PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    At the end if the day, it's not the screen controller that has be sold on the new Nintendo console.  It's a Nintendo cronsole.  It'll offer something unique.  It's a new console and we're getting it this year!  'Citing!

Yes. It's Nintendo, it'll have Nintendo Magic, it'll be Brilltendo.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The social stuff is encouraging as it implies an improved online experience overall.

The "pro" controller is just a re-jig of the Wii's classic Pro controller which has been available for some time (Monster Hunter Tri) - its very nice to use.
    black_CCP.jpg

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • adored wrote:
    Having just sat through all 30 mins & 26 secs of that I feel like I've just watched a spoof.

Also, WiiVerse?!?

Surely U-Mii-Verse would've been better?

Here, here and here. Awkward as fook, it was like watching the most polite hostage video ever.U-Mii-Verse? you sir, are wasted in this forum. This actually makes me excited for E3, could it be that ninty have got sooo many games to show off that they want to get the tech stuff out of the way before the event??? (doubtful)

Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Regarding squirting games to the small screen, I've made the point that that makes the use of the second screen redundant. 

However, they've answered that by saying that you won't generally be able to do that.  It'll only work with "more casual games," was the throwaway line from the video, before showing someone playing what looked like NSMB and an othello-a-like.

So anyone expecting that you'll be able to just pop your next Zelda game on the handheld bit when your other half wants the TV is mistaken.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Do you have source for that elm? I thought last night's video said exactly the opposite.
  • @Elmlea Really? Because that's exactly what they showed at the last E3. You're just being a negative ned. We know little right now. In the next few days we'll know a bit more, but we won't know exactly what's what for some time.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Elm will get one and he knows it.
  • I didnt have a wii but i'll be getting one of these at launch. I'm pleased as punch with my 3ds and so that was the main thing for me, when he started talking about wiiverse i did a little wee. Interactivity with the 3ds will be crucial for me but i like this tablet thing. I like the multi screen play element (which is the USP someone said it was lacking).

ftlr - i'm in.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Do you have source for that elm? I thought last night's video said exactly the opposite.

It was from the video; it said "some games" would be able to be continued on the GamePad itself, then Iwata said "this will be used for more casual games" or something like that.

It does make sense though, I would have thought that a game that relies on 2-screen stuff won't work when you only have one screen?
  • Spock wrote:
    Elm will get one and he knows it.

I doubt it; I'll get my Nintendo fix from my 3DS.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Spock wrote:

I'll wager 20 Bear and badger Rupees that you crack before the end of 2012. Deal?

• Mod74 wrote:
    Jesus christ!

So his mate offers to come round and help him and he says no I will just go on a forum. Isn't that directly contrary to the family/friends gameplay Ninty has been pushing for the last 5 years?
  • I think it best if we all just pretend that this video doesn't exist.
  • Spock wrote:
    I think it best if we all just pretend that this video doesn't exist.
    Indeed
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Ubisoft says the Wii U will support only one GamePad.

Bit of a shame, but I guess that's why Nintendo made the Pro Pads. Player one will use the GamePad, and if you want to play split screen, additional players will use Pros.

I wonder if a Wii Classic Controller (pro or vanilla) attached to a Wii-mote will also be usable on the Wii U, in place of a Pro Pad.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I wonder if a Wii Classic Controller (pro or vanilla) attached to a Wii-mote will also be usable on the Wii U, in place of a Pro Pad.

That's one hell of a sentence.

Supporting four different controller schemes out of the gate.

Good old 3rd party friendly Ninty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Tried to watch the presentation but the voice made me too sleepy. From what I saw I have determined the following: 1.) Iwata is small and has a funny accent when speaking english.
    You'd probably sound like a knob trying out a bit of Japanese. Anyway, welcome, dude.
    Ah, so true. My Japan voice would indeed be terrible. But it wasn't the "Engrish" that caught me, it was that it was like he learned his English from a french man. Can't explain it but it struck me as odd and not in a Japanese person speaking English way

/
    Elmlea wrote:
    I like the social stuff, but I looked at it and just wished I could have it on a console I'll actually play, as detailed above.  And Iwata is indeed small; that was the first thing I noticed.  We're all closet racists.

And again, I didn't mean that he is small in a Japanese way, more that for a guy who regardless of nationality isn't a tall or imposing guy they shot the video in a way that emphasised his lack of height.

But anyway, the more I see of this the more I think it could be an interesting console. Whether I'll pick it over a new xbox is a different matter but I skipped out on nintendo on the last 2 generations (had a wii but only had wii sports and Galaxy from nintendo) so a return to them full-time is interesting.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    That's one hell of a sentence. Supporting four different controller schemes out of the gate. Good old 3rd party friendly Ninty.

I did wonder if it was clear, what with the almost interchangeable nature of the words 'game', 'pad', 'pro', 'classic', etc. I expect much confusion in the future.

I suspect you should be able to, though; the Classic Pro (Wii) is basically the same as a Pro Pad (Wii U) minus the possible lawsuit from Microsoft.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Spock wrote:
    Elmlea wrote:
    Spock wrote:
    I'll wager 20 Bear and badger Rupees that you crack before the end of 2012. Deal?

I don't know what those things are, but I'm pretty certain I won't have a Wii U by then.  Or do you mean I still won't want one by then...?
  • Having watched EA, MS, Ubi and Sony's conferences I have to say Nintendo dont have to do an awful lot to win the show.

F ZERO
  • They'll only win the show for me if they announce that they're releasing their entire back catalogue on 360 and PS3 and the new firmware for the 3DS will make it suck me off and print banknotes.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    They'll only win the show for me if they announce that they're releasing their entire back catalogue on 360 and PS3 and the new firmware for the 3DS will make it suck me off and print banknotes.
    Lol

F Zero
  • I'm quite interested in Nintendo's conference.  And not just to laugh at them.  Not interested in buying a Wii U but it will be interesting to see what Nintendo can do with current gen hardware.
  • I genuinely think it will be good
  • I think with the amount of cash the DS and Wii made them, they can frankly do anything.  They could make a joke console for the next generation and still ride it out.  That degree of freedom must be interesting.

I'm still hoping there'll be a *proper* reboot of one the key IPs though.  SMG was a lovely change to the Mario games, but something bigger than that.  A Zelda that isn't basically just a continuation of Ocarina?  Something like Metroid Prime?
  • I always disliked the idea of consoles becoming 'media centres', however it would really make the wii U for me if it played blu-ray or at least DVD movies.  my wii doesn't get used at all, and the PS3 is not much more than a blu-ray player these days...i could replace both in one fell swoop if the wii U would play films...but i'm pretty sure it doesn't, right?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Pretty sure it won't.
    Get schwifty.
  • it's a big shame.  especially considering you can control the TV with the pad too, they obviously considered it's use when people weren't playing games....nevermind transferring your game to the pad so other people could watch the TV, imagine transferring the Disney DVD your kid is watching onto the little screen so that you can watch sky sports news! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bags on OCTOG123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!