Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If you get to that point it's probably better to just do something else. Watching YouTube videos to cut down on the "work" of playing a video game, dear me
  • Plus you’d never find it in ordinary play - lol
    The Forum Herald™
  • I wish the Triforce quest at the end of Wind Waker had been longer and more boring, said Paul.
  • MK running around the depths in the dark is still my favourite 'play your own way' so far though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Never played it. I'm definitely not advocating for anything to be longer or more boring, but you know that.

Missing out on an armour set wouldn't be the end of the world either
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    MK running around the depths in the dark is still my favourite 'play your own way' so far though.

Reminded me of the time Dante played NMS, the game with the unique selling point of being able to seamlessly leave the atmosphere of a planet to go exploring other planets, and promptly refused to leave his first planet
  • Never played it. I'm definitely not advocating for anything to be longer or more boring, but you know that.

Missing out on an armour set wouldn't be the end of the world either

I know, but some things (like armour fetch quests) are long and boring to some people, whereas other players presumably wish such things were further away and better hidden.
  • Ever since Ocarina I have had a personal aversion to using guides, which back then were more magazines. For me I don’t fancy using YouTube videos. I want to discover things by chance or design in game. But no judgement on others using them. Except Bob of course. You’re judged mate. [Game Of Thrones Shame.gif] I do think Tears is much tougher than BotW for casual gamers and can fully understand seeking out a few quick improvements to make it easier to simply walk around and explore without fearing every single monster you meet. I am liking the game tho.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    MK running around the depths in the dark is still my favourite 'play your own way' so far though.

Reminded me of the time Dante played NMS, the game with the unique selling point of being able to seamlessly leave the atmosphere of a planet to go exploring other planets, and promptly refused to leave his first planet

I binned MGSV as soon as Snake got out of hospital.
  • I wish I had
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    I wish I had

LOL. It's definitely a highlight of the game.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I mean if you wanna use a guide and it's not an MP game who gives a flying cuntfuck if you're still having fun

TLDR: lol Paul owned
  • Moot probably wants a flat screen version of Half Life: Alyx, a Dark Souls easy mode, a no-RNG Baldurs Gate 3. #TeamPaul
  • Look, I just want to eat my Cadbury's Creme Egg without someone doing a wanker sign at me through the front room window.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Look, I just want to eat my Cadbury's Creme Egg without someone doing a wanker sign at me through the front room window.
    do you bite off the top, then lick out all the inside, eating the chocolate shell last? or just much through it like it was a hard boiled egg?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I've hit the town with the rock people. Time to get this last temple done and push onto the end.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Look, I just want to eat my Cadbury's Creme Egg without someone doing a wanker sign at me through the front room window.
    do you bite off the top, then lick out all the inside, eating the chocolate shell last? or just much through it like it was a hard boiled egg?

I smash it on a flat surface and then dunk the crumbs in whisky.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I smash it on a flat surface and then drunk the crumbs in whisky.
    sounds like the person at the window is in the right... ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • There are things in this game where it’s blind luck if you find it or so obtuse to find that if you want to complete it all you would need a guide. No one is 100%ing this without a guide unless you’re playing it day in day out for three years.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • i've not come across any phantom armour, i've still not even found the desert armour other than the headress! :D 

Beat the lightning boss but in the later cut scene my battery died. Hope i dont have to redo it! 

So hard to see what the fuck was going on when Riju's power made the screen go almost completely yellow, couldn't see the bug thing at all. Wish i'd done it on a TV. 

i've also clocked some fire temple thing underground. Will head there next. Want more armour :) 

Then it's the gleeoks
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Great session on the commute in today. Opened up tonnes of the depths. Managed to find a few shrines in random places. Found a nice cave in hebra where I had to bomb a tonne of rocks to let water fill it in. Unlocked some cool stuff. Also got the champions tunic. Beat Frox (what a cool character). 

According to the special controls page there are things i'm yet to unlock? :D wtf?
  • I completed the fire temple. Was using a YouTube walk through but he was making hard work of it so
    I did some bits more efficiently
    The Forum Herald™
  • Cheesed the fire temple
    Boss and read a guide for the last bit
    The Forum Herald™
  • ended up spending my new commute (50 each way minutes of uninterrupted Zelda on the train every morning for the next 6 months) mooching around the depths. I've given up doing it in the dark, and i'm glad i did. Parts would be so hard where there are overhangs you can't jump up while climbing but have to ascend through. It's also interesting how i'm using the topography and contour lines of the ground level to ascertain if it's likely i'll be able to scale up to get to places i need to get to. One beef i've got is that alot of the time you end up hugging the walls until you spot/find/get lucky finding a place you can go up or through the wall to get to "the other side"/your destination. I'd say that the depths would just be better partially lit. I was using luminous clothing but the miners stuff is helping alot for glow. Stopping every few seconds to throw some seeds or arrow them makes the game more clunky. Less explorative and more trial and error. Namely get height and hope you can see something to aim for. 

I'd like to unlock all of it but i think it's going to take some time. I should probably collect a tonne of zonite and build stuff in the depths to speed the process up to avoid gloom or to artificially get height. 

When in combat Riju seems to disappear (not actually but is never around) and on the small screen is not easily distinguishable from the air blowing character. Small gripe. 

I'm going to concentrate on quests and stuff for now. Want to go to Ganon when i've exhausted everything else.
  • I do wish the spirits were different colours. Would make it much easier to find the one you accidentally activated. Also could do with more colour differentiation with the hero's path.

Found it really worth plugging a few hours into collecting enough zoanite for a decent battery. Really opens the game up and makes it muuuuuuuch easier to get around.
  • Battery is helpful granted, but the ability to build on demand with ultra hand is the key, just have to have enough resources.
  • I'm rinsing through fans atm
  • I'm rinsing through fans atm

Yes, fans/rockets/flame emitters are my current go to's but i suspect that over time it will change. 

I've not used almost 90% of the other things like the bomb things.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's an OnlyFans joke in here somewhere but I'm trying to keep on Hands' good side

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!