Currently Playing
  • I played through Dragons Lair on the bone (360 bc iirc).
    It has various aids (including the bad type).
    It has an easy mode which highlights the direction to press and I think gives you a few more frames to press it. There are also infinite continues.

It still took an entire evening to get through the 20 or so minutes of content, it's just frustrating and repetitive. The rooms are randomised and every room can be mirrored as well.

Definitely youtube them, its shameful they are still trying to get money out of them.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm not finding much doing it for me atm #teamcosby 

Haven't played Horizon Chase Turbo yet, you might be thinking of Mantis Burn Racing which left me quite disappointed a while ago.

I have been eyeing up HCT as it's in the sale but not sure on pulling the trigger. Generally not one to side with Muzzy though so perhaps this is the indication it's right up my street?
  • I'm enjoying Horizon Chase Turbo, about half way through atm.

Its a bit easy so far, so I'm hoping it ramps up a bit in the final third.

If you was a fan of Top Gear on SNES I'd recommend it. Or Lotus on Amiga, akaik TG was basically a sequel to that.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Lol I bought Dragon's Lair shortly after posting the question. I'm up for it, will report back this evening.
  • davyK wrote:
    Dragon's Lair appeared in '83 when I was 17.

I was 17 when Titan AE came out.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • When I was 17 2D animations were all straight to DVD.
    Although The Triplets of Belleville did come out that year and is wonderful.
  • I finished Dragon Lair last night, and I've played as much of the sequel as I'm willing to without being paid for the privilege.  That's not to say that I didn't enjoy my time with them to an extent, but the sequel requires an item quest that I didn't even know was a thing until it booted me back to the opening scene.  I'd collected none of the 15 or so items, and the final scene is gated behind a complete collection.  I was far too busy keeping Dirk alive tbh, luckily the scene is viewable from the menu.   I also started Space Ace, which I'll finish today. They're bizarre games; I'm up for the memory test to images thing, but the inputs are so demanding that the whole thing is played in a vague haze where you're only partly able to compute what's going on - a bit like when I play Switch while my wife watches Love Island.  Lair 2 is the pick of the bunch by a mile, shite collectathon barrier notwithstanding - I watched it all after my playthrough and it's a quality collection of animated sequences.
  • Worth a watch actually, so I'll stick it here:

• Over 9hrs into Baba is You. I'm still lucky if I solve more than one puzzle per session. Good game but I'm not enjoying it.

Skies of Fury DX isn't really doing it for me either. It's fine - good even - but it's dragging on a bit. Considering the missions types are 1. shoot enemies until they're all dead. 2. shoot enemies until your allies escape or 3. Fly through hoops, it doesn't need to be anywhere near as windy as it is imo. I've completed two campaigns but with three of (presumably) the same to go it'll become a chore sooner rather than later.
  • I’m just about 20% or so into Guac 2 whilst I settle into the first day of my hols and it is absolutely glorious. I really liked the first one but this seems like a great way for a small dev to tackle a sequel. It’s similar but just improved in every way. Particular big ups to the music and general sounds and the knowing yet happy go lucky writing. Like the ‘cameos’ from other games too. Loving it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    o/

was raving as I played through last month
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Interested to see if moot ignores you as much as he ignores me
  • Mutant Year Zero first for me, then I'll get cracking with Guac2.
  • I was playing Guac 2 the other night.
    I thought it was decent until I got into the Jade Temple then it became fantastic. There are some brilliant ideas in there that were just challenging enough to take a few goes but not so much they frustrated.
  • Good to see Guac 2 getting played and enjoyed more.

I'm playing Resident Evil 2. It's magnificent. About 5 hours in and I can't fault it so far. The perfect remake. Half the time I'm panicking, the other half grinning like an idiot.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    We should all be playing Fortnite for the big bucks.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Hitman 2 - it is the shit
  • Mutant Year Zero on Switch is going back unwrapped, reviews suggest it's been squashed down too much, so I finally pulled the trigger on the 30-day X Box Gamepass trial @Kernowgaz kindly gave me ages ago.  I planned to get cracking with MYZ in lush-o vision, but got immediately sidetracked by Blazing Chrome, which is precisely what it's supposed to be.  Two levels done, it's good, yepyepyep.  My only complaint so far is that the roll move is assigned to down + A (the jump button), so I keep rolling off raised platforms when I'm trying to drop down a level.  I don't think you can even drop down a level, it's just a habit at this stage.  Will try to remap the controls or kick the habit, seems like a roll input would be better off sitting on a trigger anyway.      

Gamepass is a bit of alright eh?  I won't have time to get it done in a month along with the two games above, but I noticed the latest Metro game is on there already.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's still the thing where you can upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate (which is both Gold and Game Pass rolled into one sub) for a quid, it stacks with whatever sub you currently have, so you can get a year's worth of Ultimate for the price of one year's Gold sub +£1. Well worth it.
  • Aye. Don’t have an Xbox one but gamepass looks v. tasty indeed.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mutant Year Zero on Switch is going back unwrapped, reviews suggest it's been squashed down too much

There’s a post review patch that’s dropped. Looking at YouTube, it’s a reasonable impact on the visuals.
  • Will take a look, thanks. Tactics stuff in particular is better suited to handheld for me. I'm happy for the visuals to take a hit, but pre-patch footage made it look like they'd taken a kicking.
  • I finally set up the Bleemsync hack on my PSClassic and installed a tonne of extra games.
    It really is a simple process but I screwed it up several times and it took me hours of faffing to get it to work.
    Now it’s all done it works a treat! Spent 2 hours playing THPS2 with the wife last night, such a brilliant game
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Cheers for the vid Syph, big improvement then.  It's still going back though, patch hasn't done much for undocked performance apparently.
  • Mutant Year Zero on Bone. Definitely my sort of thing, enjoyed the first hour.

I tend to like keeping most of my games in one place where possible, despite owning the three consoles, which means all of my paid for multiplat indies were on PS4 until the Switch came along. Gamepass might be a game changer, it's cheap enough for me to be fine with not keeping anything and you don't need a Gold account. Impressed.
  • And tbh, as someone who's replayed pretty much nothing for decades it's ideal. Now that I've got my games room back up and running maybe I can shake my obsession with handheld gaming.
  • I did enjoy 35% watching Love Island though.
  • Automachef, free with Twitch Prime.

It's Infinifactory but in a kitchen and so far it doesn't have the 3d element of that game.  So should be easier, probably not.

Controller and m+k support.

Nice so far.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Ooh, @birdorf should get on this

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!