Currently Playing
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows.  Although I rate Thief as my favourite game and have played many fan missions, I've always avoided the 3rd game.  Always ran like crap, and the loading zones absolutely ruined the experience.

God like people have since fixed the performance and the stupid character animations (looked like fields were being played the wrong way for those of you who remember interlacing), removed the "I'm a console game" vivid highlighting of objects, doors, etc, and got rid of the load zones in the main missions.

And it's actually a reasonable game now.  Still not in the same league as the first two but not bad so far.
  • Bought this on sale the other day. No it’s terrible. Dated in so many ways

Paid £4 felt ripped off
    The Forum Herald™
  • The 3rd game or the more recent thief (the one that stopped people hating the 3rd one)?

Go to ttlg and install the thief 3 mods. Won’t massively improve the game if you don’t like it already though.
  • The cradle.....
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I was disappointed to see that level right near the end
  • With ashen done, I needed another non Rogue to be going on with.

Started Seven: Days long gone.

Barely out of the tutes, but it could be something.

Heavy on the RPG, a lot of old school mechanics and platforming with a diablo view means it shouldn't work. But it's USP appears to be its ability to disappear the landscape so you can see in real time when you move camera.

Appears to be very open and deep.

Fingers crossed it holds up.

Also, dipping toe back into dark souls 3. It's kicking my ass and reminding me how much tighter it's controls are than ashen.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bloodborne (again, thanks Mikemsp).

Father Gascoigne down on about the seventh attempt overall, not as bad as I'd feared but my heart was actually beating a fair bit harder by the end of the fight.

Oil and fire, baby, oil and fire. Time for the cycle of pain to begin anew.
  • Glad to hear it, keep it up, it truly is a game worth persevering with, once it clicks fully it is an experience  like no other. The dlc also is up there, if not beyond the Artorias DLC from Dark Souls.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Started Broforce on Switch yesterday. It's bloody great fun so far, lots of nice little touches and raised a few chuckles. The levels are just starting to get a bit trickier so hoepfully a bit of challenge to it.

I did wonder if the option to switch between the bros for particular sections would be better than cycling through them randomly but I guess maybe that's part of the difficulty. Either way, really enjoying it so far.
  • I think it's good that it forces you to use them all, rather than stick with a few standard ones. Some of them are pretty crap, but then can be surprisingly useful in the right situation and you probably wouldn't have tried them by choice.
  • I've started Into the Breach. The sale price was too hard to resist. I still need to play Zelda, but it's probably best to leave that till the weekends so I can focus on it properly.

Done an hour of ITB so far and it seems like my kind of thing.
  • Observer.

Not sure what to make of it so far. Overall, the graphics work is pretty good, and the use of the controller speaker is surprisingly effective, but some of this acting is really, really bad and it can be pretty stuttery at points.
  • I really enjoyed it.
    Headache inducing though.
  • I played it for an hour or so.  I'll go back to it at some point but I was definitely in the don't know what to make of it camp.
  • Facewon wrote:
    With ashen done, I needed another non Rogue to be going on with.

Started Seven: Days long gone.

Barely out of the tutes, but it could be something.

Heavy on the RPG, a lot of old school mechanics and platforming with a diablo view means it shouldn't work. But it's USP appears to be its ability to disappear the landscape so you can see in real time when you move camera.

Appears to be very open and deep.

Fingers crossed it holds up.

Also, dipping toe back into dark souls 3. It's kicking my ass and reminding me how much tighter it's controls are than ashen.

Anyone else dabbled? Some really strange choices going on. Apparently reloading a quick save means you get electrocuted (in game. ;))

And I'm quick saving a lot, because the shit fight that happens when stealth fails is insta death.

There appears to be the potential for old school dues ex/hitman variety, but hmmmmm.

The hold a to climb and hold b to crouch/tap to roll functions seem a little flakey too.

Anyone else played for more than an hour?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    I think it's good that it forces you to use them all, rather than stick with a few standard ones. Some of them are pretty crap, but then can be surprisingly useful in the right situation and you probably wouldn't have tried them by choice.

Slow reply sorry but that's kind of what I was getting at. If you had the option to choose a bro for those specific situations, and assuming there were sections designed where all had to be used (though not necessarily all in one level), it would add another strand of strategy rather than cycling through via death.

RE Into the Breach - it actually took me a few hours to click with it but since then I've been full on obsessed. Finished the campaign countless times and now just trying to clean up the achievements. Hands down GOTY for me.
  • Yakuza0 (w10)
    Still loving it but the karaoke sections have got me stumped. I'm shit at it, a karaoke bozo. I need either more practice or more booze to get better. That real estate lizard guy is kicking my arse:-(

Quantum Break(w10)
    Very pretty game by Remedy. The time effects are neat and the action is polished. I like how the game tries to mimic a TV show complete with AAA cast which must've cost a small fortune. It certainly looks the part. Luckily the gameplay holds up so far. Better than their previous work Alan Wake.
  • Denuvo has been removed from Dishonoured 2 so, being the flitty tart that I am, Thief: Deadly Shadows has been ditched for the time being.
  • hunk wrote:
    Yakuza0 (w10) Still loving it but the karaoke sections have got me stumped. I'm shit at it, a karaoke bozo. I need either more practice or more booze to get better. That real estate lizard guy is kicking my arse:-( Quantum Break(w10) Very pretty game by Remedy. The time effects are neat and the action is polished. I like how the game tries to mimic a TV show complete with AAA cast which must've cost a small fortune. It certainly looks the part. Luckily the gameplay holds up so far. Better than their previous work Alan Wake.

Quantum break is great, I enjoyed Alan Wake more though for its atmosphere. Though who can forget the classic ‘I’m Alan Wake, i’m a writer’.....*shoots his way through a small army* brilliant.

• A CANDY COLOURED CLOWN THEY CALL THE SANDMAN...

Sums up Alan Wake for me, I loved it. Best example of popular music used for a game imo.
  • And Kassabian in American Nightmare was the worst.
  • Ohhhh shit yeah I forgot about the music! My *moment* like that was Nick Cave - Up jumped the Devil

• I have finished Alan Wake and really liked it.
    I still haven't touched American nightmare tho.. Is it worth playing or should I move on?
  • Is anyone playing Mutant Year Zero? If so, is it alot like x-com?
  • I haven't played it, but from what I've read it seems so, yes.
  • If you search ‘mutant’ you’ll find at least one post by @aaroncupboard about it.
  • Hellblade - Loving the atmosphere and the audio. Not quite so keen on the shape finding door puzzles.
  • Andy wrote:
    If you search ‘mutant’ you’ll find at least one post by @aaroncupboard about it.

You called?!?!
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Is anyone playing Mutant Year Zero? If so, is it alot like x-com?

Yep like an easier X-Com in that it is less punishing and instead of randomly generated missions, you have a storyline and more linear storyline to play through.

The biggest difference though is that the movement outside of combat isn’t based on grids and is just normal movement. Allows you to set up stealth ambushes and collect resources before instigating full combat, where it switches to the grid based tactical play.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • It's also digital only at this stage, which is odd considering it's £30ish.
  • It's on Gamepass if that is an option.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!