Currently Playing
  • Fancied it in a sale but it's not in a sale any more.  Looks good but rogue.

Edit GoNNEr
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I'm dubious about rogue. But it's more shmup than platformer, which maybe allows it to get away with it? Or maybe the whole game is just chaotic enough anyway!

The fact it was £2.09 on Steam allows an easier gamble, anyway...
  • I bought it on switch and really didn’t take to it
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Samus Returns doing very little for me so I've moved on to La-Mulana.

Played it a bit on Vita but have been thinking of getting it on PC for a few years.  Finally went for it and it's a lot nicer to play on a big screen.  Already completed two areas (one I hadn't complete before) and it won't be long before I move past where I go to on the Vita within a few days of playing.

Classic puzzle platformer.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    The 25th Ward: The Silver Case (PC)

Still haven't got any further than the start screen. This is the most banging thing Yamaoka's done in years.

It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Rainbow 6 Siege continues to delight and confound.  One session I'm a death dealing god, last man standing clutches abound and I'm showered with MVP accolades.  Next session I'm a turnip, dead constantly and zero kills.  A wonderful, frustrating game.  

Also started Warframe for the third time.  Was expecting to just fizzle out in a couple of hours like before, but something clicked and now I'm kind of addicted to the crazy movement.  I haven't had this much enjoyment traversing a map since Titanfall 2.  Fingers crossed for an absence of future fizzles.
  • Been giving the Switch some love.

Alternating between Mario Kart 8 mirror tracks.. The single play comes alive at the higher difficulties although there's still a fair amount of random teeth nashing last minute hiccups and Skyrim on switch which is of course brilliant.

And that Dung Beetle Postman thing.. got the slug blaster.. and enjoyed what I played. Seems better on the big screen. Don't really like pinball much though.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just started Salt and Sanctuary.
    It's gameplay is almost a 1on1 copy of Dark Souls.
    I even remapped the button layout like a Souls game as I found the default confusing.
    It's a good game, just not an original one.

Just defeated the first boss and unlocked a path to a village. Nice!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It does copy too much from Souls but is a good game in its own right too. Well worth a play through.
  • S&S is a fantastic game
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This evening's session... :)

astDelux.jpg
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Moar Eartbound.

17hrs in: imma persevere. Had I played back in the day I'd likely of been fonder but it'd never have been up there (in that rarefied atmosphere of two entities) with ALTTP and SMW.

It matters not, soon all will be one, all will be
    duh, duh, Duhn: Smash baby. Smash.

// called by Mario whenever HE fecking wants.
    public void smashEater (Games All_The_Games){

while(true){
      Smash Bros Ultimate += All_The_Games;
    }
    // absence of fucks given
    return null;
    }
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Eeeew, Egyptian.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's the future #mo
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I dived so deep into Cultist Simulator last night it was 4am, felt disgusted with myself and my useless believers couldn't stop getting killed trying to break into someone's not even that well guarded library.
  • Final Sanctuary am done. Yet, consulting my soundstone: it appears that I have missed  two earlier sanctuary dungeons along the way. 

Think I know where one is at least. The Yoonited States Amurica (Fuck Yeah!) will be saved from the things yet - possibly-er, mayber.
  • The Sexy Brutal (PS4)

You know how some games hand hold and constantly make sure you know what you're meant to doing? This is the opposite of that. I've probably spent about half my play time, do far, walking back and forth through empty rooms. There are icons on my map and I have absolutely no idea what they're for. Oh, and it's a bit buggy.

Music's damned catchy, though.
  • I've finished 2 episodes of Life Is Strange. Surprised that I'm still playing it and will probably see it through, because I'm not usually a fan of such dialogue heavy games, but it's a well told story and it's interesting seeing how decisions affect things later.

Still thin on gameplay though, with some pretty contrived situations used to get any kind of puzzle element involved at all. Plus the whole thing it tells you about 'choosing wisely' at the start is bullshit - all you can really do is go with your instincts, be as nosy as possible, and hope it works out. Without knowing what's coming there's no wisdom involved.
  • Earthbound, and it does not want to end.

Looked it up, I'm at the final push. Enemies here are vicious-brutale, one-shotting my crew like it ain't-no-thang. We may be under-levelled for this bs. I do pity the fool who didn't create a save state before coming to this awful, charcoal space.

Earth may yet fall to Heir Pokey et al.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    In between Cultist Simulator I've had at Prey's new DLC, Mooncrash. The roguelite-(like?) elements aren't that overbearing since the 5 different characters you can pick retain their unlocked neuromod skills on your next runs and collecting fabrication plans allows you to purchase that equipment at the start with simpoints you earn from objectives and slaying typhon. THe different characters generally favour specific playstyles and I'm enjoying the psychic slaughterer escaped prisoner that I didn't really indulge in the main game.

What I like most is that eventually you're expected to complete a "run" with all five characters, one after the other. There's a time limit associated through a single run and 5 levels of difficulty, escalating as the clock ticks. Spawning more enemies and making them tougher. Once you loot an area it's gone for good so I'm looking forward to planning which characters to escape with first and thinking about whether I should leave that in-good-nick shotgun to the character who'd make better use of it.

It's also nice it has a bit of a plot to it separate from Talos. It's not just a glorified mod. There's even a couple of new enemies and new weapons. GLOO-Grenades, Gloo Turrets, typhon eggnades that spawn tentacles.
  • Three stages done in Unravel Two.  The first game gets flak for being a bit floaty/loose, which are valid criticisms in fairness but it got a huge pass from me for the laid back gorgeousness of it all.  This one is noticeably tighter - don't go in expecting Meat Boy, it's still more of a Limbo thing than a proper platformer - but the co-op works perfectly.  The puzzles are well designed so far, not taxing but nicely set out and fun to solve.  See-saws, push blocks, swinging over gaps and all the to-be-expected stuff, but also slightly more unusual tasks like creating diversions.  It's still a breeze to progress but it's also an absolute joy and very highly recommended for badgers looking for a spot of couch co-op with younger kids.  Lovely stuff, and not a post-apocalyptic gun battle in sight.  Also gets a huge amount of bonus points for seemingly not requiring an R2 button (rope swing) for both players, as I've only got one pad and a Vita.  Clearly an accident, but a happy one.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain.

Because a) it was on "the list", as I've played and completed MGS 1 to 4, and b) it was the freebie on Xbox Live.

So far it's good. Proper MGS crazy without it descending into nonsense. (I'm looking at you, MGS 2). Solid mechanics, and the base management/open-world stuff works. The management stuff is deep without being unfathomable, and it doesn't get in the way of, y'know, the actual MGS part of the game.

But there are minor bugbears. I've had Snake take a tank shell to the noggin, with the only result being Ocelot telling me on the radio (without a hint of irony) that I might want to think about applying first aid. Later on, Snake dies instantly to a 12 foot drop. Snake is more mobile than ever, but some rocks prove utterly unassailable to him - he's the greatest soldier in the world, but he can't handle a small incline.

So far, good, and I'm going to keep playing. But I'm waiting for the wheels to fall off.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • There are a handful of missions where it falls apart, don't hesitate to use a guide for them.
  • Tempy wrote:
    There are a handful of missions where it falls apart, don't hesitate to use a guide for them.

I got as far as the mission
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Noted, cheers.

I will admit I have cracked out the ol' web browser once, for a "find the blueprint" mission. I'd been wandering around the same village for about an hour. I assumed the top secret document would be in the most heavily fortified building. Turns out it was in a random shack on the out skirts.

Because Kojima, I guess.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • It's a great game gameplay wise. Story's bonkers and it gets a bit repeative
    The Forum Herald™
  • I sucked at it and gave up. Didn't even get to the base management.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It's a great game gameplay wise. Story's bonkers and it gets a bit repeative

It'd have to try pretty hard to beat MGS 2. But as long as no one tries to tell me about an incestuous relationship while we're fleeing an impending nuclear explosion, I reckon I'll be able to forgive it some repetition.
  • It can get repetitive, but there are so many different tools and ways to play at your disposal it'll be an age before you've tried them all. And, crucially, many of them are great fun to play with. (See how many non-lethal ways you can incapacitate a guard, for example.)

Even the missions themselves can be done in multiple ways, none of which are clearly spelled out (not like a Deus Ex where there's a stealth path, a shooty path etc.) but naturally intergrated based on your surroundings and loadout. And take a look at the optional objectives in each mission after completing one - depending which ones you choose to do you'll have to approach things differently.

There are a few poor missions and narrative bumps, but it's the best game of the generation IMO. And the fulton extraction, scanning and buddy systems put it head and shoulders above any other stealth game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, I noticed that a full list of optional objectives only comes up after you've done each mission. If you're a hardcore completionist, this could be the end of you. It's a clever idea, and I especially like completing the unknown objectives before I'm told what they are.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!