Currently Playing
  • back to ori and the blind forrest which I only got about half way through last time before pc packed in.
    Its nice in all but hollow knight makes it look a little dated
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It'll be interesting to see if/how they step it up in the sequel
  • Didn't know there was a follow up but there is:

• Recent Edge preview was quite positive. Better combat and more of a carve your own path thing (exploration and upgrades), while retaining the tight controls and luvverly visuals.
  • was going to say the visuals look great but then so did the original

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    The best part of Isaac is when you're still unlocking new things right and left. Enjoy!
    I feel like that will keep going for a while. I just did challenge 16 (computer savvy or something, supposed to be an easy one) and that unlocked something, not even sure if it's an enemy or a friendly thing. Looking at my item list I haven't even seen half of them.

It's such a great game and it seems to put my mind in a peaceful state. Love it.
  • There are a fuck ton of items, I can recommend http://platinumgod.co.uk/ to help with remembering stuff
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm using that. Think DS or you posted it in the Isaac thread, which I've carefully studied after a couple runs.

I'm still surprised how little amount of people were actually active in that thread, always thought the game was bigger on here. You, Roujin and DS have done some good work by mentioning the game so often.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I feel I should play this game
    You should. If for no other reason than to help me work out how to write a code that breaks down into its prime factors any number fed into it. (Thank fuck that’s an optional level.)

@andy - Having said I was giving up for the night, I actually cracked on, and have now done this :-)

I can PM/spoiler my approach, if you're interested.  It was... not hugely close to the target optimizations though lol
  • We’re now thread-spreading but, no, thanks, I’d like to work it out for myself somehow. I did 2.5km in the pool on Sunday, thinking about the last level, so I’ll do a few length contemplating the prime one soon.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    NP mum's the word, and good luck / happy swimming :-D
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Into the Breach. Had a rough start due to being shit but still enjoyed it despite that. I was going through a much better phase recently but just fucked it by choosing a new squad that are no good (for me at least) so think it's going to be a new timeline and another squad.

I still haven't managed to complete more than two islands so would like to beat all four at least once before heading to the final encounter. It's certainly a cracker though, bloody devious at times but all the more enjoyable for it.
  • Blackwoods Crossing, which is a mixture of not great and very, very good so far. Might get a chance to finish it this evening.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is it about the guy in The Apprentice?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Double post.
  • Look at me not touching that :)

So I've got Spiderman in the house, which isn't really mine but I can't get it to my colleague until after my week off.  Not sure whether to give it a few hours now, knowing I'll be switching to Red Dead first thing Friday morning (and not getting Spidey back until next year probably).  Not got anything on at the moment though, so I do need to start something new.  Might go for Mark of the Ninja.  DILEMMA.
  • Go for Mark of the Ninja.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Mark of the ninja is amazing.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • It is, I did most of it on 360. Already started Spiderman though. Good so far, but it turns out I'm not really in the mood for it as I'm so hyped for RDR.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Decided to use the ps4 for something else than Netflix so finally took the MHW disc out and started Horizon Zero Dawn .

Felt like I needed something with a bit more story next to Isaac and Thumper.

As soon as the first big fight
    Spoiler:
    showed up I decided to switch the difficulty to easy. Didn't like the controls at all and I got MHGU for my epic fights. Just to many buttons, L2 to aim, R2 to shoot, R3 to slow down and R stick to position camera. What a mess. Beautiful mess though, but for me personally it's a bit too busy. I often don't see the herds and need to scan all the time, which slows things down quite a bit.

I also felt a bit let down when I tried to climb the first rock... BotW really spoiled me.

We'll see how far I get, B really enjoys me playing it and that's worth something too. He keeps on giving me tips I'm not asking for and can't help but watch when a cutscene or anything else happens. I can feel he's still proud of the game (despite the flaws).
  • Skill Daze Reskooled on Android and IOS. Reboot of Skill Daze and Back 2 Skool from C64 Speccy days and where my Avatar and name came from. Horendous graphical reboot aside and the fact this doesn't support a controller this is a decent remake. Gameplay holding up incredibly well so far...
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Anyone playing throne breaker (Gwent single player RPG)? Played a bit of it last night and seems top notch

• Eric wrote:
    Skill Daze Reskooled on Android and IOS. Reboot of Skill Daze and Back 2 Skool from C64 Speccy days and where my Avatar and name came from. Horendous graphical reboot aside and the fact this doesn't support a controller this is a decent remake. Gameplay holding up incredibly well so far...
    Just had a look, I used to love this game back in the day. The original is on the app store
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sold on the Skool Daze remaster. I never had a Speccy so only ever had quick blasts of this at friends’ houses. Interested to try it properly.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Was playing some more Horizon Zero Dawn and now I'm in a bad mood when I want to go to bed.

I really started to enjoy it the last couple days, but just had a fight with a big group where I ran out of green stamina so couldn't do a quick d pad up press to heal. Means I need to press left / right on the d pad to select a potion. While clicking L3 to run. While using the R stick to rotate the camera to see where all the beasts are. I of course died and that's annoying me. That felt way too complicated and I hope it's a one off.
  • Moss. It's excellent. It'd be a fairly average game, albeit with great presentation, on a TV but having the little mouse running about in front of you, leaning around corners to find secrets, and things like that really elevate it.
  • Oh, and another great thing about VR is that I can't hear the Pro doing it's best to take off.
  • Hope the pro is serving you well AJ

• Skyrim is much less blurry, so it's definitely doing what I wanted it for. Hopefully the neighbors can't hear the TV up loud when I'm playing Spider-Man in the middle of the night. ;)
  • Started Death's Gambit.
    I think it'll be enjoyable, but christ on a bike, forget worrying about lazy comparisons, It's fan fic Dark Souls. 

Literally everything so far has been straight from the playbook, right down to look of menus, especially at the bonfire equiv. 

I lolled hard when a bunch of baddies in front of me got wiped out by a dragon spraying fire.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!