Can't we all just get along?!? MD vs SNES
  • Only sitcom anyone should be watching right now is Bob's Burgers because it's ace.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Only sitcom anyone should be watching right now is Bob's Burgers because it's ace.

QFT. Bob's Burgers is possibly the best thing on TV right now.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Does anyone remember the British version of married with children? It had Russ Abbott I think and seemed more middle class.

From what I've seen I like bobs burgers, also its the guy from archer, who's ace!
  • Does anyone remember the British version of married with children? It had Russ Abbott I think and seemed more middle class.

From what I've seen I like bobs burgers, also its the guy from archer, who's ace!

It was called Married For Life iirc.

One episode was scenario and word for word identical, but they somehow managed to make it not funny.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yeah I only recognised it was the same thing when after a while i saw an episode of the American one and it was strangely familliar...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Only sitcom anyone should be watching right now is Bob's Burgers because it's ace.

Yeah... I've been meaning to get round to that.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996

One episode was scenario and word for word identical, but they somehow managed to make it not funny.

I remember hearing about that, its a shame MWC never caught on over here. It was before the pre Friends craze when the amount of US shows on UK TV seemed to explode.

Oh well, here's to Al
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Never got the MwC love. Roseanne was about a million times funnier.

I remember hearing about that, its a shame MWC never caught on over here. It was before the pre Friends craze when the amount of US shows on UK TV seemed to explode.

Oh well, here's to Al

WooooaaahhhBundy!

When itv had the rights, Westcountry (or TSW as it was back then) used to show it so infrequently, it never stood a chance. They'd show it for a few weeks, at about 11pm, then drop it with no warning. Perhaps for months, then it'd suddenly reappear.

Sky had the show for a while, they showed all 11 seasons in order, but they scheduled it at 7pm and edited out all the slightly risqué stuff, ie most of the really funny dialogue. Peggy's family are from Wanker County, hardly going to be able to mention that at 7pm. There were a couple of episodes they didn't show at all (including the one where Al has a circumcision)

I ended up just buying the DVD box sets, from Holland and France, because although the packaging isn't in English, the soundtrack is.
  • I watched them all on Sky one back then and even recorded them on good old VHS, own them on region 1 DVD now.

I know it's not the best show but it's honestly one of my all time favourites. Classic stuff and one of the USA's longest running sitcoms. Shame it never got a proper send off, I remember hearing Ed O'Neill was actually very upset about that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Seconded re: Bob's Burgers. I know a guy who looks exactly the same as him too.
  • I watched them all on Sky one back then and even recorded them on good old VHS, own them on region 1 DVD now.

I know it's not the best show but it's honestly one of my all time favourites. Classic stuff and one of the USA's longest running sitcoms. Shame it never got a proper send off, I remember hearing Ed O'Neill was actually very upset about that.

I had them all taped to VHS too! :)

It did seem to end abruptly, but to be honest the latter seasons aren't particularly good.

Thankfully Ed O'Neill is in Modern Familly, which is also excellent.

• And still reading the same paper.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yes. Haha, that was bizarre.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Modern Family gets the Swirl Seal of Approval™.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm trademarking Swirl of Approval.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    No-Darth_Vader.jpg
  • Smang wrote:
    Archer.

YES!

But in particular:

tumblr_m8zghn5p791r5i9guo1_500.jpg
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Curb's the only live-man Americomedy I've ever cared for. It featured the same awful characters, but Larry's misfortunes were universal during the show's best.

(Lead Balloon's burden of middle-classness called for much greater emphasis on universality.)

Otherwise, their output clunks through scripted gears with all foul grace of a fat streaker over assault-course tyres.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!