Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Just eBayed myself a copy of Street Fighter III 2nd Impact for Dreamcast. Also currently um-ing and ah-ing over Biomotor Unitron on Neo Geo Pocket. BiN is £70, but that's actually a massive bargain for that game. I've seen people wanting double that for incomplete examples.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    How much was that SF game if you don't mind me asking? Have SFA3 and 3rd strike for DC. Wondering what they are worth....

I'm improving my Asteroids Dx skills. Consistently scoring in the 20Ks - though still not getting into the 30Ks often enough - my top 3 scores which are saved by the cabinet are all in the mid 30s but I'm finding it tough to get there often.

Watched a bit of the world record video at Twin Galaxies that was submitted last month. This guy clocked the game 3 times for a 3 million+ score but I take some comfort with the fact that he looks no more comfortable than I do from the off. With original Asteroids this guy has to watch he doesn't get 256 lives clocked up as it ends the game - with Dx he's living with no more than 2 - 3 spare ships at any time. (The game only lets you amass 10 iives anyhow). The saucers are brutal but his shield skills are excellent.  He has some serious close calls right from the off but he's probably well within himself whilst I am hanging on by my fingernails.

Thinking of trying to get a camera set up on a tripod to show what the game looks and sounds like - but I think it's going to be hard to convey how gorgeous the reflected vector display looks.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I think I might have Biomotor Unitron. Hmm. Someone remind me to check tomorrow.

I've got something like that, but I can't quite remember what it's called. You play with robots and upgrade them?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    How much was that SF game if you don't mind me asking? Have SFA3 and 3rd strike for DC. Wondering what they are worth....

I recently picked up SFA3 for £30, but that is less than it frequently goes for. Third Strike isn't worth as much as 2nd Impact, but is in the same price range. My copy of 2nd Impact was £50, but as mentioned I've seen people asking much more than that. At a complete guess, median price for 2nd Impact would be £70, and for Third Strike, £60. SFA3 is probably in the same ball park, but a smidge lower again. £55, something like that, on average?
    WorKid wrote:
    I think I might have Biomotor Unitron. You play with robots and upgrade them?

Yup, that's the one. It's a bit like Pokemon meets Etrian Odyssey. The locations around town that you visit to upgrade your robot/talk to people are just a list on a menu, like EO. The upgrade parts are awarded randomly after fights, so you can trade bits via the link cable, like Pokemon.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    I recently picked up SFA3 for £30, but that is less than it frequently goes for. Third Strike isn't worth as much as 2nd Impact, but is in the same price range. My copy of 2nd Impact was £50, but as mentioned I've seen people asking much more than that. At a complete guess, median price for 2nd Impact would be £70, and for Third Strike, £60. SFA3 is probably in the same ball park, but a smidge lower again. £55, something like that, on average?

Cheers. Not thinking of selling - just interested in values generally.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:

Cheers. Not thinking of selling - just interested in values generally.

I do the same. Currently watching Grandia II. I already have it, just wondering what it's worth.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Just don't tell the misses, eh? ;) I still get nightmares about the story in EDGE about the chap who was made to sell his Neo Geo AES collection after he let the value slip to his girlfriend.

They used the money to buy a new car. The lunatics.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ha. I remember that. The car by now will be worthless scrap. The NeoGeo games meanwhile will have appreciated considerably.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yup. IIRC, at the time, a CiB copy of Metal Slug would have set you back a paltry £1,000.
  • I still have 2nd impact for dc somewhere...
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Me too. I think I had a promo copy.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Me too. I think I had a promo copy.

And Biomotor?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    £500 just to undo some shrink-wrap............
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    "Oh no, you don't play a record like this. You'll widen the grooves, lower the value."

It even comes in it's own special house.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Has an "official" condition grade and everything. Who are these people who grade these? If that's an 85 what would a 100 cost?

Madness.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    They've done the same thing for comics for years. A copy of Action Comics #1 rated something like 45% went for hundreds of thousands of US$, iirc.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just wondering who is the person or persons who grades them?
  • I just saw them mentioned in a random video. vggrader.com and the grading costs about $30+shipping to the US. 85 is near mint+ (whatever that means?) and 100's are extremely rare. Somebody sent them an unopened box of six sealed N64 games and they were graded between 85-95.

Personally don't care about sealed games but the grading seems to usually raise the asking price by at least 100%, no idea if they ever sell though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's good that such a thing exists. How it becomes universally accepted is a different matter though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think they're based in Arizona and they seem to be the definitive source. I genuinely GENUINELY at one point in my life thought about establishing a service for that based in the UK
  • I found my Biomotor box. I think I know where the cart is too (safely with the console) but it's packed.

So at least I know I had it.
  • Reg, did you ever get that GameCube HDMI dongle or did you pull out after the reports of it cooking GameCubes?

I was thinking of getting one but wanted to get some hard facts on it first!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are new models that are safe...

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Reg, did you ever get that GameCube HDMI dongle or did you pull out after the reports of it cooking GameCubes?

I was thinking of getting one but wanted to get some hard facts on it first!

Yeah, I have it! It has done no damage to my GameCube but I've only used it 3-4 times. It's incredible. The difference it makes it wild. However, aside from a mega extended metroid Prime playthrough (aka the whole game) I haven't used it for massive amounts yet.
  • I've got an HDMI adaptor on order. The guy selling them is getting them manufactured in China. Should be here in a few weeks.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Good news all round then. Cheers Reg & Davy. That video where 'Metal Jesus' swings his GC round the table is hilarious!

Mal0wner do you have a link? I'm guessing your paying less than $150?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like that Metaljesus guy. He has nice way about him and a good network of guests. I think he worked in the industry back when big box PC games were de rigeur.
  • Yeah I watch his channel all the time.

It was Sierra he worked for.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There's a video that shows him picking up hundreds of old big box PC games from someone's house for $75. Think it was a craiglists thing. Nuts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!