Currently Playing
  • Stop playing Red Alert Birdorf, muzzy and I are typing about you at the same time.

Because we are the same person.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But you didn't @ him so I win
  • Back on Red Dead 2. I almost quit and sold it, so glad i didn't. Just gone in to the mountains and helped Rain Falls. Oh my god, it looks ridiculous. Missions have been good recently too.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Ooh.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Speaking of Infinifactory, there's a new Zachtronics game out in a couple of weeks. 

It's a visual novel.

https://twitter.com/zachtronics/status/1156962118668713984
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mutant Year Zero on Bone. Definitely my sort of thing, enjoyed the first hour.

I tend to like keeping most of my games in one place where possible, despite owning the three consoles, which means all of my paid for multiplat indies were on PS4 until the Switch came along. Gamepass might be a game changer, it's cheap enough for me to be fine with not keeping anything and you don't need a Gold account. Impressed.

Like I said earlier, it's cheaper to buy two year's worth (I think it actually stacks up to 36 months if you're really keen) of Gold then upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for a quid, then you can have both subs for less than the cost of just having Game Pass on its own.
  • It's a cracking deal, weighing up options at the mo. I quite like the idea of joining for a month at a time here and there to play through a specific game or two, but obviously the long term saving is in the long term subs.
  • It’s worth grabbing some cheap Xbox live yearly codes from cdkeys before upgrading for a quid. It’s what I did and now I won’t pay anything until May 2021 and it only cost me £30 or so
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah sod it, I spent that on Mutant Year Zero on Switch anyway and I've got a refund on the way for that. Ta chaps.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Started Unruly Heroes on Switch and it seems like just what I needed after bouncing off a couple of other games recently. It's a lovely looking thing, solid mechanics and bags of fun to play so far. Switching between different characters on the fly works brilliantly and can see that keeping it feeling fresh as I progress.

One of those that's hard to put down once you start a session. My gaming heart hasn't turned to stone after all. Huzzah!
  • Is that the one that looks like it could've been made by the same team as the 2D Rayman games? The Edge review put me off but they went lower than most, a few things I read recently suggest it's decent. I thought it looked good from the trailer.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, I think a few former Rayman devs worked on it. Just seen the Edge review - a 4 seems incredibly harsh even if I am still early in proceedings.
  • Mutant Year Zero.  I'm loving it, slowly finding my feet is an enjoyable process, but it's no pushover is it?  I'm playing on normal, which seems to be the game's equivalent of easy, but I've had more than a spot of bother with larger groups of enemies so far (even those on lower levels than my team).  Stealth is key, but I want to up my levels by engaging certain enemies too.  Until the end of my last session I didn't have a silenced weapon for every party member, so stealth kills weren't always on the table as two shots wouldn't necessarily result in a silent kill anyway.  

Itching to get back to it over the weekend to find out what I'm doing wrong, quality game.
  • Mutant Year Zero required a 6.8gb update lat night, so I started Mechstermination Force. I'm not completely sold on the character movement/intertia, but it's definitely enjoyable. Just over an hour in.

Also played 90 mins of Guacamelee 2 on holiday. I'm still not too keen on the combat (which is fine, just not particularly moreish) but the platform elements and level design seem strong.
  • Finished Guac2 whilst I was away. I loved it, like really loved it. Went onto Monster Boy after that. It’s fine really but incredibly frustrating with its enemy placements and overall character inertia.
  • It's resolutely Wonderboy for sure, faithfully old fashioned but very well designed around those parameters imo. Easily one of my favourites this year. Takes a while to warm up though.
  • 8 mechs down in Mechstermination Force. Not bad, but the controls aren't exactly tight when compared to the best in the genre. Works as a sort of Cuphead of the Colossus, glad I bought it but it's taking some adjustment after the precision of Blazing Chrome.
  • Also, my party is level 18 on Mutant Year Zero now, made it to the bit I was supposed to investigate at the top of the map. The wholly necessary stealth is a bit slow paced for my liking, but it's a top grid battler.
  • Dark Souls 3.
    Fuck me those croc/gaping dragon beasties are nasty.
    And now I've discovered a secret lair with 2 of them lurking together.
    Fuck. that. shit.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Haha, i know exactly where you mean.
  • Omensight, which is the latest game from Spearhead Games, who made one of my favourite [7]s, Stories: The Path of Destinies (which should probably have been called Stories: The Paths of Destiny, but that’s another matter).

It’s more of the same, which is largely a good thing. Very similar combat, although I’m finding it harder to wreak the same havoc as I could in the first. It’s a couple of things: firstly, I’m finding it harder to follow the player character (The Harbinger) around the screen, and I’m also finding it harder to control the dodge/counter in order to limit my damage and really chain together assaults.

Whereas, in the previous game, you followed different paths (choose your own adventure style) through various locations, this time around you follow one of four protagonists through the last day before an apocalypse, at which point you rewind to the start and go again. You’re piecing together the events that led to the apocalypse, and the information you bring occasionally leads to the characters following a different path that day. The loading screens between morning, afternoon, and evening show you where all of the characters are going so, as you become more familiar with the day’s potential events, you can place your current actions in the wider events. It works quite well.

I’m playing on PS4; I had bought it for Switch, but it released in a pretty bad state, too blurry to make any sense of the on-screen action. After an email exchange with a lovely PR man in Canada, I got a free code for the PS4 version, which looks lovely.

They’re now working on an RPG, currently called Project Witchstone, which was originally supposed to be PC only, but was recently announced for consoles, too. I’m following the development where I can, I can see me diving headlong into that. It doesn’t look like it’s set in the same world as the first two (which I’m sure are set in the same world) which is a minor pity, but one I can live with.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tacoma

So far so meh
  • On the plus side you haven't got long left.
  • Been trying to play DC Universe Online on my switch. Downloaded it last week, managed to find 15 minutes to create a character and that’s all the time I’ve been able to give it!

Hoping to play tonight and spend some time exploring with my hero, Captain DandyPants
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    On the plus side you haven't got long left.

I've been playing Framed too. Keep playing games you say are crap and you've been consistently right for the last few...
  • Tacoma was fine. As you say, pretty quick. I love that sort of setting, so soft spot made it easy.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I've got a soft spot for the genre but no predisposed affinity for sci fi. It was fine, but with the caveat of 'I guess'. Framed is a'ight, didn't outstay its welcome but shuffling images around until you find the correct order would get old fairly quickly if the game lasted longer than an hour.
  • Can’t be as bad as Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture, surely?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    No. Not quite. It's pretty similar though TBH.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!