PERSONA 4 IS HERE (again)!
  • I'm no expert, I need to finish it myself one day.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Who yo bro's + broettes DS?

Make friends with that fucking fox.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yukko and Chie are bae. Yosuke is a dickhead. Teddie is <3
  • Yeah, Teddie is a great character. That voice.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yas persona 4 buuummpp. Chief is obviously the one but I reckon DS will lose it over
    Spoiler:
    . Also as bollo says, get in with the fucking fox

YIP
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Bunged it into my Vit this morning, gonna play it on the way home now. Like, NOW! Only ever played a few hours on the PS2, which I loved, so I'm looking forward to getting into it big time.

That was Feb '13. Got distracted twice, restarting both times, but I think I have what it takes to not get distracted or waylaid anymore. Currently further than I ever was and loving every minute. Just got the social link with Yukiko <3
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Bunged it into my Vit this morning, gonna play it on the way home now. Like, NOW! Only ever played a few hours on the PS2, which I loved, so I'm looking forward to getting into it big time.

That was Feb '13. Got distracted twice, restarting both times, but I think I have what it takes to not get distracted or waylaid anymore. Currently further than I ever was and loving every minute. Just got the social link with Yukiko <3

Good man. Such a great game. And I went for Yukiko first play-through, too.
  • I think I should restart this myself on easy. Still stuck in the one dungeon and the battles aren't fun enough to make me want to grind.
  • Chie on the other hand. Ayooooooooooo.
  • Chie's my favourite lad in the game.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    May buy a second hand PS3 for this.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Whoops...

Wrong game...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I think I should restart this myself on easy. Still stuck in the one dungeon and the battles aren't fun enough to make me want to grind.

Thinking about restarting the save I made before shit kicks OFF in the final quarter.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fatlus have a new rpg not Persona game announcement today.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Chie's my favourite lad in the game.

9264196376715866810b2ebf10f43f47fb371a9f?url=http%3A%2F%2F33.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_m44e1xhGJI1r190pdo6_r3_250.gif
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Chie's my favourite lad in the game.

9264196376715866810b2ebf10f43f47fb371a9f?url=http%3A%2F%2F33.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_m44e1xhGJI1r190pdo6_r3_250.gif

Now I face out
    I hold out
    I reach out to the truth, of my life
    Seeking to seize on the whole moment, yeah
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Dug this one out.
    [/spoiler] As for the final room:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler just in case, it's still early on, prepping for Yukiko's Castle
    Spoiler:
    God, can't remember being a student was this hard. But that gif up there is what makes this game so good.
  • Nina wrote:
    Dug this one out.
    As for the final room:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler just in case, it's still early on, prepping for Yukiko's Castle
    Spoiler:
    God, can't remember being a student was this hard. But that gif up there is what makes this game so good.

Unfortunately, this boss is one of the hardest in the games with regards level. Grinding this early kinda sucks, but make it your number one priority - you'll be fine after this, and will probably not need to grind again, you just got to get past this one bump.

You probably want to be around level
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nah, grinding now is fine, gives me some time to fuse a couple of different persona's and get to know the system, have a bit of a cash reserve (there were a couple of books at a store I couldn't buy) and stock up on items. It goes fairly quick when just jumping in and out of the castle to restock the treasure chests and grab all the extra exp. cards I can at the end of a battle.
  • I don't remember it that well, but I can't recall grinding all that much at this point, or there being a major difficulty spike. I reckon it's probably worth going into each new dungeon about 3 times to get to the necessary level. (I was playing on the normal difficulty.)
  • JonB wrote:
    I don't remember it that well, but I can't recall grinding all that much at this point, or there being a major difficulty spike. I reckon it's probably worth going into each new dungeon about 3 times to get to the necessary level. (I was playing on the normal difficulty.)

Aye, some get through fine. But I've seen a good number of people get stuck there (more than at any other part), so I think it's worth a heads up.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    First time I played it I got wombo combod at that spike. Second time was a charm. Third time was an easy mode. Cya.
  • I got through ok, maybe it helps that I've played a few JRPGs before and the tactics to use on that boss are similar to other hard bosses in JRPGs. I mean it wasn't a walkover but it's doable on say second try after you check the boss out in first try and get owned.
  • I did this recently.  Initially, my character was L9 and the others were 8 and 7 or something like that.  I got stomped.

Level 15 seemed to be general consensus as a sensible level so I decided to level up.  I found you can abuse the stairs and the floors change each time - at least when you go back up.  So I did lots of sneak attacks, or legging it back down a floor if that failed.  Went back to floor 1 and worked my way back up.  Interesting to see the size of the shadows changed to show their relative strength.  As I levelled up they got smaller.

I used a few go-homes to save as I didn't want to lose my progress if I got wiped.  However, I did get wiped later on and I simply re-started from the floor, not the save.  Assuming this is indefinite, this makes it very easy as you only lose progress for the floor - which generally isn't a lot.  Nice for a jrpg to not repeatedly kick you in the balls.

Once I got to Level 13, I just farmed the chests as I needed the -soul items to replenish my SP, which was empty for everyone.

In the end, I think my main char was 14 for that fight, and I completed the dungeon on the first day.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh shit, you're post made me realise that there's more than 1 floor, I just assumed it was the one floor.. That's for next time, got them up to level 12 today, got Archangel en Valkyrie, en some Fool that has a STR in fire, but doesn't seem to have useful attacks right now, it's a lvl 14 so suppose it's strong.

I haven't actually tried to do the boss, just keep on grinding for a bit, some extra cash early on is never a bad thing either. Between all that I managed to get a job as well.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I want to recommend people to make sure they max the Tower S. link but I can't remember exactly why. I think one of the late game Tower personae is quite OP.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    My phone keeps on giving dense fog warnings since moving. Gives me the creeps just a little bit.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just entered Kanji's dungeon. This game just keeps on getting better doesn't it?
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    However, I did get wiped later on and I simply re-started from the floor, not the save.  Assuming this is indefinite, this makes it very easy as you only lose progress for the floor - which generally isn't a lot.
    Urgh, got killed on the same floor I killed one of those golden hands, 1500 exp lost for that fight alone. Should have listened to Teddie, he mentioned not to open the chest at least 3 times, but I still had a peek.

Trying do to the Yumi, Marie and Fox social links as much as I can, all 3 good characters. Have read all about fishing, but not sure if I should have bothered, annoys me that you proceed to the next part of the day when you're finished. Prioritizing social links and studies for now, am neglecting my job and that tasty sounding noodle house or whatever it is. Everytime I want to go there I have run out of cash.

Will the quests disappear if you don't finish them within a specific timeframe? Got a couple open atm, but not sure if I can finish them all right now.
    Spoiler:
  • Nah just come back later.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!