Currently Playing
  • At this stage nothing would surprise me.
  • Skies of Fury DX. Polished and fun, but not to be binged on imo. I'll probably do single chapters between other games. Not a clue how the hell this worked on mobile phones.
  • Conversely, I was binging on it at the weekend. Loved it.
  • Looks great too, and I've had no stutters undocked.  

How's Ori treating you, @Dark Soldier?

Edit: Does that still work as an @ with the space?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No, which is why you can’t create usernames without spaces.
  • It doesn't work full stop for me, I'm happy to say.
  • But....DS has a space.  So does Diluted Dante.
  • Whereas myself and Matt_82 do not.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They weren’t created with spaces in, Petey added the spaces in the backend afterwards.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not played any more Moot, been busy recently, but I'm defo heading back to it once back home
  • Unexpectedly lacking in new stuff to play. My copy of Resi 2 still hasn't arrived (stupid Cypriot postal system again) and a new game I was waiting to review has been delayed.

So, I guess I'll grab something cheap to while away a few hours. Not sure quite what though. To the sales.
  • Or not. More Bayonetta 2 it is.
  • No, it isn't. Now burning through Futuregrind.
  • Just unlocked the third and fourth areas in Baba is You. It's killing me, I'm doing the bare minimum required to advance but it's not like I'm not trying to do more, I just keep exhausting all other possibilities. Everything feels unpossible until the second it clicks, and some solutions still feel like a big ask when broken down. Clearly a very good game, bit not something I'm enjoying per se. I can happily smash my head against a brick wall until it breaks in a platformer but waiting for the penny to drop in such a devious puzzle game is excruciating at times, and it's only going to get tougher.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I need to get back into it
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It was meaning my brain hurt when I stopped to, on the edge of pain vs pleasure...
  • Metro Exodus and Slay The Spire.

One franchise that is creeping up my flawed gem hit list, and one game that is racing up my all time list.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Just unlocked the third and fourth areas in Baba is You. It's killing me, I'm doing the bare minimum required to advance but it's not like I'm not trying to do more, I just keep exhausting all other possibilities. Everything feels unpossible until the second it clicks, and some solutions still feel like a big ask when broken down. Clearly a very good game, bit not something I'm enjoying per se. I can happily smash my head against a brick wall until it breaks in a platformer but waiting for the penny to drop in such a devious puzzle game is excruciating at times, and it's only going to get tougher.
    I had sessions where I barely made any progress and others where a string of puzzles just clicked. Towards the end I was just going from puzzle to puzzle of all the ones I had unsolved and spending 5 minutes on each, to see if anything came to me. But occasionally I'd end up staring at the same one for half an hour or so.

One thing though, there's an ending that opens up pretty early on. So you actually don't have to do very much to see the credits.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Moss
    Oculus Quest Version
    £22.99

JEadnYv.gif

Perfect Sunday post toot game just confirming why this VR stuff is the biz.

Every page a fairytale diorama, and the wee platforms and puzzles are perfectly engineered to engage not frustrate.

Straight into that nebulous 'Top ten game of the gen.'

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Was no Astro Boy for me, but definitely enjoyable. Quality mouse animation, enjoyable puzzles, strong fantasy setting.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Not played Astro Boy but heard great tings.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Astro Bot, not Boy
  • JonB wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Just unlocked the third and fourth areas in Baba is You. It's killing me, I'm doing the bare minimum required to advance but it's not like I'm not trying to do more, I just keep exhausting all other possibilities. Everything feels unpossible until the second it clicks, and some solutions still feel like a big ask when broken down. Clearly a very good game, bit not something I'm enjoying per se. I can happily smash my head against a brick wall until it breaks in a platformer but waiting for the penny to drop in such a devious puzzle game is excruciating at times, and it's only going to get tougher.
    I had sessions where I barely made any progress and others where a string of puzzles just clicked. Towards the end I was just going from puzzle to puzzle of all the ones I had unsolved and spending 5 minutes on each, to see if anything came to me. But occasionally I'd end up staring at the same one for half an hour or so.

One thing though, there's an ending that opens up pretty early on. So you actually don't have to do very much to see the credits.

It's got quite a strong pull though, even though I'm struggling I'm unexpectedly itching to play again.
  • Lego City Undercover is excellent fun! Already got 5 decent laughs out of me and I’ve only played the first few minutes
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I need to get back to the story with that, to get more laughs. Last time I played, I was getting distracted by the overwhelming amount of things to do.
  • I’m loving it. Like a playable Naked Gun
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove.  It's a wee bit glitchy, on Switch at any rate, but there's not really much to disappoint anyone hoping for an updated version of the first game.  You wouldn't want to play alone, but I'm enjoying it in co-op.  I loved the original and consider the sequel one of the most underappreciated games of the 16-bit era, so I was always likely to go easy on a fan-service spruce up.  Thirty-odd years on and it still manages to be unlike anything else available.  Don't pay £17, but if you're tempted the current sale price (£10ish) feels about right, I've already got a couple of hours of nostalgia tinged fun out of it.
  • Lego City Undercover is excellent fun! Already got 5 decent laughs out of me and I’ve only played the first few minutes

The laughs all involve Frank Hunny, dont they?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Since I don't really have anything to read right now I thought I'd try out Tearaway on the vita.

I'm not sure if playing this right before going to sleep is the way to go, seeing yourself at a weird angle, extra chin and all because you couldn't get the pillows in a comfortable heap (and because you're living in America now) and only being lit by the vita itself projected onto the sun ingame is quite disturbing. 

Other than that it seems to be pretty cute.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!