Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Anyway i've just bought Celeste

And sweet, should mean a discount is looming...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    May give it a bit longer to see how it opens out, but i reckon i'll be back on Monster Hunter soon enough.
    Like that's a bad thing!

I just can't seem to focus on anything else than MHW, MH Generations and Splatoon 2. Part of me feels like I should at least try some of my pile of shame games, but I'm actually quite happy with this trio for now.
  • I probably am done with MHW really. Except if some good new content comes out.

Had a good run with it though. About 130 hours.
  • The more I play Celeste now the more I feel the SF Collection could be a mistake. Just can't see the d-pad being up to the job.

Might cancel the preorder and get something else.
  • Unless you want to play it handheld, there are plenty of controllers from as little as £20 that would be better suited than either of Nintendo's. I think I've even seem some six button ones that are compatible.

Plus, there are those adaptors which are supposed to work pretty well.
  • I'm on PS4. What I need is a SNES pad.
  • Oh, I quite like the d-pad on the PS4, just automatically assumed you were talking about the Switch with that complaint.

I think the SFC30 works on PS4. Not quite as good as the original, but much closer than the DS4.
  • Cool to encounter a section in Yoshi's island that they later incorporated and (greatly) expanded on in Super Mario Galaxy.

Game gets much busier (onscreen) trickier + developes a bit of a nasty streak the deeper you go. I'm enjoying it enough to push on through tho, yet mechanically et al (the first, lols) SMW remains my jam.

• Yossarian wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Does fullspec also go by the name 'Nick',
    Yes.
    and JB is his brother...
    Yes.
    or are NickMD and fullspec related to Byrne and each other?
    No.

Haha

Hope you enjoy Lone Survivor, @Moot_Geeza

• Considering it's really not my sort of game, I actually am.  It took me a while to get a rhythm going, but I'm on day 20ish now.  I don't have much to compare it to, but having to return to bed to save your progress/retain loot feels a bit Steamworld Diglike.  The lack of food and need for sleep means forays into the unknown are always rushed, which works.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Well, I got B a copy of FFXV, meaning I can't hunt in the evenings for a while I guess.

So I started Bravely Default, took me a while. I'm still very early, got a blinking red light so had to stop just after I got a second party member.
    Kind of a warm up before Octopath I guess, loved the demo of that one. BD is off to a strong start, like the art style (although there was some heavy compression in the first videos) and fighting/team building seems like fun.

Anything I need to know that will make the play through go smoothly, talking things like weapons that you can only get up until a specific point, character job distribution etc.
    Also missed setting up the AR thing at the start, did I miss anything? Couldn't find my card and I actually just wanted to play.
  • PoE2isbangingthusfar.
  • Forza Motorsport 7

Yep, another sim-for-everyone with an inverted pyramid career mode with races, races and more races, all held together with class handling, visuals and sounds. But the variety of tracks, which includes former series stalwarts like Maple Valley returning, and the usual mob of real-world race tracks and city locations (Prague is the toppest of top tier) and the simply astounding weather affects and the variety of types of disciplines makes this an absolute juggernaut of a game.

Theres no doubting it now. This leaves GT in the dust.

Shame its not a system seller but if you've any inkling for a track racer and you don't have a Bone, this (and OF COURSE Horizon) makes it worthwhile imo. Come for the amazing racer, stay for the game pass.

[9]
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Been playing a fair amount of Forza 7 myself recently, as you say, it looks stunning and plays amazingly well. Can’t compare to GT personally as I don’t have it. The X1 is certainly the racers console though thats for sure.
  • Forza left GT in the dust a very long time ago. IMHO.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hotline Miami 2 probably has the worst auto lock-on I've ever encountered.  If it was the same in the first game I obviously didn't realise it had one (or never used it), as there seems to be no logic whatsoever to the target it latches onto.  I expect I'll get through it, but this is Secret of the Ooze level of sequel disappointment.
  • Earthbound: Quite liking it. I see the charms:
    Spoiler:
  • Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition

Previously dismissed it as a bit floaty and lacking precision but I've reinstalled it and quite like the slower pace and generousity towards dieing.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Chuchel is funny and cute but Amanita like to just halt momentum and force you to do a proper puzzle.
  • Tried Invisible Inc. again, that's the second time I've done the tutorial and found the first mission a bit...dull.  I'll try one more time, but for now hello I'm the guy that's playing Tembo the Badass Elephant instead of Invisible Inc.  It's a bit clumsy, and someone forgot to tell the level designers they should be built for speed as a cautious approach seems to be the way forward (reminds me of Tiny Toons on MD here), but it's kinda alreet.  Will finish unless I need to mop up too much to progress, I've noticed some stages are locked behind a collectathon paywall.  Boo.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Knew I'd fall for a farming game eventually.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm fairly far in I reckon and I fucking love it, but the best thing about Wolfenstein 2 is finding the records.
  • I think Evil Within 2 will be my next full fat game.  I've had a good run of indie titles so need something a little meatier, and Stoph's GoW is currently in recorded Royal Mail limbo.  Do I need to know anything about the first game?  I'm just looking to shoot stuff with headphones on at the moment and I've gone from maybe interested one day to quite excited, but I don't really know what to expect.  OTT Resi, mayber.  Although Resi was fairly OTT until recently.  Something along those lines anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a corker
  • Started MGSV:TTP

God I wish I was better at this. It is clearly a fantastic game but I absolutely suck at it.
    In my hands the ultimate black ops soldier is more like a drunk Mr Blobby.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mr Blobby was terrifying if not stealthy tbf
  • Evil Within 2 isn't what I thought it was - not played either franchise so I'd managed to get it confused with Shadows of the Damned. Still, over an hour done and I'm well up for more, the switch from unsettling nuanced creepiness in the first proper section to
    Spoiler:

was great.
  • Nina wrote:
    Well, I got B a copy of FFXV, meaning I can't hunt in the evenings for a while I guess. So I started Bravely Default, took me a while. I'm still very early, got a blinking red light so had to stop just after I got a second party member. Kind of a warm up before Octopath I guess, loved the demo of that one. BD is off to a strong start, like the art style (although there was some heavy compression in the first videos) and fighting/team building seems like fun. Anything I need to know that will make the play through go smoothly, talking things like weapons that you can only get up until a specific point, character job distribution etc. Also missed setting up the AR thing at the start, did I miss anything? Couldn't find my card and I actually just wanted to play.

I think re: the AR stuff, there are occasional cut scenes where the Fairy will fly around your living room and talk to you, and you can track her with your 3DS's camera.  Remember it being pretty neat but nothing essential.

Didn't find any secret weapons or tricks early.  Found it was worth switching jobs pretty regularly early on since you can mix and match different abilities with different jobs.  I'm sure there are some handy guides to make sure your party is always balanced properly, but the game wasn't TOO difficult just trying different things.  

Also don't forget to change encounter rates if you're struggling in a dungeon, or feel like having a grind!  Can also change difficulty without it affecting anything, from memory.

Really good game only the dialogue can be a little wordy, and there was a stretch a fair way in that dragged on for way too long.  Worth pushing on if you like the combat/party setup though and it has a fantastic ending.

EDIT: Game also has some cool street pass functionality that is pretty much impossible to find in real life now.  From IGN:

Not everyone may be able to find someone to StreetPass every day, so Bravely Default has a way to get more friends faster! When saving at the Adventurer, Hit the Update Data button to connect to the internet. It will then upload your player data to the internet, and search for 3-5 random players around the world to StreetPass with. Any guests obtained this way will not only be added to your list of friends to summon, but they will also be added to your Norende town population!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dipped my toe back into Destiny last night. So much to do, so far behind, it's a bit overwhelming. And two expansions out already.
  • I'm towards the end of Osiris now and good God I'm bored. Don't know if I have the willpower to do Warmind too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!