to behave like a human would in terms of body language, or expression.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It’s the WEIRD thread so nobody knows. The subject might have been injured, time is of the essence etc. Original footage could have been colour. The shaking in the group shot could be trying to conceal filming.

Edit: Possibly be from Earth hence the smile. ‘Where are you from?’ Points to the third rock.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Is that sfx expert video a reshare?
    Because the guy's channel is mostly about comic books dotted with weirdo internet well shit but has 0 CG.
  • Quick somebody send it to SETI. They're going to have a total freakout.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Absolute scenes in this thread today. Top work.
  • This thread never fails to live up to its name.
  • I'm pretty open minded about the existence of life outside this solar system and I'm pretty open minded about the possibility of aliens visiting earth. I start to draw the line at the idea that aliens who come from a society that has mastered interstellar travel using vehicles operating beyond our known understanding of physics that then crash here have been captured/rescued and are/were held in a facility somewhere to this day.

For me, when think about stuff like aliens crashing here is that when a flight goes missing, other humans usually come looking for it. 

Although we lack the capacity for interstellar understanding of science, we make up for that with our tenacity, spending years sometimes on the search for something if it's important enough (MH370 and the scanning of the ocean floor for years, a good example).

If we assume that the aliens who come to earth are all from the same species, let's just use the classic grey lads, and they've been coming here since at least the 40s, they don't appear to be very interested in the fact that we have some of their people current banged up in at least one location. Maybe they did a diplomacy or maybe we did and we came to some arrangement - in that case, just try to imagine what diplomacy might occur between humans and these visitors. Us, stuck on Earth with our biggest form of leverage being that we wield the threat of a weapon that if used, will end most of the life on the planet compared to a species of beings who are free to come and go as they please between our solar system and wherever they come from. 

What could we possibly offer them, that they couldn't just take? If the roles were reversed, would humans peacefully remain in the shadows doing our own thing and letting a couple of other humans be studied somewhere if we went to another planet with sentient life and crashed there? Or would we just end up exploiting that planet for it's resources and use our insane technological advantage or threat of, to have our people returned to us pronto?

I dunno, for me, I don't think there are aliens being held or corpses of aliens, or human alien hybrids anywhere on the planet. I can't see how humans would tolerate any of that shit from another species if we were in the position to do something about it and I can't see why visiting aliens would need to remain hidden in the shadows, making deals with governments for whatever it is they wanted, they would have no need for diplomacy because we are not a threat to them.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • We'd be a mild curiosity at best.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Those aliens are CG with an After Effects template over the top, covering up the usual tells. 

I don't know what that Youtube comic fan with his 200 subscribers does professionally but he said he'd never seen footage like it in his 'career' which made me lol. He says it's definitely 100% not CG. Even ten years ago I don't think there's many pieces of footage anyone can ever look at and say that about. Or no CG elements at all. Especially when the condition of the recording is so grainy.
  • Exactly. What do you feel when you look at ants in your garden and do the ants even comprehend the concept of what you are?

@SpaceGazelle
  • poprock wrote:
    Absolute scenes in this thread today. Top work.
    +1 I'm catching up
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I thought there might be actual talk on the actual aliens that actually exist one planet over. 

But no it's bigfoot time.
  • We've had enough of experts and their microbes. We want REAL ALIENS with STRANGE HEEDS N HONDS
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thanks Hair. This has really cheered me up today. Top bantz.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Thoughtful post there Rougin (The ridicule and humour is also appreciated) just might be we are looking at things through a very human centric lens. Too many UFO craft around the world reported (since we became atomically aware) not for a panic/betrayal/misunderstanding/lightning strike not to have brought one down (especially if it was snooping around a military base). It might have died since, or been traded and told to keep your ape mouths shut because prime directive.

Remote viewing of the video had some interesting things to say

https://youtu.be/lpXx5ROJJ20
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah but they break the Prime directive all the time. Like nearly every episode.
  • Got a direct link to that DoD announcement, instead of an image?
  • Ah the times we live in. Do you know there's actually still a subset of people out there on the interwebs that still believes Ray Santilli's classic alien autopsy scam video from 1995 is in fact real? 
    The way the YouTube algorithm works is just spoon-feeding people all this nonsense, and we're basically now living in an echo chamber where this absolute nonsense is increasingly being believed to be fact.

Oh, and if your beliefs don't tally with mine, don't worry, because I'll just delete your comments...
    QTDzQlP.png
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Haha
  • @BHD 

The only thing getting ridiculed is the guy in the skinny bob vid claiming to be a VFX expert when his extent of VFX knowledge appears to be playing video games. 

The thing that I always come back to when thinking about any alien stuff is "Why?". 

Lightning strikes don't down that many man made planes as it is. Lightning strikes are not a serious hazard when flying, typically planes fly around storms because it's the turbulence that will damage the wings or engines that is the thing being avoided. I doubt lightning strikes have ever downed a UFO. 

Why would aliens need to do an atmospheric flight over a military base to snoop on it? We don't even do that, we use a big zoom camera strapped to a satellite in orbit most of the time. Or we fly a plane at insanely high altitude above the range at which it can either be detected or intercepted if it is detectable.

I'm all for a good global conspiracy where aliens have made contact with humans and governments have made contact and everything is kept secret and we are trading something with them in exchange for the rest of us carrying on our normal daily lives in blissful ignorance, but the older I get, the less sense any of that makes sense when you start to scratch the surface. When I was in my late teens and even into my early 20s I was well into moon landing conspiracy shit and roswell and rods and all that stuff. But the older I get and the more I learn about things, the less any of it stands up to any kind of scrutiny for me.

I want there to be aliens out there, I don't want to think that humanity is for all intents and purposes alone in the galaxy, I think for a lot of people aliens coming down and fixing all our problems/occupying all our collective attention is probably a legit source of cope for some people for all the terrible things that happen. I just can't do all the skinny bob type shit anymore, it requires such a complete divergence from logical thought for any of it to be real.

The best I can do these days is that those videos that come from military flights showing objects that look at bit like cigars appearing to do weird shit look pretty convincing, so I'll put those in the maybe pile, but I can't see any way they can be held up of proof of secret terrestrial or extra terrestrial craft. I guess pilots are a more trusted type of witness than your regular person on the street, but they're not infallible, they're out there bombing weddings and shit in the middle east because they can't tell the difference between the buffet table and stockpile of RPGs.
  • In my entire career posting on videogames forums, I have never seen such a shoddy job at LOGIC and FACTS as what ROUJ has done here. I hope Gman deletes that post so that this thread stays focused on TRUTH
  • Why has a taskforce been set up to investigate Unidentified Aerial Phenomena in US airspace? Can't think why.

Must be Marvin the Martian.
  • Yeah I'm super excited for the possibility of extraterrestrial life, and hope to see some serious effort put into explorations of the other planets and moons of our solar system within my lifetime. Europa in particular is incredibly enticing.

I'm far less interested in all this bullshit though, I'm happy to keep an open mind about stuff, and take the occasional thing at face value such as Fravor's tic tac. But I've yet to see anything that comes close to being a confirmation of extraterrestrial intelligence, there's just not anything like enough data. The human mind is incredibly fallible, people make connections that aren't really there all the time. There's a massive difference between 'something unexplainable happened' and 'alien craft were sighted'.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Classic old man rouj. He's gonna be voting Tory soon, I'm calling it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!