Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh dear, I've just dropped hard cash on the Expansion pass too! Aren't TC raiding anymore (haven't been back in the thread yet, even that seems a task).
  • Warmind was more enjoyable than Osiris but neither campaign was as good as the latter D1 campaigns IMO.

However, all the extra stuff that comes with finishing Warmind is awesome. Lots to do and grind but in a good way. It's got me back on board.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Always loved the gunplay and engrams so if nothing else I'll enjoy that. Hopefully, can get on some raids once I'm worthy.
  • People are still raiding and doing strikes. Just think the enthusiasm for D2 is not what it was for D1.
  • Boris hit me up for raids im helping organise some clan stuff on band (not related to tc) but myself and zinthos are always about and knuckle (ex from here) and lee are about a load too.
    Team Clueless is a bit all over atm.

Also skip osiros and do warmind then return to osiros to get more powerful gear.
    (infusion material)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah, I lost interest quick tbf Skondo, but I do like the game and had some great times (admittedly generally laughing at TC).

Cheers Davie. I'm only 250 at the mo, so need a bit more to be raid worthy. Will have a bash tonight, then will be around bank holiday Monday night and most of next week in the week. Should be able to be ready by next Tuesday night for the reset. Issue will be getting Xur on a Saturday as I'm usually at the lady's, but figured Remote Play via the Mac should be good enough to go and grab stuff. (Assuming that Xur is still a thing).
  • Xur is still a thing. And I think he stays till reset on Tuesday now as well. 

Pop over to the Destiny thread and ask away mate.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I think re: the AR stuff, there are occasional cut scenes where the Fairy will fly around your living room and talk to you, and you can track her with your 3DS's camera.  Remember it being pretty neat but nothing essential.

Didn't find any secret weapons or tricks early.  Found it was worth switching jobs pretty regularly early on since you can mix and match different abilities with different jobs.  I'm sure there are some handy guides to make sure your party is always balanced properly, but the game wasn't TOO difficult just trying different things.  

Also don't forget to change encounter rates if you're struggling in a dungeon, or feel like having a grind!  Can also change difficulty without it affecting anything, from memory.

Really good game only the dialogue can be a little wordy, and there was a stretch a fair way in that dragged on for way too long.  Worth pushing on if you like the combat/party setup though and it has a fantastic ending.

EDIT: Game also has some cool street pass functionality that is pretty much impossible to find in real life now.  From IGN:

Not everyone may be able to find someone to StreetPass every day, so Bravely Default has a way to get more friends faster! When saving at the Adventurer, Hit the Update Data button to connect to the internet. It will then upload your player data to the internet, and search for 3-5 random players around the world to StreetPass with. Any guests obtained this way will not only be added to your list of friends to summon, but they will also be added to your Norende town population!
    Am about 5 hours into it now, it's starting to grow on me.

I just got my fifth job asterisk, so I'm probably able to start playing with them a bit more. The menus are a bit confusing still, with being able to set a second job and give an extra ability and all that. Apart from cure and thunder I haven't really used any job related moves yet, all just the regular attacks, nicely stacked with Brave.

I've set the encounter rate to -100% a couple times now, mainly when I just wanted to get to a chest or the adventurer quickly. That's a really nice feature.

The voice acting is pretty bad, black mage being actually really bad (with the stutter), so this might be the first time I'm skipping as soon as I've read the dialogue. Usually I'm polite enough to let everyone finish their sentences, but that's just asking too much in this game.

I'm doing the Update Data thing first thing when I start the game, think Norende has about 12 villagers now, I usually see a couple of things build to completion during a play session.
    About the summon friend option, can you only summon them once? I've tried it a couple times, but the ones I used seem to stay grayed out. I've also no clue what those SP points are supposed to do, I know you can pay for them or earn them by using the 3DS sleep mode.

It's a fun game so far, and when I showed it to B he actually got jealous, as he'd love to play something with this artstyle but he doesn't do handheld gaming. Hopefully that means a copy of Octopath Traveler is locked in.
  • Hotline Miami 2 has wormed its way into my good books.  It's a huge drop off from the genuinely almost perfect original and there are a number of missteps dragging it down to a [7]ish, but it's still HM, and some of it is still superb.  Roller Mobster ftw.
  • Music is superior*, which is saying something.

* because there is more top quality stuff in there
  • One of the stages I just finished (or maybe the one I'm stuck on) has a Terminator motif going on - not the main theme, but the running through the alley one.
  • Started MGSV:TTP

God I wish I was better at this. It is clearly a fantastic game but I absolutely suck at it.
    In my hands the ultimate black ops soldier is more like a drunk Mr Blobby.

You can go pretty slow early and fuck about with side missions and roaming to get better.

You'll be fine.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah, hoping I get the time to get back on it this weekend.
    I just need a bit of practice and to get used to the controls a bit.
  • PlayStation VR Worlds.

Eyes fog up too easily, I keep hitting the light and I've just knocked a cup of tea on the floor. I'm also now unable to focus on anything more than a foot away.
  • Them sound like famous last words!

Wonder if any peeps have got over-excited in VR, slipped, and accidentally ended themselves.

Media would have likely been in a frenzy after but I'm sure there have been a fair few injuries.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    First thing I did trying a mate's PSVR was seeing how quickly I could bring on debilitating nausea.
  • Just done the London Heist one. Bit in the van was wicked, shooting ranges aren't bad. Everything slowly getting blurrier as you play is compete arse.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, having a bright screen a coupe of inches from my face, shining in my eyes, had cured my tiredness.
  • Oh dear, it's really very easy to lose time in those things, isn't it?

• mirror drop - beautiful, clever and free. And trippy.
  • Seriously, it's very beautiful and very clever and very free. And very trippy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Can you lemme know what kinda game it is cos it just looks like sweet visuals in that
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    £5.79 isn't free
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah non steam linky. Hmm.
  • It's a puzzle game and it's the tenniest tenny ten thing ever. For me, anyways. 

The mechanics are simple but clever, it's the mirrors that make you think and being disoriented is part of the joy. Been a while since a game felt this mind-blowing. Portal was probably the last.
  • It'll test your PC, DS, but it might send you back into the fluffy green embrace of weed.
  • So Nintentards, they say that SMW is platforming perfection, that its secret filled, multi branching world design is genius-tier, not to mention the art and sound etc , etc design.

To said Nintentards, I can only vehemently say: 

It is ridiculous.. and still the GOAT.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    trippy wrote:
    It'll test your PC, DS, but it might send you back into the fluffy green embrace of weed.

Okay its downloading lad I'll give it a whirl when I get a 20 bag in a couple weeks.
  • What's a Nintentards?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!