Currently Playing
  • trippy wrote:
    What's a Nintentards?

In this case, I believe it's an attempt at satire.
  • I’d say Nintards. Rolls off the tongue better.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I like the way 'Nintentard' is closer to 'Nintendo' but it is a bit verbose.

Nintard is more succinct and we do live in abbreviated times.
  • indigoDos wrote:

Nintard is more succinct and we do live in abbreviated times.
    Shorten it to "reg" then.

;)
  • Mario World speedrunners and suchlike.
  • All the PSVR demos. There are so goddamn many worth a go. I've got Rez and Superhot sitting, waiting for me, but it's so much easier to try another demo, rather than taking the headset of to put a disc in.
  • Nina wrote:
    The voice acting is pretty bad, black mage being actually really bad (with the stutter), so this might be the first time I'm skipping as soon as I've read the dialogue. Usually I'm polite enough to let everyone finish their sentences, but that's just asking too much in this game.
    Yeah, definitely the week point of the game.  It's verbose even when you expect that kind of thing in a JRPG.  Nothing wrong with skipping here, if you think you've got the gist of what a conversation is already about.
    Nina wrote:
    About the summon friend option, can you only summon them once? I've tried it a couple times, but the ones I used seem to stay grayed out. I've also no clue what those SP points are supposed to do, I know you can pay for them or earn them by using the 3DS sleep mode. It's a fun game so far, and when I showed it to B he actually got jealous, as he'd love to play something with this artstyle but he doesn't do handheld gaming. Hopefully that means a copy of Octopath Traveler is locked in.

Yeah friend summons are a one-time deal I think, though you will get new ones with each new friend you get from uploading when you save.

SP points let you interrupt an enemies turn when you press l+r together.  

Didn't really use either (I turned the difficulty down when things got too tough!); I'm hopeless with using consumable JPRG items.

And yeah it's a lovely looking game; really the sort of thing that looks fantastic with the 3d turned on, nice pop-up book/diorama effect.  Good to read you're enjoying it so far!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Super Castlevania is not quite how I (very fondly) remember it. Visually some levels hold up better than others with the Mode7 - that used to make smelly Megadrive owners cry -
    looking rough where once they impressed.

Gameplay wise it's still solid while those tunes are just as memorable as ever. This one goes in the 'aged well, will replay' column of the 'Snes-mini' table.
  • Dark Souls3 (W10)
    The game which makes my pc cry. Stuggles to run at 720p/25fps with frequent drops to sub 20fps.
    Strange as DS2 had no such problems and was optimised as fuck. Could easily hit 1080p/60hz with that one.
    DS3 is a great game though. Stuck at the hub atm and grinding for the key to the tower.

Wolfenstein- The new order (W10)
    Just started this but the opening is promising.
    Shooting nazi robots is.....novel.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm on handheld in Ireland. Going to finish the many Vita have I've previously stated. First up, Velocity Ultra. Quite enjoying it really, hoping I don't need to grind for XP to unlock the last few levels...
  • Is ultra the first or second one?  Expect a grind if the latter.  Dunno about the first as I never finished it,
  • Skyrim VR

It really shows how low res the PSVR is, people in the middle distance are just a jumble of pixels. Control options are appreciated, though. Enjoying it so far, despite running about like a drunkard.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Badland is on PS+, and runs on Vita, but I still don't fancy it.  I expect I'll play it at some point as the well is running dry, but it looks pretty standard last gen indie fodder.

And now I'm playing it.  Only half an hour in, but I don't mind it at all.
  • 8 hours to finish though, really? (I'm on HLTB again).  NOPE.  It's surprisingly good, but I can't do this for three weeks worth of train journeys. 

Back to the GBA Micro tomorrow I think.
  • Yeah, it's very much a mobile game that got above it's station, that. Good for the occasional blast, while waiting for the train, say, but nothing that'd stand up to continued play.
  • Doom on switch is quite jolly
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m pretty sure that’s the first time Doom has ever been described as ‘jolly’.
  • I kinda is, though; it's all "Boom! Boom! I'm a fucking space marine, y'all!" childish silliness.
  • It's mindless trigger happy tv escapism.
  • The little wobbleheads are jolly.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tearing the heads off the fuckers is quite the delight
  • Jolly as in enjoyable nonsense

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Then yes
  • Yoku's Island Express.  It's the pinball Ori/Hydroventure hybrid you never knew you needed.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yoku's Island Express.  It's the pinball Ori/Hydroventure hybrid you never knew you needed.
    So that's turned out well too huh. Indies really doing the business recently.
  • Samus Returns.  30 mins in.  Not sure about it yet.

EDIT: another 30 mins. Growing on me.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yoku's Island Express.  It's the pinball Ori/Hydroventure hybrid you never knew you needed.
    I just bought doom and Ikaruga and now I am going to have to buy this also

• Gears 4 innit.

I love John DiMaggio, he is the voice of some of my favourite characters and in past games he has nailed Fenix as well.
    However he seems to have attempted to alter the voice to match Fenix's age in this one, unfortunately the result is a slightly horse Kevin from The Office U.S.
  • So the post-game God of War has a precedent I'd forgotten, its:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!