• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    I just smashed fuck out my Sony Xperia z3 screen. Dont buy a Sony... terrible phones. Anyway to get it fixed with a genuine Sony screen is 95 quid!! I'm almost tempted to get a cheap phone instead. Is Samsung really the only alternative?
    It's certainly an alternative to not being on fire.
  • You can get 3rd party screens for that phone from £10.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Scotswahey wrote:
    I just smashed fuck out my Sony Xperia z3 screen. Dont buy a Sony... terrible phones. Anyway to get it fixed with a genuine Sony screen is 95 quid!! I'm almost tempted to get a cheap phone instead. Is Samsung really the only alternative?
    It's certainly an alternative to not being on fire.

Serious question. Now you may laugh... But what are those Blackberrys like these days? They just look cool. But if they're slow as shit then theres not much point.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • I had a third party screen last time. It lasted 2 weeks and cracked without me doing anything to it.

• Without you doing anything to it... of course...
  • I put it down on the coffee table. I picked it up to look at it, it was cracked. Prior to that I'd dropped it about a million times and only after my mate jumped out behind the curtains and i threw the phone at the wall did it break. Fake glass is never gorilla glass. It's never going to last long.

• So dropping it loads is not doing anything to it now? Personally, I've found third party screens to last just as long as official ones, maybe it's the solid metal case.
  • Point I'm getting at is that a cheap screen is going to be better than a cheap phone. Multiple cheap screens, if needs be.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    What are those Blackberrys like these days?
    Discontinued.
  • Scotswahey wrote:

Mother fuckers advertised it as waterproof! I'll never buy Sony again.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I fixed my Z5 screen and other than the fact its no longer waterproof it works fine. I paid £35 for the screen but it did take me about 3hrs to do it and I had to use a heat gun to unstick the glue as a hair dryer wasn't touching it.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I'd like to buy a nice pair of earphones. Big bastard ones not the in ear business.

Would want them for general gaming, music and video editing so not looking for anything specific as such.

No idea about them whatsoever. Could I get a nice serviceable pair for 30-40 quid or is there a sever jump in quality when you start spending closer to 100 and over?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I'm no Skerret, but I believe the answer to both of your questions is yes.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Gonna be fine indoors, and will help stop you getting run over outdoors, and seem a cracking pair of cans especially at that price

Just bear in mind the difference between open and closed back, if there is little ambient noise then open are great (and make your ears sweat less) if there is then you will be interrupted by either the 77 bus coming past or the wife watching coronation street
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Anyone got an Amazon Echo or the google one?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Scares me a little, the ones that you can't turn off, always listening like Kinect, much rather press a button and then I know when I'm being listened to

Google voice stuff on the phone works pretty well, so imagine that the google one is just the version of that, before we all get it on our phones with Android 7 or 8
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I imagine it makes a noise after picking up the activate word so, technically, you know when you're being listened to.

Also, what's this new Google thing? The one already on phones has managed most sensible things I've thrown at it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think it's basically a bluetooth speaker with google voice

https://madeby.google.com/home/
  • Oh, I thought you meant it was a new service with the comment about getting it on our phones. AFAIK, that thing just uses the same tech as Google Now.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Pretty much,  the marketing blurb made me think it has a few upgrades, I guess we'd see them in later android iterations is all I was thinking
  • Current/previous Android versions would see them, too; it's a separate app from the core system.
  • I've just found out that Cubby (like Dropbox, but not shit) is closing. Anyone got recommendations for a replacement? Needs to be free ('cause I don't store much), let you only sync certain folders, sync folders in different locations, have desktop and mobile clients, web access and public links to files/folders. Restoring deleted files and/or versioning would be good bonuses.
  • Skerret wrote:

Ta to ya both. $73 or £119. Crazy talk. Will keep an eye out.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • AJ wrote:
    So dropping it loads is not doing anything to it now? Personally, I've found third party screens to last just as long as official ones, maybe it's the solid metal case.

No I dropped it loads when I had gorilla glass in it. I didn't drop it once when it had cheap glass and yet it still cracked.

• Yossarian wrote:
    Scotswahey wrote:
    What are those Blackberrys like these days?
    Discontinued.

So basically if I don't buy a BB passport I'll never own a proper blackberry.. I feel a little sad about that.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Just to make it worse, the passport isn't really a proper BlackBerry either, but you get the best of both worlds as you can side lad your favorite android apps as well
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    It is isn't it?
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    It is isn't it?

Nah man. I had it under a few inches of water for less than 10 seconds. It was bricked after that. All the ads lead me to believe that you can use it underwater, pictures of people using it underwater to take photos. They even promote a how great their physical camera button is because you can't use a touch screen under water. Apparently they later changed their small print and said you shouldn't ever try to use the phone underwater and if the phone is water damaged they won't honour their warranty. 

Investigated this with Trading Standards and they said my contract was with whoever I brought the phone with and how they promoted the phone, not actually with Sony despite their ads. Turns out the eBay store I brought it from has closed down... It had a few thousand positive reviews too. Sony don't want to know at all, they said yeah sure, read the updated warranty, send your phone and the tech will investigate it. If they think it's my fault I'll have to pay for a new phone or £35 to have my phone sent back.

I don't understand why they never emailed or communicated their change in policy especially since I registered the phone with them since day 1. Fuckers.
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Anyone got an Amazon Echo or the google one?

I have the Echo. The voice recognition works great but I'm really only using it as an alarm clock and music player at the moment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!