myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, I had to go back to get the item, it was the only floor I didn't complete. I always try to get everything on a floor, but I had been switching between some of the earlier floors so often that I just wanted to get to the end. Never did that again. I forgot what Persona I used, so can't help with that.

I think I'm ready for what I guess will be the last dungeon. Finished all the quests I could do, got new weapons and armour (are the weapons from the Shiroko store actually useful? They always seem to have lower stats than mine), not sure what I'll need for accessories so left that for now. Spend my money on some super hero clothes instead. I have no idea what they look like, costs almost 100.000 but that gives you a set for the whole team. Let's do this in style!
  • Nina wrote:
    Yeah, I had to go back to get the item, it was the only floor I didn't complete. I always try to get everything on a floor, but I had been switching between some of the earlier floors so often that I just wanted to get to the end. Never did that again. I forgot what Persona I used, so can't help with that.

I think I'm ready for what I guess will be the last dungeon. Finished all the quests I could do, got new weapons and armour (are the weapons from the Shiroko store actually useful? They always seem to have lower stats than mine), not sure what I'll need for accessories so left that for now. Spend my money on some super hero clothes instead. I have no idea what they look like, costs almost 100.000 but that gives you a set for the whole team. Let's do this in style!

Shiroko can offer some pretty powerful weapons depending on what mats you've collected and sold, but generally dungeon pickups and rewards are stronger.

Well done on the fashion statement (Bruce Li Chie outfit man, myself) and enjoy the dungeon you're on now.
  • Void boss is kicking my arse. The shell is piss. Then he does 2 or 3 attacks and wipes out all but my main character. I spend my turn reviving everyone and then he kills me off. 

Any tips please?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, for that boss it's super important to stay on top of status ailments - he can be a dick and also a mega damage sponge. Play safe until he is vulnerable then do all you can in that short time.
    This was Cinty's tip for that boss for me.
    Did him second time, had a Me Patra skill card so that was useful. Had Yukiko healing almost every round, but that's because I used a lot of physical attack as well, seemed to get the most crits with those.
    That was how I did it. Mind that I think I'm a bit on the higher side of recommended levels usually, don't know where or why that happened, have only grinded in the beginning as Cinty recommended at the time.

First time I got fear close to the end of the fight, and was knocked out by a spell that insta-kills characters with fear. So be very careful of status ailments.

I'm in the last (?) dungeon now, maybe halfway through, I don't know yet. Had to redo a bit again. My team is looking absolutely smashing in their feather hero suits (or whatever they call themselves. One of my members was using a bat-shaped weapon at the start of the dungeon, made it even better). It doesn't seem to be too hard so far, but my main team is now all above lvl 80 I think. Does it do anything special if you can level up a character / Persona to the max? If there is a max. level. Main character is slowly going towards the 90, don't think I feel like going to see if 99 or 100 is the last level.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Void boss is kicking my arse. The shell is piss. Then he does 2 or 3 attacks and wipes out all but my main character. I spend my turn reviving everyone and then he kills me off.  Any tips please?

Some attacks you should be able to mitigate against by equipping your self correctly (been a long time since I last played the game, but he does some kind of elemental attack, so you can at least nullify those).

Many of the bosses after the bath house are a fuck.

At that stage in the game I had a weird system going where Yukiko was the designated healer, and either Chie or Biker boy play hatchet lady/man. On certain turns, I'd use the main character, or summat, to power up Chie for extra damage. Far more effective than just chipping away.

Also, some physical attacks almost invariably knocked him down for a pile on opportunity... Wish I can remember which ones.

Furthermore, the bosses telegraph the big attacks in typical JRPG fashion... I always use that as the signal for a round of defence boosts, either some or all of the team.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yeah got him down to half health then he did another shell and it was levelled up or something and destroyed me.

I'm not doing a lot of damage. After knocking him down I only do paltry damage from an all-in attack.  It's a good challenge, game has been pretty easy so far, enjoying it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Yeah got him down to half health then he did another shell and it was levelled up or something and destroyed me. I'm not doing a lot of damage. After knocking him down I only do paltry damage from an all-in attack.  It's a good challenge, game has been pretty easy so far, enjoying it.

Come to think of it, he's definitely weak to something... Either ice or electricity.
    But I do remember there being a consistent weakness to exploit.
  • Nah, he doesn't have elemental weaknesses. Tried it all. And he can use any elemental magic. He sticks to one and channels which one it is by giving himself resistance to it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    There is definitely a consistent knockdown trick though.
    Must be based on physical attacks.
  • I don't remember any of this, which probably means I could play it again at some point.
  • There is definitely a consistent knockdown trick though. Must be based on physical attacks.

Aye, that is probably the way to go. Managed decent damage with power up and almighty attack, but that takes two turns. Will try buffing critical attack. 

Problem with knockdown is that I still don't do much damage with my all-in attack. So doesn't seem much point to it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Problem with knockdown is that I still don't do much damage with my all-in attack. So doesn't seem much point to it.

It's true, but resource wise, it's free damage. You need to save the magic for healing, and the hp for powered up physical attacks.

I've still got unfinished business with this game.

I missed a huge chunk of the story on my first playthrough, and only really realised how big that was, until long after doing so.

I probably missed a further 20 hours of play...

Wonder if the new game has a similar scheme wedged in there?
  • How Long To Beat suggests yes. (Big difference between doing just normal story playthrough and completionist.)
  • There is definitely a consistent knockdown trick though.
    Must be based on physical attacks.
    Spoiler:

I'm sure you know most of this, but that's roughly how I remember doing it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    There is definitely a consistent knockdown trick though. Must be based on physical attacks.
    Spoiler:
    I'm sure you know most of this, but that's roughly how I remember doing it.

Ahh...

Spoiler:
  • Yar, Chie especially. Best physical damage in the game by some margin.
  • Oh, yeah - and in baby form, don't use all out attacks. You can all out attack when you first break the shell but, after that, use the time to use spells or physical attacks. Get Kanji, if you have him, to use a physical skill while (like cruel attack) knocked down instead.

Also, buff your attack and debuff his defense.
  • Thanks for tips, I should have him next time. I'm level 35 or so, not sure if I'm underpowered.
  • Hmm, grinding isn't usually necessary but 35 does seem a little underpowered. Have you gone back to the previous dungeons for a revisit before?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ugh, suggested last boss got me last night (you never know what a jrpg can come up with in the end game, noticed the suggested extra 20h if you do it right couple of posts before). Seems I need to redo a bit, and rethink my strategy. Not sure what kinda persona to go for here.
  • If it's the fight I'm thinking of, I love it.

Also, when it's done I wanna ask a couple of questions but I don't wanna spoil anything just by asking - I shall have a think.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • I've revisited one dungeon before and got thwacked by a Death-in-a-box. Keep meaning to go back to others too but get distracted by spending time with girls, innit.
  • Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I've revisited one dungeon before and got thwacked by a Death-in-a-box. Keep meaning to go back to others too but get distracted by spending time with girls, innit.

My man.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @cinty, got Yukiko as my 4th member, mainly for healing purposes. Can't switch out characters now, all the others are a bit behind in level. Need to switch my main's persona to something more supporting like you suggested, that might do the trick. And double check my equipped items.

I should be able to fuse a couple social link level 10 persona, might look those up and see what I can make. Plus check my skill cards for support spells, haven't used them much at all so far.
  • Dang Nina you're really making me want to go back. Maybe I just need to suck it up and grind through the earlier dungeons as I'm obviously too low for the current one.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You should. Are you doing the quests? I've usually done the dungeons first time, clearing all floors, second time clearing all floors and collecting quest items, going for the last boss. Sometimes I had to jump in a third time if new quests opened up, but then I just got to the floor where I needed to be as quickly as possible. Didn't feel as a grind to me.

Project I'm working up seems to be getting a bit busier all of a sudden, so not sure if I have time to go back to this soon. It's putting me in a proper bad mood. Did sort out a couple of Persona's yesterday, think I got most of the support moves covered. It's a pretty good looking team as well.
  • Fight Mitsuo for over half an hour last night, got him down to 1/3 health and then he became even stronger and thwacked me hard. Can't beat him. I think I'm underpowered. My fault for not listening to my team and occasionally revisiting TV world for 'training'. 

Anyway. Didn't take much grinding. Returned to previous floor and immediately ran into a bunch of 3 rare Hands. Easy win for mahoosive XP and Moolah! So I can now create Black Frost which I hear is good. No doubt you guys have mentioned it in a spoiler tag somewhere. Had to do some trial and error to find how to fuse Jack Frost first, I didn't have him.

S.Link was 'only' lv7 so no Agidyne. That would help? Don't think I have it in me to grind lots and get the 20k XP needed to learn it. :(
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm not sure which Persona's I've used, I've used a lot of SP using attacks, and Yukiko healing each round for the bosses. Realized only at the end how stupid I was to let Chie forget Power charge. You can always try and look for more Hands if you don't wanna grind the normal shadows. Think that dungeon is quite generous with them, like you already found out. 

And I lasted about a day without re-trying the boss that got me last time. All I have to say is "WooHoo!". Saved immediately after (earliest the game let's you) so have no idea what's left for me. 

[spolier]I do know it's Christmas eve now, that scene started playing after saving, can't wait to see what they've made of that. Can't be anything else than loads of fun with my girl or my pals

Last boss wasn't too hard once I've figured out the fog timing. Had MC do a lot of defense up spells (with Siegfried, think he reflected some physical attacks as well, which was useful), Chie doing a God's Hand (not power charged), Naoto shooting (did as much damage as her other attacks, she was very useful in the dungeon with light and darkness attacks though) and Yukiko healing when needed, otherwise send a bit of fire to the eyeball. Defense up and Guard when the fog came and it wasn't too hard. Only one homonoculus was used.[/spoiler]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!