Currently Playing
  • Given Pyre a shot. Looks and sounds utterly stunning, hard to believe Cunningham is both Rucks from Bastion and The Voice in Pyre. Quite a range on the guy. No idea what the hell is going on in the actual game part, The Rites, feels very sloppy so far, but fucking hell if it the gorgeousness of it doesn't just exude from every single part of the the screen.
  • Co-sign on the look and tunes. It really is fucking amazing.

I'm not willing to call the gameplay sloppy yet.

Unwilling to blame the game, yet, for what is me being shit. This may change.

I'd also be very interested in what comes of the mp. Given its local only a community might be hard to get going, but I feel like if it did there'd be a hella interesting meta.

Chuck further thoughts in the thread. Cause I'm trying to balance this with hollow knight.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Anyone played Get Even?
    I was quite interested in it as it sounded like a good attempt at mixing things up.
    I might just splurge anyhow.
  • Had some gaming time this weekend and had no interest in getting back to pyre
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Abzu (win10)

Also known as 'swimming with the fishes'.
    Reminds me a bit of free roaming rez without the shooty aspect. Strangely relaxing too.
    Wait till you encounter the whales...

Only negative point I can think of is how heavy the Unity engine is. It eats more resources than one would suspect. Firewalk had similar issues, had to tone down the gfx to make them run smoothly.

Otherwise stellar little game and well worth a dip. Recommended.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Journey is the better analogue surely
  • Never had the pleasure of playing journey as I've not played playstation since ps2. Rez is thus sadly my closest point of reference.
    But aye, journey is the obvious precursor.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Alternating between The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

Both are among the best JRPG's money can buy. The world building, with its emphasis on people, relationships, social structures, culture, the day-to-day - is second to none.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Always meant to pick those up but never did.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Stumbled onto
    Spoiler:
    in Super Metroid last night. I was planning to stop anyway, so only had a quick look at it, filled up my energy tanks and made a save point in front of his room.

If anyone has any tips or tricks for him, I'd like to hear them. It's probably a simple pattern, but I've never been good at avoiding stuff thrown at me.

Still loving this a lot, not playing it that often as I need to be in the right mindset for it. Have a feeling I'm about halfway through? How many energy tanks are there in total, I have 5 now I think. Was planning to just explore as much as possible on my own, than look at cleared map pictures once I find the last bosses and go for the missed tanks / missiles.

Not sure if this was a good idea to play so closely to metroid 2 remake, as I think this looks better (going by the screenshots)
  • You're about halfway.
    I think there might be 10-12 energy tanks. Not too sure as it's been a while.
    Haven't got any tips to beat the phantom boss but can't recall him being too hard to beat.
  • Installed Hollow Knight but it refuses to start up :(
    Quick google suggests I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    Waiting on a patch now.

Too bad, was looking forward to this.
  • I think there are 20 energy tanks not counting 4 reserve tanks. Most are hidden.

I thought Ridley was fairly challenging. And Draygon can be a bitch without suicidal method.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    12 vs 20 tanks, guess I'll look it up once I feel I need them.

Tell me about that suicidal method Elf, I'm sure I'll hit a point where it gets too hard for me, so every trick is appreciated.
  • hunk wrote:
    Installed Hollow Knight but it refuses to start up :(
    Quick google suggests I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    Waiting on a patch now.

Too bad, was looking forward to this.

Damn. That sucks. Its amazing.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Obvious - but his eye has to be open when you hit him? (I think - it has been a LONG time).
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nina wrote:
    12 vs 20 tanks, guess I'll look it up once I feel I need them. Tell me about that suicidal method Elf, I'm sure I'll hit a point where it gets too hard for me, so every trick is appreciated.

There are 2 rows of energy tanks/squares at top left of HUD but I can't remember how many are in each row. I may be thinking of Zelda. 

Re Green Prawn boss, you can shoot and destroy the turrets or whatever on the side of the room. You will need enough energy to take advantage of the suicidal method. Basically
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was curious about the energy tanks, looked it up. What I can gather from the first page on Google (didn't open the links in case there where maps posted or anything) it's 14 total, but one can only be gotten closer to the end.

@Davy, yeah, that seems to be his weak spot, only managed two hits last night but I wasn't really trying, was low on health when I got into the room. Hardest part will be avoiding all the flames I think.
  • Played an hour of Never Alone on PS4.  I wanted to like it - eskimo co-op Limbo - but it's a turd so far.   The bola controls are nice, but strip the visual style and it's a floaty, lightweight platformer with weak puzzles.  Early days, but I may not return to it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Installed Hollow Knight but it refuses to start up :( Quick google suggests I'm not the only one experiencing this. Waiting on a patch now. Too bad, was looking forward to this.
    Damn. That sucks. Its amazing.

Got it working now.
    Amazing presentation and it controls well too.
    2d darksouls indeed.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Played an hour of Never Alone on PS4.  I wanted to like it - eskimo co-op Limbo - but it's a turd so far.   The bola controls are nice, but strip the visual style and it's a floaty, lightweight platformer with weak puzzles.  Early days, but I may not return to it.

Yeah I started that, liked the setting but when I stopped playing it I just didn't feel compelled to go back to it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I played through it a couple of months back. IT doesn't get much better tbh! http://www.thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/comment/1263013#Comment_1263013
  • I'll delete that one then, thanks.  Could be worth a go in co-op rather than character swapping I suppose.

Edit: I'm only guessing that's an option.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm trying to complete The Witness. The swamp area is making me feel like the thickest momo for a hundred light years.

On the other hand I am a lover of the statue reveals. They have a very creepy but muted tone seeing as they're just there. Lining up the grasping woman on the cage with the giant statue was great.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The swamp is the Tetris shapes right? Got on ok with that area.

I don't know what you're on about with the statues though, and I fear you've Bollo'd it for me.
  • Nier, but also Downwell. Didn't think I'd go back, but keep having the odd quick go now and again. It's quite addictive.
  • I don't know what you're on about with the statues though, and I fear you've Bollo'd it for me.

He has, kinda. It's nice to notice for yourself but it's no biggie.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The thing is I've been there and know the statue, but obviously haven't noticed it for myself so I'm glad it's been brought to my attention so I can go back and investigate.
    Spoiler:

I'd love a making of book or documentary of that game for when I've completed it, it's a special thing.
  • There's a good interview with Blow on NoClip, part of a series on secrets in games so there a good interview with Derek Yu too.
  • JonB wrote:
    Nier, but also Downwell. Didn't think I'd go back, but keep having the odd quick go now and again. It's quite addictive.

Cracking little game, I put it on my Vita recently.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!