Currently Playing
  • I got it for Switch. It's really good. Eats up time like a bastard though.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • I fear for my already small amount of free time if I buy Civ6.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The absolutely brilliant Spider-Man, in tandem with the boy. He played it at his cousin's on Christmas day and hasn't shut up about it since. He's happy to bash through story shenanigans (we work through the puzzles together) and I'm happy to fuck about in the over world doing the bits and pieces he can't be arsed with. We're on easy so not much gets in the way, it's been an absolute joy, the web swinging, scrapping and fake science puzzley stuff make you feel like the man himself.

Unfortunately it's knocked Zelda into Nate's pile of shame which also includes the five (5) games he got for Christmas. We'll not make that mistake again, I doubt I got five games in a year when I was a kid.
  • My boy loved what he played (on easiest). He’s asked me when he can play it again, but I’m hoping to complete it tomorrow and give back to Boris. Once Boy has finished other games (Captain Toad and Mario Odyssey), I may get a copy and let him play on my PS4.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m still in no rush man. Don’t worry about it. Let the boy play.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Untitled Goose Game. Its good, i mean, i sat down and before i knew it an hour was gone, but it's not like.. amazing

I take that back. It's absolutely bloody brilliant. It's the first game the kids have been happy to just watch me play. They understood exactly what was going on and cracked up laughing at various points. I loved how my motive wasn't clear apart from being a pain in the ass goose and then right at the end it all become clear, obvious lightbulb moment. Genius. I'd love to hear about how the concept for that game came about, if you think about it, geese are that much of a pain in the ass you could be forgiving for thinking they have some higher motive.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Spent two hours building the labo steering wheel with flora. Then we played the driving game.

Once again, the fun is in the build.
  • Learn origami?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I hear Lego is good.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    FFXII getting a spin on Switch at the moment. Quick like the updates that come with Zodiac Age.
  • Trying different stuff and plugging away at lonely Mountain, but also back on destiny 2, which is just so good. Still.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spider-Man again,
    Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm trying to tell Nate that the Avengers or Defenders will come looking for him if he keeps on flinging bins around New York and being a general menace. He's not arsed.
  • Around 6 hours in to Control and I'm really struggling to find the will to continue.  I like so much of what this game does, but I'm just not enjoying playing it all that much.  

It's a me problem.  Feelsbadman.
  • I'm probably just under that and having a great time. Really enjoying the combat now I've got a few different moves to play with. The way it all flows together, the dumb enemies and the, well, control really allow for some top mucking about.

And performance on my base PS4 isn't too bad so far. A couple of encounters recently with a lot of explosions have caused some slow down, and there's always a judder when you fast travel to a new place or resume after pausing. But other than that it's been good, and looks lovely.
  • Aye, it's a looker, and I like the combat as well for the most part.  There's really not much here I don't like and I'm often thinking about the game when I'm not playing it, but I'm having to force myself to load it up.  I dunno, I'm probably just not in the right place for it atm.
  • Back to The Touryst again after putting their switch down for the Quest and Beat Sabre.  It’s really nice but doesn’t make me feel like a top dollar breakdancing ninja man like the quest does.
  • I’ve been playing Outer Wilds the last few days.

It had been on my radar for a while, then I saw a couple of things that suggested I should probably play it sooner rather than later. I bought it, then read that a couple of people here didn’t get on with it, and that control was an issue. So, I was somewhat trepidatious going in. I’ve stayed away from the dedicated thread because I wanted to go in as blind as possible.

I’m absolutely loving it. Have they fixed the controls? If not, I’m at a loss as to what the problem is there, everything seems to work as you’d expect. The atmosphere and aesthetic are perfect, and I’m enjoying slowly piecing together the picture of what’s going on in the ship’s log.

Great game.
  • Yeah it's ace, I am unsure of the control issues too, it's very analogue though and I suspect that puts a lot of people off?
  • Potentially, yeah. I mean, it feels like your control is - I’m not sure of the right words here - unfiltered, raw, very direct. But I feel that makes for incredibly fair gameplay. When I damaged the legs of my ship, or strayed irrecoverably into the sun’s gravitational pull, it couldn’t more clearly have been my own fault. Conversely, feathering your boosters to ease down into a crater or crevasse and gently lay it on a plateau exactly the same size as your ship is very satisfying.
  • I really like games where you fly ships like this, with some sort of intention. I don't really think it asks you to do anything very taxing with it either.
  • It has been a while since I played it but iirc I found the controls far too sensitive.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    As someone who loves manual docking in Elite Dangerous this pleases me.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    As someone who loves manual docking in Elite Dangerous this pleases me.

Phwoar etc

Yeah, the controls seemed fine to me but I didn't get very far.
  • I struggled more with the walking controls than flying, at least when trying to do some of the more precise platformy stuff.
  • Giving ghost of a tale a go.

Not sure if it hit consoles. I assume so.

Stealth game where you play as a mouse. Medival game world.

Very pretty, and the main avatar movement is lovely.

Clunky old school menu and item stuff going on, some annoying pickiness about showing you what you can pick up, but any time you hid in a barrel etc, you can save. Neat idea.

Really funky pacing at the start, with a dozen doors requiring different keys almost instantly.

Still, there's a definite charm so far, and if I can figure it's particular foibles quick enough I think I'll stick with it.

• JonB wrote:
    I struggled more with the walking controls than flying, at least when trying to do some of the more precise platformy stuff.

Same. It's fine when you're floating in space* but when walking around it feels a bit loose and snaggy.

*excluding my gripes with the Y axis controls uninverting themselves constantly on my playthrough. I often had to stand up from the cockpit and sit down again to remind the game what I'd selected.
  • So GoaT (see above) is starting to win me over.

Quibbles above stand, and the structure/map/pacing is really trying to turn folks off, but there's something there.

Actually reminding me of metro in that sense. Those that love it, understand and excuse its foibles and enjoy the hard road they create sometimes.

Once again, I reserve the right to hit just given up on thread at any time.

It really is lovely to look at.
  • Dipped back into For Honor yesterday. What a great game that can be!

Would love a sequel on the new consoles.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    FFXII getting a spin on Switch at the moment. Quick like the updates that come with Zodiac Age.

Bought this at Christmas and having a coffee in bed with my switch, it’s very good’
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!