PERSONA 4 IS HERE (again)!
  • Nice one!

I have a question now, though...
    Spoiler:
  • Nina wrote:
    I'm not sure which Persona's I've used, I've used a lot of SP using attacks, and Yukiko healing each round for the bosses. Realized only at the end how stupid I was to let Chie forget Power charge. You can always try and look for more Hands if you don't wanna grind the normal shadows. Think that dungeon is quite generous with them, like you already found out. 

And I lasted about a day without re-trying the boss that got me last time. All I have to say is "WooHoo!". Saved immediately after (earliest the game let's you) so have no idea what's left for me. 
    Spoiler:

Quoted for page turn.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yes.
    Spoiler:
  • Nina wrote:
    Yes.
    Spoiler:

There's a few things you need to be on the lookout for...I'll try to explain without specific spoilers.
    Spoiler:
  • Man...I think I'm gonna play this again. Better charge the Vita.
  • I just find the combat to be a little grindy but that's just my game preference. I think I hit it pretty hard early on so may have wore myself out. I think I should be right to go again and I'll just churn through the early dungeons for those quests
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Man...I think I'm gonna play this again. Better charge the Vita.

That says much about the new game...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Seriously though, wtf do you find the time!!?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Man...I think I'm gonna play this again. Better charge the Vita.

That says much about the new game...

Haha. I'm already a good chuck through a second run through of 5, so it's not like it's lacking. It's just P4G, you know...
    Seriously though, wtf do you find the time!!?

Yeah, I know it seems like I have loads of time but it's more about what I don't do.

I go to class, I work part-time.
    I have homework and tests every week.

But I'm only listening to music or podcasts when commuting. And I'm not watching movies or tv at all at the moment. I don't go out and meet friends, really, since I'm not particularly sociable. So games have become my one and only hobby, and get a disproportionate amount of time compared to anything else besides work and study.

I'll be travelling from Saturday due to the May 1st holiday here, so P4G can be wrapped into the flights and airport time.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's currently Jan 2nd in game, still loads of good stuff happening.

Questions about the velvet room though
    Spoiler:

Pretty sure I'll take this game on the next flight again. Won't be for a while, but that's good, it's the best way to spend time while flying.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    P4 is more current than P5.
  • Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    P4 is more current than P5.

How so?
  • Beat Mitsuo first time after I got Black Frost. Still took ages though. Hero was lv 38 but rest were still under that.

Anyway, good fight, at least it was a bit of a challenge. Onwards I go! Spent some quality time with my honey. Just did bath house again, all a bit easy, shoulda revisited earlier. Strip club should be better.

Starting to hoard up on personas and gonna start experimenting more fusions.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Just in regards to posting traffic.
  • Bollockoff wrote:

Ah, gotcha. I'm still playing P5 and have thoughts...I just check this thread at the mo to keep up with elf and Nina.
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Beat Mitsuo first time after I got Black Frost. Still took ages though. Hero was lv 38 but rest were still under that.

Anyway, good fight, at least it was a bit of a challenge. Onwards I go! Spent some quality time with my honey. Just did bath house again, all a bit easy, shoulda revisited earlier. Strip club should be better.

Starting to hoard up on personas and gonna start experimenting more fusions.

Good man!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't have a ps4 yet, will probably get one later in the year. I'll resurrect the P5 thread by then.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Nina wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

There we go.

I think you'll get the chance to
    Spoiler:

If you haven't already, so feel free to pop into the velvet room when you get the chance.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, she's looking. And I'll be keeping an eye on her until I know what's going on!
  • Cool.

Oh, and happy new year. ;)
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I'm not talking about it much because I'm still playing it and don't want to risk finding out what's coming later. It's a tricky one to talk about without giving things away.
  • JonB wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I'm not talking about it much because I'm still playing it and don't want to risk finding out what's coming later. It's a tricky one to talk about without giving things away.

Yeah - that's why I haven't stuck any review or long-form thoughts up yet. It's a really good game but it really, really shouldn't be spoiled.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah i'm expecting your just comp'd to look like a letter from the front in 1916.
  • Had a flight and long train journey yesterday, making my way from Haikou to Guangzhou, to Wuhan. Along the way I dived back into Golden.

Overcoming the muscle memory that 5 instilled for combat - I kept rushing in this when I just wanted to access my skills - aside, it was good to be back. Such a good game.
  • I've just done the beach trip. Hilarious!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, that was a lovely bit and a great way to end summer!

I just had my advancement exams.
    Spoiler:
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Does Golden rework relationships so there's clash? I remember being annoyed they let you be a playa with no downsides in the original which is contrasted to P3 where shit gets real if you decide to do that.
  • I 'accidentally' got into 2 relationships and there were no downsides (think I did the same thing as Nina re hugging Rise, but Yukiko was my long term girl).

It's a strange system in a way - once you're in a relationship and have maxed out the social link you're actually better off not seeing that person anymore so you can work on other links.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's my last day @Cinty! You said you had something to say about it.
    Spoiler:

And I agree Jon, I only spend time with yumi in the evenings, when there was no one else about. At least I got an item for talking to her. Didn't really see why I'd spend more time with her, every scene at home was the same.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!