PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Last boss is (difficulty spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Think I read something like that, I tried to find out how hard /easy the end game is when you've got all the upgrades. Only stumbled onto lists of people putting the bosses in order from hardest - easiest, so not much use. Guess I'll have to find out myself. Hopefully find some time today to at least get everything in Crateria and Brinstar.

Woke up just thinking about this game, it really got me. Switch version would be nice, but I'm very happy with it on the 3DS too. Not sure if this would need an HD remake, it never feels dated, except maybe that's it's structured in a way that you don't see that much anymore. But that mostly surprised me.
    Spoiler:
  • If they updated it now it'd probably constantly tell you where to go next and what items you need. Be surprised if they left you so isolated with the possibility of getting lost/stuck.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Which is a shame, as this feels right the way it is. I am playing on 3DS though, so that means I can always make a restore point, and am definitely using that a lot.

Read in the Samus Returns thread that it keeps track of your %. To keep track of mine I looked at an 100% map online and drew it onto math paper (the one with squares, not lines) as I don't have a printer. Just going to all the marked areas. Still puzzling left to do.
  • I would happily have the original on the switch

I doubt there’s any need to hold your breath for snes classics
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    I would happily have the original on the switch
    I doubt there’s any need to hold your breath for snes classics
    You can never tell with Nintendo
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I've gone back to Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. It's quite fun dashing around the city and the combat is hilariously terrible.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    @hunk: you sure you’re not thinking of SotN in  your spoiler?

Quick google confirms my hazy memory, it's possible to go over 100% when hunting items.
    I got 130% back in the days.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Whoa. Don’t recall ever looking at completion rate.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I just picked up Wolfenstein New Order to prep for the latest one. It's not bad if you like knifing nazi goons.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Who doesn't like knifing nazi goons? :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Surely grenades for you mate?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm now on a four-way split of Mario 3D Land, Yoshi's Woolly World, PoP Sands of Time, and Sunset Overdrive. Very much flitting between them.
  • I need to go back to Sunset, gotta add it to my list.
    Spoiler:
  • I can’t do more than one game over a period
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Me?

Zelda
    NieR
    Luigi’s Mansion 2
    Hollow Knight
    Destiny 2. Kind of. 

I tend to go through short periods of giving a game or two more attention than the other. Was Zelda and Hollow Knight last week. It’s NieR and LM2 this week. Destiny 2 for about an hour a week.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'll still plugging away at my Breath of the Wild/Gravity Rush combo.  Between 40 & 45hrs on Zelda, and up to chapter 15 on GR.  Gravity Rish is a weird one, I'm around 6hrs in and I'm no closer to deciding whether I like it or not.  Sometimes I think I love it, but I spend most of my time trying to put the current chapter behind me.  Brilliant idea well executed, and the presentation is flawless, but it becomes hugely annoying fairly regularly.  I think it'll be a [6] that reads like an [8].
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Similar feelings on Gravity Rush.  Can't remember where I got to, not the end.
    I can’t do more than one game over a period

For me, it depends very much on the game.  (J)RPGs, definitely hard to do.  Dumb platformers, far easier.
  • I was supposed to be alternating between FFXII and Wipeout. But it's really just FFXII and more FFXII. Not Wipeout's fault at all.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors

Suitably mental. Cracking presentation, meh story but who buys musou for that, good blending of FE & Warriors mechanics. Doing 70+ hit combos on units on horseback will never not be funny.

Recommended if found around the £40 mark.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've got too many endless games on the go.

Splatoon 2
    Monster Hunter Generations

Super Metroid (only need to pick up power ups in Norfair, and fight some enemies. One upgrade left)
    Golf Story

I need to put more time into both ARMS and MK, as I stopped playing them only because Splatoon.

About Gravity Rush, loved the style of that game, but couldn't get on with the camera. Losing track of where I was most of the time, making me dizzy. A shame, as I did like all the other things. Never finished it.
  • I have caught myself tilting my head at odd angles when playing it on the train.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think it was actually B that either asked me to stop playing or giving me eye signals to let me know I was having strong reactions to the game.

Part of me wants to pick it up again, but I have enough other games and I'm not sure a second go will make it any better.
  • Just started two more games yesterday. Uncharted The Lost Legacy which is just more Uncharted goodness. Yes it has its flaws but it is damn gorgeous and a blast to play. Also doesn’t seem to lack too much from the lack of Drake, the main two characters are rather good.

And then I also picked up Fifa 17. I haven’t played any football game for years now so it is quite nice to dip back into it. I also really like The Journey at the moment. The story is cliched bollocks but it gives a real purpose to playing.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Played some Duskers last night, really cool and unusual game. The basic premise seems to be that you are the AI remnants of a derelict spaceship that's had it crew killed somehow. You travel around a universe visiting and salvaging from lifeless ships and habitats, collecting fuel and scrap to upgrade your gear. It's sort of a roguelike, it looks like you can get stuck with no fuel or ability to salvage further, so it's important to manage the risk carefully. And I think there's some kind of overarching goal or secret to find based on the snippets of uncorrupted text logs on some of the ships I've come across.

duskers_may23_8.jpg

You salvage by remotely operating four little drones, navigating them through the corridors and rooms of the broken derelicts. They can be directly piloted via the arrow keys, but most of the time you type in commands via text into a natty little cmd window, e.g. -
    "navigate 1 3 r8;generator 3; motion 1"
    - Which tells drone 1 and drone 3 to make their way to room 8 (if the doors to get their are open), then drone 3 to use it's ability to power up the generator in that room, while drone 1 activates it's motion sensors to search for threats in nearby rooms.

There is a degree of autocomplete which helps to speed things up, and you can even create aliases (macros basically) to do a bunch of actions at once. I made a "home" command which tells all the drones to hoon it back to r1 (your docked ship), handy if there's a radiation breach or similar catastrophe. And "loot" which tells a drone to gather up everything within a room. It's a really nice system actually, becomes very natural to do some quite complicated stuff, and is a nice way of controlling things simultaneously. This kind of control method fits perfectly with the theme too, really would love to see more of this, maybe with some alternate UI and world designs.

Quite refreshing to not have to use a mouse, using even a well designed one can get uncomfortable over long periods I find. I was particularly keen to play something like this as I'm a bit of a mechanical keyboard fiend, and it seems a shame to only be using a handful of keys for most games. I've been using this beauty -

Jr8QvtD.jpg

I'm really enjoying the minimal audio design too, the steady background hum and occasional radio crackles keep you immersed. The relatively flat sonic experience makes the peaks, particularly when you start hearing.. things moving around you all the more nerve-wracking.

Can't wait to explore some more and see what suprises I come across. This is currently 50% off on Steam, definitely worth a look, especially if you've got a nice mech keyboard, quite an experience.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I just started playing Golf Clash on my phone. It's addictive. Halp.
  • Just started two more games yesterday. Uncharted The Lost Legacy which is just more Uncharted goodness. Yes it has its flaws but it is damn gorgeous and a blast to play. Also doesn’t seem to lack too much from the lack of Drake, the main two characters are rather good.

And then I also picked up Fifa 17. I haven’t played any football game for years now so it is quite nice to dip back into it. I also really like The Journey at the moment. The story is cliched bollocks but it gives a real purpose to playing.

Couldn't get on with the last legacy
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I just started playing Golf Clash on my phone. It's addictive. Halp.

I don't even want to look it up just in case I decide I need it.  Never really got into mobile game (dabbled with something where you bounce a colour through coloured gates for an evening, same with Flappy Bird), but golf could potentially chew me up and never spit me out.
  • I've been playing a bit of Mario Odyssey, which is fantastic, but it's Hustle Kings on Vita that I can't get out of my head.  Switched to that for my commute after finishing Gravity Rush, and all signs point to it playing an exceptionally good game of pool.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I rarely play any mobile games either but off the back of Everybody's Golf I thought I'd give it a bash.

I like it, unfortunately. Halp.

And it was a TV advert that got me into it. I feel violated, and not in a good way.

Just one more match....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!