regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You're a bit ahead of me in towers but I'm a bit ahead in shrines. What a game!
  • Girlfriend reviews is great.
  • haha I sent that to my gf yesterday too. 

Did a couple of sidequests this morning. Dondons done, was my fourth newsreport so got a great reward! 

Take photos of everything! 

Also built a cart and horse for Zumi :) need to work out if i've got enough stamina to catch some of the other horses roaming. Quite alot of sidequests involve horses
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Can anyone help with the Gerudo city quest line? I have a specific question re the start of the quest once you reach gerudo city
    The Forum Herald™
  • sure fire away
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Put some clothes on, Bob
  • ironic that i've just got into some cave (not a shrine) and been stripped of all of my clothes
  • mk64 wrote:
    sure fire away

It’s ok the bit that confused me I’d already done before I found the town.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Underpants? :D 

found a few more shrines, i've unlocked the wayfinder thing so i can see where i have been and not been, still large areas unseen on all three maps. 

Did a cool little armour ball thing today out west, i think when i've charged my battery up i'll start clocking in some decent scores on that. One to come back to. 

The game keeps on giving. Almost all of my shields now have fused reminants of talus or some other monster. Rescued the horn player earlier :) was over complicating it as normal. 

Finding some koroks in interesting places, 
    Spoiler:
    The shrine detector is kinda helpful but as the game spans so vertically now and that entrance can be in a cave with rubble infront of it, it becomes a bit misleading.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Underpants? :D 

found a few more shrines, i've unlocked the wayfinder thing so i can see where i have been and not been, still large areas unseen on all three maps. 

Did a cool little armour ball thing today out west, i think when i've charged my battery up i'll start clocking in some decent scores on that. One to come back to. 

The game keeps on giving. Almost all of my shields now have fused reminants of talus or some other monster. Rescued the horn player earlier :) was over complicating it as normal. 

Finding some koroks in interesting places, 
    Spoiler:
    The shrine detector is kinda helpful but as the game spans so vertically now and that entrance can be in a cave with rubble infront of it, it becomes a bit misleading.

Give me a clue to the way finder thing ??
    The Forum Herald™
  • Gerudo mirror puzzle is an absolute classic example of absolutely shite game design that’s the opposite of what Nintendo are supposedly famed for
    The Forum Herald™
  • What was your issue with it? I did struggle at first not gonna lie but it was decent.
  • It starts with the shit poem clue to begin .. then the lack of visability / I start off following the beam of light and managed to walk right to the end of the game without seeing anything .. the storm clouds lift you for a view but the game never teaches you this it just assumes you’ll work it out. Then when you get to the second bit you can’t see the bit your supposed to interact with and if you do it in the wrong order (because you can actually see the other tower so logic says you’ll go to it ) there’s no feedback to tell you that your doing it right but in the wrong order

Who the fuck does a mirror puzzle
    Where you can’t see the mirror you’re turning ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • In good news though I’ve completed the lightening temple all by myself
    The Forum Herald™
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    That indeed is a shocker!
    Things can only get better.
  • I've just arrived, i've been in the valley of the silent something mucking around with shining things and things. And then got told to go back to kara bazar or whatever it's called. Not sure I can remember the way back :) 

About 10 in game hours ago my weapons were all mustard and i was invincible. Now i've got sticks and all my weapons are about 4-10. I could fuse some horns and stuff to beef them up a bit but they're still all pish. Having arrows and three aides are helping. 

Still trundling through sidequests. Got stuck on the giant horse one as i've not got enough stamina and even after some cooking i'm not there yet. So will focus on increasing stamina till i get that ticked off. Found zelda's golden horse though :) 

Found someone who needs gleeok guts, makes me nervous taking one of them on. I should be ok but still. 

Beat my first two constructs too, one underground and one in the sky. It's not too hard when you know how. 

Still need to find a tonne of armour, i've had a few X marks the spots turn up in my roaming so will seek them out after gerudo.
  • Did the queen boss thing ! Third time of asking! So time to mop up some shrines and look for some armour
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob is the best thing on the internet.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Definitely feels like there is some rubber banding on the difficulty. I'm doing a sidequest and up against enemies dealing much harder damage than had i done this earlier in the game, not certain but strongly suspect so.
  • I saw something on that. I think it's something like if you kill X amount of a creature then certain ones begin respawning as black and silver varities. It seems like every group of Bokoblins will have a silver one in there now.
  • exactly what has happened to me. Not against it but feels a little cheap, it's like an anti measure to me farming tonnes of apples from the orchard and making batches of simmering fruit
  • Twenty Thousand Hertz have just put out a ‘ ZELDA: A BEEP TO THE PAST’ episode…

Music is a quintessential part of the Zelda series. And some of Zelda’s most iconic melodies go all the way back to the original game, on the Nintendo Entertainment System. These tunes were born in an age of 8 bits, and 5 lo-fi channels of audio. But those limitations forced composer Koji Kondo to make them as distilled and powerful as possible. Featuring Thomas of Thomas Game Docs, and Kirk Hamilton of Strong Songs.

https://www.20k.org/episodes/zeldabeep

(Sounds like there’ll be a follow up too)
  • Is anyone else still playing this? Have you stopped after beating Ganon?

I’m doing a multitude of side quests at the moment. Stuck on one near rito village where it says look up at the beak and it will cast a shadow. Got there and see a white bird which will lead you to a cave or some shit. I’ve tried about twenty times to no avail.

Also need to take a photo of some ruins for a stable wall at sunrise and I must be doing something wrong as I’ve taken twenty photos and none of them are triggering the solution.

Currently hunting for a shrine in the depths of Goron city. Smashing wall after wall. It’s still satisfying now even if a little repetitive waiting for my sage to power up again.

Auto build is actually a massive game changer and has been helping me overcome some tricky quests with Green diamond things or koroks who need help finding their friends. I think I will head to the lost woods soon to try and and get the master sword.

Also figured out why I couldn’t take the giant horse. I was pressing the wrong button. Such a dickhead.
  • Haven't played it in weeks. No desire to pick it up again either which is surprising. I've had my fill. Never even did the desert temple or anything around there let alone finish the game.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Finished it off the other week, 140 odd shrines complete, too many side quests done and lots of Koroks helped.

Absolutely loved it, think it’s my favourite game. So much content, with lots of polish.

I will return to it again at some point to complete several quests and mess around more with the game’s systems. So many death machines needing to be built and tested.
    Things can only get better.
  • I need two to three clear hours of free time for the final boss run (and resource gathering / cooking beforehand). As soon as I can find that time, I'm done with it for good. Haven't played it for a few weeks now.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I haven't even done a dungeon. Not going back. Cannae be fucked.
  • I'm completely done - all shrines, depths fully explored, all caves, all armour (not fully upgraded), final boss beaten - drew the line at the stable picture quests and the koroks.

It's a fun game, but the depths are shite and the last 50 hours is a bit of a drag. Breath of the Wild left me wanting more, but I was very done with this when I put it down.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!