Resident Evil
  • RE3 reviewed by eurogamer. Not as good as RE2. Could have done with more work and polish.
  • Sounds just like the original release.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Sounds just like the original release.

It's not, there's no decision making thing in.
    (a major part of resi3 that made it worth playing thru multiple times for diffrent outcomes and endings)

It's only 5 hours long.

Nemesis is a scripted boss that turns up instead of being totally random.

Should have been a dlc for resi 2.
  • Hopefully this comes tomorrow as I’m off. Got a notification Shopto have it at the warehouse. If sent today...there’s a chance...
  • 5 hours long with scripted Nemesis encounters you say?

Coach-Mick-Mcarthy-Look-at-Camera-Smile.gif
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ripe for a yarr, this.
  • Mine didn’t arrive. Gutted.
  • So I have been playing this over the last few days. Overall, good, but a little slight and lacking the impact of the RE2 remake.

A lot more of it is completely reworked, which is probably a good thing in general because the city in the original was mostly just a load of corridors. They've made more of some sections, but removed or reduced others. And it's more linear than Resi 2. There's no single big area that you're in for ages like the police station, which simplifies progression and makes it more action oriented. It's good in that it makes it feel different, but it's also a bit predictable and one-paced.

Play time, a little short.
    Spoiler:
    As with Resi 2, I think the main thing is that it's a very clever and detailed reworking of the original games, with lots of nods and little changes to keep you on your toes. It's just a shame they didn't expand it into something more substantial.
  • Sounds a lot like the og re3 reception. Which is fair from what I played from the demo.

I wonder if code Veronica is next on the remake list. It's the last of the classic re games before re4 mixed the series up. Should capcom do it or is CV modern enough as is?

If they do it they should make the world more 'open' imo. More metroidvania exploration if you will.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I do wonder if they will touch CV.

I personally would like a new Resi. An open world could work provided the controls were updated and they learnt lessons off newer survival horror games over the past decade. Dead Space's, item menu would be a good addition. Not pausing the game while rooting through it would add to the tension.
  • hunk wrote:
    Sounds a lot like the og re3 reception. Which is fair from what I played from the demo.

Agreed.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Open world zombie survival horror? Could be neat but will it still be classic re?
    They could make a play on pandemics too.
  • Yeah, dead space still holds its own post re4. Capcom can learn a lot from that series.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ripe for a yarr, this.

Yo if you get one sort a reg out pls
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Ripe for a yarr, this.

Yo if you get one sort a reg out pls

Mate its gonna be like 30gig wheres man gonna host and ting
  • Just wait for the Fit Girl repack, won't be long.
  • digi wrote:
    Sounds just like the original release.
    It's not, there's no decision making thing in. (a major part of resi3 that made it worth playing thru multiple times for diffrent outcomes and endings) It's only 5 hours long. Nemesis is a scripted boss that turns up instead of being totally random. Should have been a dlc for resi 2.

Nemesis was always a scripted encounter.

Could show up in different locations depending on your actions, or where you went first, but if you do the same things every time, you'll get the same Nemesis encounters every time.
  • I was watching a play through of the original the other day, and a lot of the Nemesis encounters were a bit shit really. You just run away a bit or make a binary decision and he's gone.

Here they've made each encounter into something meaningful. They've also done a decent job of making sure he's not just a repeat of Mr X, which could easily have happened.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    5 hours seems very short, was the original that brief as well?
  • I want them to do Dino Crisis next.
  • Oh, good one!
  • digi wrote:
    Sounds just like the original release.
    It's not, there's no decision making thing in. (a major part of resi3 that made it worth playing thru multiple times for diffrent outcomes and endings) It's only 5 hours long. Nemesis is a scripted boss that turns up instead of being totally random. Should have been a dlc for resi 2.

Nemesis was always a scripted encounter.

Could show up in different locations depending on your actions, or where you went first, but if you do the same things every time, you'll get the same Nemesis encounters every time.

Nope, it had about 5 or so diffrent places were you could make decisions from a choice of 2 each time, each one affected what happens next and changed the choices you could make later including the ending.
    After the initial encounter with nemesis he could show up anywere but always at the decision points too.

Those decision points are no longer in the game.
    (and it seems like it's only a 3Rd of the game it was originally).
  • It's just a little shorter than a Resi 2 play through. No one's going to do it in 5 hours first time (well, maybe on Easy).

There are bits missing that were in the original, but that's because it's changed around a lot more than Resi 2 was. It's not just cut down. A lot of sections are replaced or reworked into something a bit different, usually bigger and more interesting.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I want them to do Dino Crisis next.

Yeah, this could be cool.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Unfortunately I don't think it has the sort of brand awareness of Resi. The yoof might not be arsed.

Although it is dinosaurs, guns and spandex, what is not to like?
  • Jurassic World was huge at the box office, but that was a while ago now.

Maybe they've missed the ideal time to ride on the back of that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dino Riders, now theres a game I would play.
  • digi wrote:
    Nope, it had about 5 or so diffrent places were you could make decisions from a choice of 2 each time, each one affected what happens next and changed the choices you could make later including the ending.
    After the initial encounter with nemesis he could show up anywere but always at the decision points too.

You are 100% wrong on that. Outside of the multiple choice encounters, there are set places Nemesis can spawn, once certain conditions have been met. It is not random, though could certainly seem that way on a first play through.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Just wait for the Fit Girl repack, won't be long.

I have no clue what any of this means. Sort me out tempy.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Dino Riders, now theres a game I would play.

Banging cartoon that was!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!