Zelda
  • I'll need to check properly but i'd hazard i'm at about 150hrs. I'm loving it all. If i'm in the depths and i cant' find shit (lightroots) or get overwhealmed by hordes then i just fast travel out. Come back when i'm stronger. 

For rupees do sidequests, almost all of them give you money in some shape or form or something you can do to sell to get money. The hudson signs caper is good for money. Otherwise sell the odd gem, although based on botw i am holding on to those till i get to the sand area. 

Not sure if i mentioned but i fed a dog prime meat (4/5) the other day like in botw and it took me to a cave i would never have ever found without it (assuming it's there all along and that the dog doesn't "open" it? Nice little finds. One after was just a chest but still, worth doing along with the wells at each one. 

I'm too distracted by side quests throughout. I should proceed with the main story but i just want to help all the characters out. I love the battles/wars you fight along side the group of companions. Appreciated that they weren't cryptically hidden either, just activate and head there on the map for the skirmish. 

Robbie is telling me i can update my purah slate to give me the ability to sense shrines but when i go to his house it says he's at looking landing, is there another lab somewhere? 

I wouldn't know what people do in this game if they don't go to Goron first. Presumably rinse through swords.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    I wouldn't know what people do in this game if they don't go to Goron first. Presumably rinse through swords.

I did Rito first (and assumed most people had).  It was fine. Most rock formations of any size seem to contain the necessary rocks and weapons to make the hammers needed to keep smashing through them, and similarly every battle generally gave as many weapons at the end as I used to win them.
    Spoiler:
    As for Robbie...
    Spoiler:
  • I think i need the old lab? I'm in Hateno. 
    Spoiler:
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I think you need to go back to Lookout Landing to speak to him to get him to move on.
    Things can only get better.
  • mk64 wrote:
    I think i need the old lab? I'm in Hateno. 
    Spoiler:

From memory there are only 3 places he goes.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Yes it seems I need the depths first
  • Oh my this game.

I've not had much time to get into it with work and the Ashes but today I had a few hours and I'm still on the first main quest about investigation of the four areas.

I'm doing an ascent up Death Mountain (not spoilering that since the location is visible from the start and it's in every Zelda).

I'll spoiler this but though because it's cool
    Spoiler:

Like, who comes up with this!?

TOTK is Zelda, with Mario Galaxy tier creativity on steroids.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I did that bit last night funnily enough.

Great stuff.
  • Did Zora's domain last night so three down. Found the water temple much much earsier than the goron temple. The floaty mechanics was an odd design choice though and doesn't really do anything in that area so wonder why they did it. Clever they introduce chuchu as an alternative to splash fruit. 

Going to go back to some more sidequests. I know there is tonnes of armour in this game and i'm not really coming across much of it. I've got some decent stuff but when i know how much is out there i'm thinking where is it all? :D 

i do know there will be more in the desert which i've not been to yet.
  • Defeated the wind temple boss.

Which temple is best to head to next? 10 hearts and two rings of stamina
    The Forum Herald™
  • They're all pretty easy. In terms of the usefulness of the companions you get, would say it's wind guy first, rock man, desert lady then Zora guy.
  • Do i need heat resistance for rock guy and if so what’s the best method
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Do i need heat resistance for rock guy and if so what’s the best method

Easiest way is to…
    Spoiler:
    I was very lucky in that I stumbled upon…
    Spoiler:
    Alternatively there are loads of recipes you can make to keep cool, at least until you get to…
    Spoiler:
  • I got one piece of the heat resistant armour which is all that's needed. Can be bought from the shop for not too much when you get the mission.
  • The game is too easy to even bother with any of the elemental resist armour. Just make a couple of dishes for hot and cold climates and you're golden. It's a really boring solution, but I find most of the hot/cold areas pretty uninteresting and the armour is shite looking anyway. This game is still an enigma - I still think my play time is made up of mostly tedious shite but here and there I get some little nuggets of joy. Not enough to waste an evening on though.
  • monkey wrote:
    I got one piece of the heat resistant armour which is all that's needed. Can be bought from the shop for not too much when you get the mission.

I've come across a very compelling reason to get the heat resistant armour, but I'm saving that for after I have done a lot of armour and heart upgrades.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I wonder if you can fuse a cucoo to a sword.

Ultimate weapon, probably.
  • So I made it in to Gerudo.. and bought a piece of amour to deal with teh temp.

The combat still really sucks. There's a gang of three dudes and even with flurry I'm barely denting their health bars.. meanwhile they're knocking off 4 to 5 hearts per hit..  it feels really unfair when they rush you altogether too as even with a shield up you're still getting hit ? I've avoided most of it and will continue to do so.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Arrows

By the time you have a few sages with you they can do all the work for you 

Did a tonne of sidequests yesterday :) another pirate ship which was fun. And went delving back into the whirl pool in zora's domain. I feel like i'm pretty OP right now. 

Beat a Hinox, Talus and Moldulga very easily.
  • I'd fired in a couple of bomb arrows to soften them up
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm really enjoying making my way through the fire temple. 

Feels a lot more dungeon-y.
  • Bob wrote:
    I'd fired in a couple of bomb arrows to soften them up

They're weak to something, not bomb arrows though.
  • ELECTRIC?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I keep getting shocked by electric chuchu's 

There is an element of farming apples, making simmering fruit and having a full set of meals for back up. It takes all fear away from going into battle which i'm not sure is a good thing. 

I've never really made good use of any elixirs either other than the one which gives you extra stamina. Do you guys use them much? 

Got some decent blades at the moment 20-30 which are great for larger enenemies. Fused a Lynel horn to something and it gave me a great weapon boost.
  • I've got rubber pants.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well you are getting on a bit, nowt to be embarrassed about
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Attaching those Muddle plants to an arrow and letting the mobs fight amongst themselves, is my preferred method of clearing them out.
  • Yeah that didn’t really help either
    The Forum Herald™
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Took down one of the three headed dragons last night, epic fight, but yeah combat in this isn’t great. Spent most of the time hiding.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!