Resident Evil
  • Well this is absolutely stunning and absolutely Resi, happy man.

Totally agree with the Dino Crisis shout.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bought it, fuck it. Lets go.
  • Resident Evil 8 (well it is and it isnt. Revelations 3 has been retitled RE8 as the actual RE8 is years away and capcom didnt want a huge gap between RE7 and RE8).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-05-report-resident-evil-8-is-first-person-takes-serious-departures-and-will-be-out-next-year

"This will be breaking this month with more details later not by myself, but I've needed to clear some stuff up. "Resident Evil 2021" is Resident Evil 8, but it wasn't always RE8. During most of its development it existed as Revelations 3."

Acknowledging that this differs from his earlier reports, AG said: "The reason I said RE8 was "years away" earlier this year is last year a RE8 was in development, & that one is years away. But Capcom didn't want a huge gap between RE7 and RE8, so that title got pushed to the side for now, & internal testing and such was super positive on Rev 3."
  • Not sure annual Resident Evils is the way to go. 3 already felt a little too soon after 2.
  • Yeah no need to go down the Assassins Creed model from the 360 days.

Less is more with some things.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • This is just more quality Resident evil, so if you like quality Resi then it’s ace. Absolutely stunning as well to look at.
  • Vere, if you ever have kids the speed you get through new releases will drop like a stone. Your a machine dude.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Vere, if you ever have kids the speed you get through new releases will drop like a stone. Your a machine dude.

Just couldn’t stop playing it, it was THAT good!

13.Resident Evil 3 Remake - 6 hours - 10/10 - Xbox One X

Oh man that was THE SHIT! Just awesome. Absolutely incredible looking, perhaps the best I’ve seen in a number of ways and great sound pumped out too. It’s a reimagined Resident Evil 3 really with a number of changes, new environments, weapons, all the normal additions. But it’s just so good from beginning to end. Never lets up but you never run out of breath or get bored with the pace. May only have been short, but I more than got my monies worth. I’d rather have 10 awesome short campaigns to play then 1 long game that despite its quality can get tiresome. Too many contemporary games last an age and you end up wanting them to come to an end. This I want to dive straight back into. Easy 10, couldn’t be better.
  • That’s my under 2 hour ‘S’ run done too! Man this game is awesome.
  • How do you rate RE2r against it?
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    How do you rate RE2r against it?

Tough one, I absolutely loved both. RE2r hit much harder because it’s everybody’s favourite RE, including mine. And RE3r is just very, very much more of the same but further refined and much more action like. I’d really put them at the exact same level, very much more of the same, but when that is oh so good it’s not a bad thing at all.
  • Cool, good to know. I just finished RE2r but I hadn't played the original (CV was my first). Thought it was excellent and RE3r looks similar but more action'y - which is fine as it mixes things up a bit.
  • I have found your comments about how good it looks quite interesting Vere, as a lot of the reading I did around it suggested they had to scale a bunch of it back visually from RE2 to make it work give it is more open etc
  • Tempy wrote:
    I have found your comments about how good it looks quite interesting Vere, as a lot of the reading I did around it suggested they had to scale a bunch of it back visually from RE2 to make it work give it is more open etc

The character models in particular are just exceptional. Could partly be the new OLED but I’ve been astonished with the fidelity in some of the environments. They could have scaled back in some of the exteriors to which I didn’t look simply because of the increased action and my emphasis on the characters etc. But it is a stunner.

mrsmr2 wrote:
    Cool, good to know. I just finished RE2r but I hadn't played the original (CV was my first). Thought it was excellent and RE3r looks similar but more action'y - which is fine as it mixes things up a bit.

That’s the best way to sum it it. Very similar but a little more actiony. The Nemesis is actually a good addition too, at first I was unsure and felt like it would make some sections a rush and/or limited in scope because of him, but most interactions with him are in areas you’ll pass through a few times so you get to explore and know your battle ground. You soon realise the red barrels you thought were great for clearing out a few zombies, are actually better left to tackle him and have him drop extra items such as weapon mods. Which I liked as were it just ammo there’d be little incentive, but there actually is a good reason to risk fighting him.
  • Having finished Leon 1st run I'm now doing Claire 2nd run on hardcore.

And.

It's kicking my arse.

In a good way. I think..
  • I was gonna go through 2 again! But decided to do 0 and 1 first. Gonna go through them all. Aside from 6. Fuck 6.
  • I done 0 for the first time about 3 years ago and loved it.

Currently playing remake 2, have just got out of the police station with Ada.

Never did 3 so will do that at some point. I still have CV that I've never got further than a few hours into either. Gotta do that at some point to.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • And where are the dolls in the RE3r demo? I’ve got 14 and there are 6 more to find.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I was gonna go through 2 again! But decided to do 0 and 1 first. Gonna go through them all. Aside from 6. Fuck 6.

Code Veronica?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I was gonna go through 2 again! But decided to do 0 and 1 first. Gonna go through them all. Aside from 6. Fuck 6.

Code Veronica?

See I remember the last time I played it I was not impressed as it hadn’t aged well, but you’re right, I’ll do it.
  • I still haven't done a Leon run...
  • Resi 4 is getting a remake.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Resi 4 is getting a remake.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake/

Yeh, its nuts. Remaking a classic masterpiece like that. Well lets see what they produce.

I guess @vere will be bouncing off the walls somewhere at this news.
  • 2 followed by 3 and then 4? Madness.

Played 4 last year and it is still excellent. Chop out none of it, polish up the graphics (adding a few more enemy faces would do), add proper ragdolls or even better Euphoria physics and I'll buy it for a high price.

Don't change the voice acting at all. And make sure you still have to choose between moving or shooting though, just like in real life.
  • They don't need to change anything, it seems utterly redundant mind.
  • I dunno, the graphics were amazing at the time and hold up well but I killed that same guy four hundred and twelve times.

It would be the perfect way to ratchet up the amazing atmosphere, everything else is perfect though. Plot, pace, I loved it. Especially the safe room music and excepting the physics. Except not excepting the physics when you smash pots.
  • Turn it into a fps and get rid of the stupid fish thing.
  • But I love watching Leon's hair. And I love fish.
  • What the hell?
    I thought Dino Crisis and Code veronica were up next.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Everything beside the merchant is expendable.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!