Zelda
  • Interesting.

I’ve played the entire depths basically by using shrine locations above and heading in that direction until I could get to the light root. I basically run entirely in the dark and if I run into a wall I can’t go over I’ll run sideways along till I see a light root and beeline. I’ve not fucked around with a single Poe or brightshroon. Actually quite pleased with myself.

I love how I keep finding new quests even now two hundred hours in.

Does anyone use horses? Aren’t they redundant now we have auto build?

I’ve tonnes to do in the sky I’ve not done yet. I’ve not even done anything with the dragons yet either.

Using the hero’s path a lot now to try to find caves in areas I’ve not been to yet.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The game is sensational
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • You explored the depths by running around in the dark???

The mind boggles.
  • The Switch went back in the cupboard at the end of June.  I only had busywork left.  There's no endgame to play once Gannon is done.  I expected it this time around so made sure I did everything I wanted to before finishing it off.
  • You explored the depths by running around in the dark???

The mind boggles.

I think most people are using bloom seeds and torches and glowing rods. I’m not.

Great session on the plane today. Got the master sword. A dragon tear. Found four shrines and two caves.

• mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I ended up with 500+ bloom seeds and I was using them quite liberally, not sure why you’d need to limit your vision in that way down there.

Although challenge runs where you limit what tools/abilities you use could be fun. Watched a no weapons run, looked painful to do in parts.
    Things can only get better.
  • Watching a video and the guy uses the power glove to lift a rock then uses rewind to make it go back up again then uses ascension to go up through the rock and then go up again to the cliff above but every time I try the rock falls and crushes me before I can switch powers … am I
    Missing something?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yes.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Managed to get myself some new gear, got the eletricity helmet thing from Yiga which was fun. Got a glide mask too and i think if i'd stayed there to beat my time possible some more glide armour? 

Looking forward to maxing out all my gear like i did in botw. I used to prefer the old liminosity armour but it's useful in the depths. 

Does anyone have a favourite area of the map? General or specific?
  • Bob wrote:
    Watching a video and the guy uses the power glove to lift a rock then uses rewind to make it go back up again then uses ascension to go up through the rock and then go up again to the cliff above but every time I try the rock falls and crushes me before I can switch powers … am I
    Missing something?

Just use one of those floating zonai platforms and attach it to an arrow and fire it where you wanna go.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Managed to get myself some new gear, got the eletricity helmet thing from Yiga which was fun. Got a glide mask too and i think if i'd stayed there to beat my time possible some more glide armour? 

Looking forward to maxing out all my gear like i did in botw. I used to prefer the old liminosity armour but it's useful in the depths. 

Does anyone have a favourite area of the map? General or specific?

The tropical region down south is my fave and the whole Faron region.
  • Bob wrote:
    Watching a video and the guy uses the power glove to lift a rock then uses rewind to make it go back up again then uses ascension to go up through the rock and then go up again to the cliff above but every time I try the rock falls and crushes me before I can switch powers … am I
    Missing something?

Just use one of those floating zonai platforms and attach it to an arrow and fire it where you wanna go.

Yeah that’s what I did but I feel
    Like I’m missing a technique
    The Forum Herald™
  • 366813717_10231650196457029_607780484364147985_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dd63ad&_nc_ohc=WIkTM6wwiKoAX9x6AnN&_nc_ht=scontent.fiom2-1.fna&oh=00_AfB0XJvX3wGkEg9W9Hi857Rv4UMOFSIphFUI9bYlbzsnpw&oe=64DA85BE

So I did a thing and get a new set of armour.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm now one shrine away from having enough thingy ma jigs to get a third full stamina wheel.

Completed the water works and made my way to the Water temple. Got immediately killed by one of those robots and decided to give it up for the night.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Auto build thing is useful when in the depths. Hot air balloon then sail to the next light root. Started throwing those seed things too. I had 700 to start with. I see their use now more.

The game is absolutely immense. Finished my final battle with the yiga master.

I think there should be a better mechanism for good and cooking still but it’s a small chore overall.

Overtime I’ve started using the emitters and stuff more.

Loads more game to play I think
  • Finished the water temple and the boss

Started exploring the depths

Overall it feels
    A bit rushed and lacks polish
    The Forum Herald™
  • started playing around the sky a bit more. Much more helpful when you've got autobuild. Trying to get to some tricky places in unconventional ways.
  • what is everyones favourite enemy in the game? I love fighting Hinox. I think they're a great loking character with cool movesets. 

On the flip side i'm not so keen on the talus's apart from the one with the roof on top.
  • I've avoided combat where ever possible apart from boss battles.

I still think it sucks.

I've got all three rings of stamina now and 12 hearts..

I'm enjoying the reporter side quests at the stables.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I have seven hearts so far. Still avoiding combat most of the time. I barely have any weapons most of the time and I’m getting killed with one hit by many of the monsters. So I’m just avoiding every combat and treating it as a giant exploration game. Except I can’t be bothered to do much building with the Zonai contraptions. Fairly sure this isn’t how Nintendo intended me to play it but I’m enjoying it nonetheless. It’s a big game tho. Feels overwhelming at times versus BotW.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • See the set of armour in my pic? It’s fairly easy to get with out too much trouble and stops a lot of one shot kills
    The Forum Herald™
  • How do I get the armour Bob? I think we've still only got 4 hearts. Should get back to this really.
  • https://gamerant.com/legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-tloz-totk-best-armor-most-powerful-clothing-strongest-outfits-how-to-get/

Phantom armour is the set it’s plus 8 for each piece. This link has instructions but i basically watched a YouTube video for each piece . About 20 minutes work all in.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think you've missed the point of the game a bit
  • Nah, a game like this can be approached in more ways than most. The point is to enjoy yourself while playing (Snarf Snarf).
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Watching YouTube videos to get gear is definitely not how it's intended to be played. Sure, you can do whatever you want, but chucking exploration and discovery in the bin is missing the point completely.

It's like going to a Michelin star restaurant and slathering ketchup all over your meal. If that's how you want to eat it fair enough, but you've had a mare
  • A bit of cheating on this is fine. It's probably the least respectful game for a players time I've ever played.
  • Bob's put 100hrs in and dislikes the combat. He probably just wanted to stop getting merked by moblins so he can enjoy mooching around a bit more. It's not too far removed from games that offer menu sliders for 120% health or whatever.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!