Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Death Stranding

Trivializing postal America, one Zip-line at a time.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Was totally braindead last night so couldn't do any Uni work. Started Battletech instead. Early impressions seem pretty good, it's nice that it's got a bunch of stuff in it that's very Battletech, such as the way weapon loadouts are setup for mixed engagement ranges, and you can split your fire between targets in different ranges. I am interested to dig further.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    My Friend Pedro

Looks fun, but utter garbage.

Aye, pap innit?
  • I thought it was fairly evident from the gameplay trailer that it was jankily put together.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Things can be janky but still fun. This isn't.
  • Plus eurogamer kind of raved about it iirc
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea wrote:
    My Friend Pedro Looks fun, but utter garbage.

I tried it. Seems like it could be quite fun if i could be bothered to learn the controls/flow properly, but i can't.
  • Djornson wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

I tried it. Seems like it could be quite fun if the developer had bothered to properly play test it .

Fixed.

It seemed like one of those games they got to close too. Probably pulling off all sorts of cool shit after all those hours making it and wanking each other off with how cool it was and forgot/couldn’t afford proper q and a

The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Djornson wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    I tried it. Seems like it could be quite fun if the developer had bothered to properly play test it .
    Fixed. It seemed like one of those games they got to close too. Probably pulling off all sorts of cool shit after all those hours making it and wanking each other off with how cool it was and forgot/couldn’t afford proper q and a

lol, oddly specific :)
  • Playing Wandersong now, it's fun
  • The Division (yes i know, i'm slow.) it's great. I think i tried it before and wasn't impressed but the X enhanced makes a big difference
  • I virtually soloed all of it. Still awesome. is there anyone around?

Also, survival mode is AMAZING.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Seems to be lots playing, probably because recently free on gamepass? I got a party of 3 others straight away on the first main mission.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well Nate was disappointed to find a hefty Fortnite update waiting for him when he got in from school today. After seeing how he's coming along with camera controls etc. in 3D games I thought I'd soften the blow by introducing him to Breath of the Wild.

The room is overspilling with utter joy and awe. It's magnificent. Fortnite is long forgotten, he's been having a great time just climbing stuff and diving in a pool. I'm just letting him at it, the odd direction I give him is swiftly ignored anyway. Delightful stuff.
  • Reminds me of these videos. They’re obviously not going to match the joy of watching your kid explore these environments, but they’re an interesting look at the grammar of games, signposting etc.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah, I thought that was the couple where the lass posts impressions from watching her fella play. Yeah, I've seen one or two of their videos, great stuff. Very pertinent too, introducing controls to Nate has been the toughest so far. For some reason completely beyond my understanding, he has gone from knowing his left and rights at age 2 to switching them round when he's 6. Only when playing games though, I think it may be because of the inverted Y axis?

Anyway yeah, as old ass gamers playing since the inception of the medium, we've picked up a lot of "gaming language" as it were. Health bars, food to heal, all sorts. Tonight absolutely stunned me when I asked what the meter in the bottom right of BotW was for, it has a red side and a blue side, and at the moment were sat in the middle. He said it's for the blue and red lightsaber, meaning you're good or bad. Completely wrong of course, it's the temperature meter, but I was amazed that he got there despite never coming across a karma meter in any game he's played so far. Anyway, dunno where I'm going with this but yeah, introducing non-players to games is quite the eye opener.
  • cool vids Andy, thanks
  • Watching my 6yo play some BotW was amazing. He got stuck trying to get to one of the shrines (mountain on plateau) and wouldn’t listen to me, instead just chasing things and having fun.  So good. 

Want him to get back to it and I’ll coach him, but at the moment he is loving Mario Odyssey all over again. We kinda co-op’d it over a year ago when he was littler but now he is playing all by himself and doing ok.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It is amazing how quickly kids learn these things.
    I had an Amiga at the age of about 7 but can't ever remember not being able to use a mouse. Compare that to my parents who learned in their early 30s and are still hamfisted.

An old work colleague a few years back told me about how his (then) 5 year old couldn't understand that phones and tablets were touch screen and the TV wasn't.
  • FUCKING WATTAM FINALLY CAME OUT 2 DAYS AGO OMG.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Slay the Spire while playing guess who with the kids lol
  • 5 year old is playing Tempo the badass elephants, it's bloody brilliant actually
  • Need to finish that, what I played was fine.
  • (It's Tembo though, Tempo was the guy from a 32X game dunno why I'm typing this)
  • Yeah I liked Tembo, bags of character.
  • There’s a very good Lego game I’ve just come across on Apple Arcade which in itself is a very good, well curated, service.  So yeah, Builders Journey should be looked up for those with the means.
  • Still catching a mission in Battletech here and there. No sweeter sound than a volley of LRMs pouring out of your mech and smashing into an opponent, followed by the bassy firecracker pops of all their ammo and weapons combusting and taking out their pilot. Beautiful.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Been utterly ill over the past few days so missed staff night out last night and family lunch today, both of which I was looking forward to. Have put some of the money I would have spent into Disco Elysium and have been cackling away at some of the dialogue so far. I'm basically playing as the always after hedonism style cop who also gets existential advice.

Honestly, this might be the funniest game I've played in years. Even when I don't pick a dialogue option it's still hilarious to see it there. Late contender for the list this one is.
  • Disco Elysium sounds brilliant, looking forward to it coming to console, praying for a Switch release.

I just spent my evening playing an emulated version of PT on my laptop. Late to the party I know but never played it thanks to not having a PS4 and was quite excited to finally see what the fuss was about.

Jesus Christ I screamed like an absolute little girl. Such a shame the full game will never be made. One of the scariest gaming experiences I've ever had.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • We were talking about PT at Londonstock last night. It’s easily the scariest and most terrifying gaming experience I’ve had.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!