Currently Playing
  • Blood & Truth (PSVR)

I'm underway with Spiderman, but as this arrived today, and as the VR is currently set up thanks to a family game of Headmaster, I allowed it to jump the queue. Pretty much what I expected so far, and reasonably playable with a pad. The shooting is fine without move controllers, it's the lockpicking and button pressing things that are a bit annoying with the dual shock. Enjoying it though, I do like a good light gun game.
  • River City Girls 

Decided to restart this today after I'd done the first couple of levels while on holiday. As expected, it's a bit easier to play on a TV than on the portable screen.

It's basically fine. I just find the control isn't quite as quick and precise as I'd like, and it's already a bit too repetitive with its enemies.

Also, I don't get where the challenge comes in, aside from with bosses. You refill health when you level up, so it should be a case of not dying in between level ups. But then the penalty for dying is just restarting the current screen, with full health. So when you're running low on health you may as well just get killed and continue. Odd.
  • Scrolling beat em ups are occasionally tough to judge in single player. I thought Wulverblade was well suited for solo play, but Mother Russia Bleeds only came alive with two.
  • My PS4 is so fucked it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get to the end of Blood and Truth. Only had about an hour left, and I've got an hour and fifteen minutes until after school club finishes. Had to rebuild it using a usb firmware a couple of days ago, seems to pretty much just be dying/dead now. Got no PS+ any more either, so is that all my saves gone?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Expect so. Oh dear.
  • Yup, it's dead. Still has a blue light on but nothing happens after a supposedly successful disc/hard drive check. I preferred the unsuccessful check the other day, at least that let me fix it manually. Was really enjoying that game too. At least I've managed to retrieve the disc.
  • But wait, I've managed to boot it up in safe mode. Trying the usb trick again.
  • BLoD
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Why don't we have a Baba Is You thread??  Anyway, 10, 11 and 12 of the forest level have just blown my mind with a whole new thing you can do.  With words I already had.  Hoping that will make some other bits more straightforward!  (I'm not gonna say what, cos I don't want to give Elf/Moot any advantage, obvs.)
  • Dying PS4: UPDATE. Selecting 'initialise PS4' from safe mode seems to have done the trick. None of the rebuilding or firmware updates/rollbacks worked so a factory reset was my final option. Seems to have worked. Saves definitely wiped though. Fare the well, Yakuza 6 and Astro Bot challenges. Gutted about Blood and Truth.

Edit: fuck and Shenmue III noooo.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Why don't we have a Baba Is You thread??  Anyway, 10, 11 and 12 of the forest level have just blown my mind with a whole new thing you can do.  With words I already had.  Hoping that will make some other bits more straightforward!  (I'm not gonna say what, cos I don't want to give Elf/Moot any advantage, obvs.)

ZOMG I just did The Prison and mind fucking blown again.  I was 99% convinced it was impossible.  But now more cunning manoeuvres up my sleeve!  Up to 72 petals now, on a roll...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I gave A Short Hike a go and it was really gonna be quite brief because I was gonna turn it off then found a few gold feathers and now the movement feels excellent and I'm back in so let that be a lesson that I won't play your game unless it has Devil May Cry level movement.
  • I'd very much like a console port of that.
  • Played a bit more split screen Gears 4 last night.  Just finished a serviceable bike section and I think we're up to Act III.  We've fought pretty much nothing but robots so far, and I wouldn't say I've hated it but I've not enjoyed myself either.  I'll finish it, but if it doesn't offer up some fleshy enemies soon I'm done with the series again (also played 1 & 2).  It's still got a quality heft and chunkiness to the controls but the satisfaction slider is way down.  A shame, with different enemies I'd be digging the whole thing a lot more.  Halo 4 suffered from this too.
  • It offers up fleshy enemies soon iirc.

The robots in Gears 5 are much better. They offer something a bit different rather than effectively the same thing but less satisfying like they are in Gears 4.
  • Ghost of a tale is so weird.

I keep thinking it's going to open up, but goddamn it drip feeds stuff and has no signposting.

I'm gonna end up having scoured the opening sections because you have to.

I'm still holding on, but damn, play testing didn't work out here.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Finally getting into outer wilds
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Metro Exodus

Very slow start... now there’s a stealth section I hope things improve
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ah, stealth sections in action games

• Re outer wilds - who would have thought a game with so much first person platforming would be so broadly applauded?
    Some really nice ideas and often a sense of wonder but some of the mechanics are just annoying

• Yeah, get that but it doesn't make it easy to get into.  Early doors there is a black hole which is just an utter cunt and yes I know the (oh so long) way back.
    Having said that when I started I couldn't get on with my ship but now got it down to a tie.

• Getting back from the black hole should
    Spoiler:
  • I’m playing the other “outer” game - The Outer Worlds.

It’s Obsidian. But everything feels a bit...diet.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Getting back from the black hole should
    Spoiler:
    Must be missing something
    For all my moaning there have been a handful of wide eyed, omfg moments already.

• I must be several hours in and I'm still none the wiser. I refuse to look up anything about it. It's the strangest game. It's got a mysterious melancholy about it that resonates with me and that's honestly what keeps me playing.

Usually a game with too much reading stuff is an instant turn off but this seems to be mostly reading and it's got me by the balls.

• I am using a guide now and again to keep my right - yeah I know it's wrong but found it too frustrating otherwise
    Not a big fan of reading in games but like the way it's small snippets which still has charterer about it

• Ditch the guide. Use the ship’s log.
  • I will try, ships log is very good

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!