PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    PRO TIP-

You cant 100% this game in one playthrough. Don't try.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Didn't expect that, too many social links going on, and I don't think you'd be able to get all your skills up. So progress will carry over into a new game? I'm really enjoying getting to know all the kids and even wait for the voice acting to finish before going to the next text bit. 

@Elf, thanks, I'll just see what comes by then, seems the game is usually fairly obvious with pointing out who to talk to anyway, I'll have to see if the same is for missing items. For some reason I keep on thinking that things will be strictly time capped/one chance events, but so far it hasn't been like that all. 

Absolutely loving this, and B mentioned we might get a PS4 at some point (he wants to play Horizon, quit Guerrilla before the game was finished so it's all new to him) which made me very happy as that might mean I can jump on 5 later in the year.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    NG+ is where you go back and boss it and get all social ranks and love everyone.

Play it on easy too for the fun of just being with your pals
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    4 is a top 5 all time game btw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Going on normal for now, can't switch anymore but had a good time in the first dungeon thanks to Cinty's tips, don't mind spending some extra time in there for now, but NG+ will be an easy ride for sure.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me and cinty both did normal for first run but then went down to easy for second. Seems a fair way to do it - you've already proven yourself!
  • We were talking about levels earlier. I'm in dungeon after Kanji's and am level 20, not doing too bad so far. If enemy does attack-up spell, they manage to one-shot me though. Need better armour but it's all so expensive.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Heh, I was level 20 in Kanji's dungeon, before getting killed by the monster-in-the-chest-that-I-really-shouldn't-have-opened. Couldn't take 3500 damage to all party members.
    So I should be doing well then in this dungeon, guess I need to pay the fox crazy money for healing and then try and get to the end of it.
  • No don't pay the fox. Use a Goho to exit dungeon and come back next day and continue from same floor. Unless you've left it really late and fog is about to come.
  • Once you've levelled up the fox it's pretty cheap.
  • The fox isn't a hot girl (OR IS IT??), I have no intention of spending time with it. I am strangely drawn to Yumi.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    No don't pay the fox. Use a Goho to exit dungeon and come back next day and continue from same floor. Unless you've left it really late and fog is about to come.

The Fox is one of the best social links and getting a big enough discount will actually give you more time to do other social links (with hot girls) as you'll be able to clear dungeons in fewer days.

Think McFly, think!
    regmcfly wrote:
    Me and cinty both did normal for first run but then went down to easy for second. Seems a fair way to do it - you've already proven yourself!

Yup. Did normal and switch down for both Vanilla and Golden. That said, I'd generally recommend people to start first time on easy now because, although it is mechanically fun, social links and plot is where it's at.
    regmcfly wrote:
    4 is a top 5 all time game btw

For sure.
    Nina wrote:
    Have read all about fishing, but not sure if I should have bothered, annoys me that you proceed to the next part of the day when you're finished.

It's worth noting...
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    But I like to
    Spoiler:

Being able to stay in the dungeon for just one day was my main reason to actually give money to the fox (which is almost all the money I have right now). Need to see if any of the girls are available for some fun stuff, can't be hiding in the tv for too long! It might even be a sunny day!
  • Nina wrote:
    But I like to
    Spoiler:

Being able to stay in the dungeon for just one day was my main reason to actually give money to the fox (which is almost all the money I have right now). Need to see if any of the girls are available for some fun stuff, can't be hiding in the tv for too long! It might even be a sunny day!

Actually, yeah, couch chilling is legit - sorry, I tend to forget that you need those character stat bonuses on the first playthrough. As you were.
  • Ah, thanks for tip Cinty.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    When you get the option to kill Yosuke, take it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Had my first go at
    Spoiler:
    and I guess I need to work a bit on the Persona's I use. Having a quick look at the online guides and seems I just forgot the one that is most useful for this fight, and I'm not sure if I stored it. Need to have a look, I do know I'm on a day where there's no extra's in the fusion forecast, neither is tomorrow. That's a bit disappointing. Should spend more time paying attention to the Persona's and what social links they belong to. Only just figured out that some moves (like counter) will be triggered if you have the Persona equipped, same goes for the regenerate skills I think. Quite clever that.
    Spoiler:

Game keeps on throwing fun stuff at you, scene at the schoolcamp was quite good, not sure what happened there. My team's Chie for the kicks, Kanji for the punches and Yukiko for keeping everyone alive, love all three of them. I'm just showing off with a big sword and Persona's that belong in a horror show.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That is the canonical Best Team.
  • Nothing wrong with a big sword
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    HOLY SHIT ITS LESS THAN ONE MONTH UNTIL WE HAVE TO PICK BEST GIRL AGAIN
  • Ffs stop it, I was holding myself together
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    THERE'S A THREAD FOR THIS
  • Btw @Bollockoff, if you spoil P5, I will genuinely never forgive you.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Have you been distracted again Elf or are your trophies just not updating? 

So much has happened, this game keeps on getting better after Rise's dungeon
    Spoiler:
  • A mixture. Haven't played consistently for a while. And also I only play on commute so no internet = Vita trophies not synced with PSN. Also also you're probably ahead of me now and I haven't actually got many trophies. Was only thinking this morning that I could play Zelda on commute, but I should really just stick with P4G and in fact should probably play that more at home too.
  • Wait just read your second sentence. You're definitely ahead of me! I'm on 9th floor but doing some social stuff in between too. Almost maxed out Yumi link. I have Yukiko's affection though, YESSSSSSS
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok, good you are still playing. Noticed you in the trophy update list when I started.

Yeah, stick with this for your commute, you've started it often enough! It's such a great game. Just finished my exams and summer holiday will start soon. I'm not sure what I'll need to do with all that extra time! I don't even have Yumi's number to call her if I want to, I'm not liking this relationship so far, only being able to hang out when she wants to.
  • A small part of me hopes for a switch port. Perfect form for the game.
  • This Rise-dungeon boss seems tough. Shame I had to get off train and walk home. Wanted to see how I fare.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!