myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ugh, learned the hard way that in some cases it might be better to actually status ailments. I didn't really do that, as it would reset after 3 turns anyway.

Got a hard time in the void dungeon:
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah, for that boss it's super important to stay on top of status ailments - he can be a dick and also a mega damage sponge. Play safe until he is vulnerable then do all you can in that short time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Did him second time, had a Me Patra skill card so that was useful. Had Yukiko healing almost every round, but that's because I used a lot of physical attack as well, seemed to get the most crits with those.
    Got just a bit tired of being in the tv for so long that that first lost was a bit of a painful one. I redid the Rise dungeon and went straight on the next one on the same day, just paying the fox. Still don't have all the items I need for some of the quests.

Question about, I think, the 3rd or 4rd quest:
    Spoiler:

Also start to realize that it's no use to level up Persona's to get all the skills they can learn. All my Persona's are way below my level (10 or more) and I think that's the reason I'm not dealing out as much damage as I should. Gonna fuse even more, and keep an eye out on the Social Links I wanna grow, plus getting a broad range of strengths. It's a really interesting system, I can see people spending a lot of time with this.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah you're kind of meant to make new personae pretty much each dungeon. The S. Link boost being a nice bonus. I wouldn't say it's too much of a cheat to read a fusion guide. There's a goodun on Gamefaqs.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, it stared to click when I noticed Yukiko's medium fire was doing double the damage than when I did the same. Now she does have fire boost etc. but it still felt like a too big a difference.

I might look up one of those guides, but I do kinda like to just playing around with them.
  • Nina wrote:
    Question about, I think, the 3rd or 4rd quest:
    Spoiler:

You might want to try talking to Yosuke while inside the TV.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    At the entrance? Pretty sure I did that already a couple of times, is it a problem he's not on my team anymore? I encountered him sometimes on random floors as well and talked to him. I'll give it another go soon, but I need to leave the TV alone for a while now, spend so long in there last time. Plus, it's summer holiday so I need to be riding that scooter (need to double check courage though) and getting looks from the girls. No idea where Yumi went off to, guess she's on holiday with her mom or something as she hasn't called yet and we're almost a week into the holidays. And here was I thinking to spend crazy money that I earned in the TV on some nice swimming pants...
  • Speak to him back in the main area of the tv world, not at a dungeon. You know, the place you stand as soon as you enter the tv.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Seeing the excitement in the P5 thread makes me wish I had started this game earlier, would have been nice to jump in with everyone else. 

Still enjoying my time in Inaba, spoke with Yosuke in the tv, got my item and a couple of other for open quests, so got that all checked off before end of summer holidays. Had a good time with the group to end summer, school has started again and the first schooltrip is done. Crazy night out that, and good memories were made. Main story has picked up again, so will be preparing for a long session in the tv soon. 

65 hours in and not bored at all, this game still makes me smile just thinking about it and remembering all the little things we've done, it's really amazing. Can't wait to start my second play through in about a year or so, have now maxed 3 social links, but wanna see more of the stories. Should have focused a bit more on my team mates as well I think, completed S.links are Yumi, Daisuke / Kou and Marie.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    10 hours further and so much has happened!
    I'm looking up quest requirements more often now though, it just takes time talking to everyone to see if they have any clues / scan every area.
    Spoiler:

Yumi's my girl, and she shows up from time to time to hang out, I sometimes accept but will this actually benefit something? Apart from me feeling bad if I keep on ignoring her. At least with Marie (who's also at max.) I got to hang out with the others, which makes everyone a bit happier.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Back on this while staying at the GF's. Thought I'd find the combat not as good since playing 5, but it's still great and I prefer the optimistic sincere team to the moody troubled adolescents in 5.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Combat is easy enough to not bother me. I've done most dungeons two/three times so far, and might have been a bit overpowered for the last boss I did. Still died a couple times but that was mainly because of bad Persona usage.

I've got 6 people to choose from now and just did the dungeon after that.
    Spoiler:

Only got about 4 months left on the calendar in my bed room, and I just had a couple of important story bits happening. Will be sad when it will all end. Got 50% of the compendium filled, think most of the social links unlocked (missing two by going by the numbers on the cards), only need to level two social skills up with one more level, read loads of the books, can start fishing at the sea, need to drink coffee in the city and try and finish that special dish.
    Winter is coming, looking forward to what will happen during Christmas, New Years Eve, Valentine's Day and the cultural events that are in the calendar. Can't stop thinking about this game, 90 hours in and it still feels fresh, keeps on giving new things to do, while still being able to follow a daily schedule (catch bugs, read, jobs social links etc). Love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Save your game immediately after completing that dungeon. Probably the most important decision in the game occurs after which can lead to a premature ending.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I read about that, will keep as many separate save slots as possible. Thanks. I'm not ready for this game to end at all, so the longer I can extend, the better.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wait, it's not
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Nah it's a decision about someone's fate.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pfew, was slightly panicking there and I actually need to concentrate and try and get some work done... Not that crashing programs is helping with that.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ah, the game actually tells you important things are going to happen and strongly recommends you to save. Had to quit after saving though, looking forward to continue. Decided to take it easy this week with gym etc. and hoping to finish this one.

All social skills are at max, meaning I shouldn't be running into those annoying "you can't do this because you're understanding isn't good enough" messages. Think I also got all my social links unlocked, have number I to XX and Adachi, who is a 0 for some reason (don't think I spent time with him).

Just at the start of December, Christmas is coming!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Man, Adachi social link. Golden people are spoiled.
  • I'm still in Void. Missing a few Links.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I wanna play this again. Vanilla was incredible but Golden = an all time great.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It really is quite something. Can't stop thinking about it. So many emotional swings today... Loving every moment.

Would have never guessed (don't read this Elf)
    Spoiler:

How many times have you finished this now Cinty? Does it carry over social link progress / persona fusions / social skills? I'm pretty sure I'll replay this in a year time if I can check out the other social links / work on a 100% compendium. It's just too good.
  • Nina wrote:
    How many times have you finished this now Cinty? Does it carry over social link progress / persona fusions / social skills? I'm pretty sure I'll replay this in a year time if I can check out the other social links / work on a 100% compendium. It's just too good.

I completed vanilla 3 times, Golden 5 or 6 times.

Fusions, skills, money and equipment carry over, social links are reset. But your social progress will be much faster second time round and you'll be able to one-shot most dungeons due to access to high level personas, if you wish.

The spoilered part above was a real shocking moment for me when I finally twigged it, and indicative of the incredible quality of the game.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That spoilered bit is what makes me want to restart almost immediately after I'm done, trying to see what I've missed the first time around, and indeed shows just how good this game has been put together.

Shame about the social links in the restart, is it actually possible to do all in one playthrough? There's a trophy for it so I'm guessing it should be. 8 times minimum ehh, that's quite something!

Back to the game, just maxed Teddie's SL.
  • Nina wrote:
    That spoilered bit is what makes me want to restart almost immediately after I'm done, trying to see what I've missed the first time around, and indeed shows just how good this game has been put together.

Shame about the social links in the restart, is it actually possible to do all in one playthrough? There's a trophy for it so I'm guessing it should be. 8 times minimum ehh, that's quite something!

Back to the game, just maxed Teddie's SL.

Yes, you can max it first time but you'd have to follow a guide and take a lot of the joy out. So, don't worry about it - it just means there's more to see next time, no? Golden added a fair amount of content so replaying is an absolute joy.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm not worrying about getting them all maxed this time round. Discovered some way to late for that to be even possible. Just had the feeling my time management wasn't too bad, and I still have only half of them maxed. Had to study a lot of course this time, and I think they progress quicker if you have a Persona from their social link with you. It's an interesting mechanic.
    An just cruising through the game now and having fun.

And yes, there's a lot that I want to be doing when replaying.
  • Floor 7 of Void. I found stairs, but there's a door with a baddie behind it. Killed me. Worth trying again? What does it drop? I'm not too fussed about loot but don't wanna miss anything too good like a badass Persona.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Kill it. Took me a few times as well.

I'm redoing the last dungeon I completed. For quest items, the new boss and money, so I can prepare for what I think might be the last dungeon. Most of my team is now between level 75 - 82, hopefully that will be good enough for the next one. Feels pretty powerful at the moment.
  • Thanks for the tip. Did it easy enough when I went back. I assume if I hadn't done that bit, I'd have to come back to progress?

Anyway. Baby just annihilated me. 3 strong attacks in a row WTF
  • Gotta choose my team and my own persona wisely I suppose.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!