Currently Playing
  • regmcfly wrote:
    The Torna expansion in XC2 continues to deliver and continues to stop me from playing any other game. Loving everything, from the nods to lore in the main game, to the remixing of the overworld theme.

My pile o' Switch shame is growing, but I'd be interested in your thoughts when it's done.
  • Started last day of june. Could be a good un.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Trying to get back into Fire Emblem Awakening. Think I'm around chapter 6, I remember getting stuck there. Picked up a side quest story line, with a lot of effort I managed to get a win, then realizing I didn't pick up the glowing tiles. Makes me want to restart the whole game but that would be madness. Hopefully I didn't miss out on more stuff in that quest.

Feels good to be back though.
  • Human Resource Machine
    Specifically year 36. Which, admittedly, is one of the optional years which they point out is particularly hard, but it’s driving me barmy. I feel a real sense of achievement when I find a solution in this game, but it’s also deeply frustrating when you think you’ve got it, and then the inspector says, “Yeah, your code works for that particular set of inputs, but it wouldn’t work every time. Allow me to demonstrate.” It’s great when you then think, “ah ha!” but the inspector for this level has just done it to me thrice in a row.

Potential spoilers:
    Spoiler:
  • YYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Did it.

Spoiler:

I appreciate a lot of this is nonsense unless you’ve played it.
  • Andy wrote:
    YYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!! Did it.
    Spoiler:
    I appreciate a lot of this is nonsense unless you’ve played it.

Good work!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Aaand I just managed to make the code slightly more efficient, so I met both the ‘optimiser’ challenges for that level.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I feel I should play this game
  • Have you ever considered paying a Zachtronics game Muzzzz
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have played SpaceChem (and briefly lost my life to it) and Infinifactory and one of their "coding" ones. They were all excellent but very brain consuming. Daren't try opus or their other new coding one, feels to you open ended fit my liking, I prefer a tight puzzle (ideally with ~single solution).

I've realised I think I own HRF in some form, just need to remember which. Humble maybe.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I feel I should play this game

You should. If for no other reason than to help me work out how to write a code that breaks down into its prime factors any number fed into it. (Thank fuck that’s an optional level.)
  • I got really into HRM when it first came out. Totally forgot about it though, need to go back.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ah mystery solved. I kinda own it but it didn't work... To PM!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Mystery solved! Sir @Birdorf has delivered :-D
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I have played SpaceChem (and briefly lost my life to it) and Infinifactory and one of their "coding" ones. They were all excellent but very brain consuming. Daren't try opus or their other new coding one, feels to you open ended fit my liking, I prefer a tight puzzle (ideally with ~single solution).

I've realised I think I own HRF in some form, just need to remember which. Humble maybe.

A puzzle with only one solution is usually pretty dull? In a game context that is. The appeal of Zachtronics stuff seems to be on reducing footprints and cycles etc, I can only observe though as I am bad at them.

Maybe you should try Stephen’s Sausage Roll?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I've had my eye on that for a while
  • Viva Pinata for the first time, with 4 year old daughter! Life is good
  • I once dated a girl who got the 1000 cheevos on that...
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Finally did chapter 6 in Fire Emblem Awakening. No one even close to dying this time. Had done a challenge and side quest to gain some levels, but poor Donnel just doesn't get it. Frederick is always there for a kill or two though.
    Had my first weapons break, something new to figure out. Are they forever lost?

Also playing The Binding of Isaac on Switch. Killed mom a couple days ago, today was the second time I managed to kill her (thank you Bible) and I went into even more darkness. So that's my second set of credits on that one. Have a lot of love for the game, it's just too good and it's still opening up. Don't have all the characters yet, haven't really tried any of the challenges and watching @Roujin's highlights on YouTube shows there's a lot more to come.
    I thought I was going to get frustrated by the rng, but it's actually quite stress relieving. You know that there's always a chance of getting better stuff if a build isn't that great, and it's not your fault anyway. Apart from when you kill yourself by walking over pins on your way to mom after just having found the Bible.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I always forget how OP the Bible is in the very early game
  • Yeah I totally forgot bible killed mom until Nina mentioned it!!!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I always forget how OP the Bible is

Art imitating life.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wouldn't have known it if Tempy hadn't mentioned it in the Isaac thread.

Getting better at reaching the first mom battle now, also almost beat challenge #16. Which is the one with laser and spoonbender and is just a lot of fun after a bad run.

Only 20 hours in so just starting.
  • Bit more Rime. Might have the most impressive night-sky in gaming. 

GTSport: After months of tapping away at the odd race + selling some of my fancy (so long La Ferrari :() motors, I reached the 10 million credits goal; enough to buy an Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 '65. 

Racing it around Monza now. All worth it.
  • The best part of Isaac is when you're still unlocking new things right and left. Enjoy!
    I win... in the most minor way possible.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    i am onto the last (non-optional) level of HRM. Wish me luck.

I think i will then go back and try the optional stuff (and optimizations...)
  • I'm up to chapter four of The Banner Saga.  I want to like it, but the battle system hasn't grabbed me yet - it's interesting enough but not particularly moreish.  Will persevere, then take a long break before episode 2.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'll probably like it then
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Woo but 
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!