Currently Playing
  • Another hour of A Way Out done, then a spot of Mudrunners in co-op.  Two loads of logs delivered in 80 minutes.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Two loads of logs delivered in 80 minutes.

Big dinner?
  • Was in the lobby for ages but I still ended up floundering in the bog.  

I'm not even sure if I like the game, we achieved next to nothing but it was fun.
  • So Earthbound *spoilers*

Me and crew, traversing the desert. ALL the things poison our asses, well ALL the scorpions.

Quickly we run out of anti-poison things. Get poisoned, reach a healer... Who can heal all the things BUT, you guessed it, poison. WHY BE SO CUNTY, EVEN BACK IN THE NINETIES?

It's been fun (mostly) but this may be destined for the 'given up on' thread.
  • H1Z1.
    Two wins tonight playing fives.
    With just me a mate and the fiancee who is really enjpying it.
    Great to finally have a game we can both enjoy together.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm playing a mix of Velocity 2x (Vita, more of the same having recently done the first, shinier but feeling samey beyond the platform bus which are not good), 140 (PS4, excellent first level, rhythm platform - string thumbs up so far), and SINKR (pc, yet another meh puzzler).
  • digi wrote:
    H1Z1.

Nice going, Davie. The PS4 version has exceeded my expectations so far, the streamlining and changes seem to work well for the platform. Only played a couple of hours of Combat Zone though, waiting 'til I can get the regular crew together before jumping into the BR.

• 140 looks good, might grab the Vita version.
  • Or maybe not.  Seems to be another one of those available for Vita games that isn't available on Vita.
  • Picked up Redout cheap via Humble as I had a hankering for some fresh future racer shenanigans. Can't quite believe I've slept on this, 'tis a mighty thing!

It runs smooth as you like with everything maxed on my laptop, the tracks and environments are stunning, the handling is flawless, the racing is challenging and stupidly fast, and the soundtrack owns. It's a real feast for the senses.

It's still early days and I've yet to discover any irritations, but so far this thing is giving me the same kinda feelz I got from F-Zero GX and Wipeout 2097 back in the day.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm going to Headingly for the cricket tomorrow as it's my birthday, to set the mood I've downloaded Don Bradman Cricket 17. As soon as you load it up there's a prompt saying they don't have a license for all of the teams/players/logos etc. but do allow players to create and share their own, and they recommend downloading and installing all the top rated ones created so far. I thought here we go, I'm going to spend an hour searching for every international and club team here and not even have time to play the fucking game, but no, it simply asks if you want to do that then does it all for you. It's all done in the time it's taken me to type this post, if it works I'm going to owe someone a sloppy blowie and am going to get on the phone to Konami so they can sort PES out once and for all.
  • Interesting Paul - very clever way of getting round the licensing nonsense
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The way things are going I'll be able to get plenty of this in tomorrow as the test match will be over today :(
  • digi wrote:
    H1Z1.

Nice going, Davie. The PS4 version has exceeded my expectations so far, the streamlining and changes seem to work well for the platform. Only played a couple of hours of Combat Zone though, waiting 'til I can get the regular crew together before jumping into the BR.
    Its good fun and has solo, doubles, fives too.
    We won in fives despite there being 3 of us and both my fiancee and friend dieing early i still went on to win.

https://youtu.be/rUbFfoMnMhA

Some of the chat is funny/terrible.
    Andys a new friend from destiny clan im in who seems to like to blow his own trumpet and repeat stuff we already said lol.

Shout me for some doubles sometime mostly pal!
  • Nicely done, Davie!  Those last two kills were great, especially the second to last one, awesome reactions.  I'll give you a shout if/when I can get away from Fortnite, Overwatch, and Rainbow 6 with the crew.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    140 looks good, might grab the Vita version.

You'd like it.

Cos it's short.
  • Great stuff there Davie. Enjoyed that.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yus, out of the:
    Spoiler:

End must be in sight now shirley.

• Ultimate NES Remix on 3DS.  Was struggling to pick my next portable game but this will do nicely.  Can't get the appeal (or the knack) of Dr. Mario and Zelda's a bit iffy condensed into small chunks, but the Balloon Fight/Mario challenges are decent.  I'm still terrible at 2D Mario though, it's a gaping hole my gaming skillset.
  • indigoDos wrote:
    So Earthbound *spoilers*

Me and crew, traversing the desert. ALL the things poison our asses, well ALL the scorpions.

Quickly we run out of anti-poison things. Get poisoned, reach a healer... Who can heal all the things BUT, you guessed it, poison. WHY BE SO CUNTY, EVEN BACK IN THE NINETIES?

It's been fun (mostly) but this may be destined for the 'given up on' thread.

I picked and choosed battles. Do you have a home base yet? I'm early doors myself.

AER memories of old started. Seems to fit the journey/ABZU mould. No bad thing.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • May not comes across but I do(mostly) love it.

About 10hrs in atm. It's gotten pretty weird, in a good way... I think.
  • So felt things were reaching their climax, googled it and omg:
    Spoiler:
  • Oddly, I'm getting really drawn into Skyrim VR. Frankly, it looks awful; regularly blurry, abysmal draw distance, blocky models and scenery... but swinging a sword about and pointing your magic where you want it has done the unthinkable and made the combat a laugh. Walking about is even a pleasure now. Not enough to trek across the map again, rather than fast traveling, but taking a trip to a new place isn't a chore any more.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Been playing some

Voyageur. Slightly like 80 days where humanity's only access to FTL technology is a one way trip towards the center of our galaxy. You visit planet after planet, trading and smuggling to try and stay solvent and just witnessing the strange human cultures that developed in isolation from one another.

Cultist Simulator. Manage your cosmic horror cult from a card table. Took a while to click but now I'm eager to study more into my chosen occult belief system FOR ULTIMATE WORLD SHAPING POWER while trying to avoid drawing the attention of hunters, the police and not losing my job as a business clerk by day.

God of War. That axe is lovely.
  • Been revisiting the Steam Link after optimising my router settings and placement....
    it's actually pretty good even though my pc is in another room connected wirelessly on the 2.5GHZ wifi. Steamlink is of course wired to the router for best results. Performance per game can differ but 900p/30Hz in house streaming is achievable most of the time. Not bad considering the gpu doesn't support streaming video output.

Can recommend the Steam Link wholehartedly now, best get it during a sale. If you're lucky you can pick it up for a fiver. Best bang for buck ever. Steam controller is nice too. It's a bit bulky but the touch pads are genius, I think I might prefer the right touchpad over a stick now.

Edit: I see that an update enabled an option for 4k in house streaming.
    No way my laptop 2.5ghz wifi card can handle that but it's nice the option's there for future proofing...
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Nicely done, Davie!  Those last two kills were great, especially the second to last one, awesome reactions.  I'll give you a shout if/when I can get away from Fortnite, Overwatch, and Rainbow 6 with the crew.

The second to last kill we're all becouse of the sound, i knew exactly where he were becouse of it, the sound design is excellent and sure helps.
    Always up for some games of anything with
    badgers.

g.man wrote:
    Great stuff there Davie. Enjoyed that.

Cheers g.
    Weren't even sure stormy would watch it so pleased you took the time too as well.

Ignore my horrible voice and enjoy my fiances tales of a kill and coming 7th by just driving in a circle ;)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Last Day of June - not yet convinced; others will like

GoNNER - not yet convinced; others will like
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Last Day of June - not yet convinced; others will like GoNNER - not yet convinced; others will like

LDoJ starts off a bit meh but then oh my it’s great and simple and there’ll be tears.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Still enjoying Bravely Default quite a bit.

Just started chapter 2, Flowren is quite an interesting town. Getting ready for a flower festival.

It does a lot right so far, rebuilding Norende is a smart way to let you decide for a little bit what kinda items /armour /weapons you unlock first, but it also gives you a reason to take a look at the game each day, to get extra villagers.

It auto saves on each floor of a dungeon, meaning you can play this for just 15 minutes and still make some progress.

Gameplay is decent, I think I have two people that unlocked all job skills, so thanks to abilink I can see (and use) the abilities I don't have yet, but also plan a little on how far to level them. Not feeling like I got a good combination going right now, but that might be because I haven't unlocked the more interesting jobs yet. Currently going with Knight, Monk, White Mage and Black Mage.

I've warmed towards the characters and story, it's not being too serious at all and I like the banter in part chat.

Happy that I started playing this, I know about the struggle from chapter 5 (I think) but that's ok. Seems the reward is worth it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So GoNNER might be quite good, I'm still not sure.  It certainly has me intrigued or something.

Might start a thread to invite others to help me work out what the fuck is going on with it and what all the different bits and bobs are cos it obfuscates up the wazoo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!