Currently Playing
  • Dipped back into For Honor yesterday. What a great game that can be!

Would love a sequel on the new consoles.

It’s a live service game like Rainbow 6 so I wouldn’t hold m breath. It’s had loads of updates this past year though.

• True. So hard to get back into after a long time away, which is why I'd like a sequel. One of the most enjoyable PvP experiences in years, for me.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Judgment

It's cold, it's wet, it's new years, it's dark, and I'm back in my favourite place, Kamurocho.
    This time, the neon lights glow a little brighter, reflected by the puddles in the road. This time it feels even more familiar, having visited the actual site in 2019, and taken flora on a "Yakuza tour" (she didn't care much for it).

This time it really does feel like an old familiar friend, as Kiryu has made his way off to the sunset and, in the maelstrom of a series of unfamiliar people, it is the constant character. Knowing how to get to Ebisu pawn was the highlight of my early playthrough.

This time the characters are slightly more eccentric, removing a lot of the po-facedness of the baggage of Yakuza.

This time the activities are actually activities and not just fetch em ups.

This time I'll 100% it, honest guv.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    FFXII getting a spin on Switch at the moment. Quick like the updates that come with Zodiac Age.
    Bought this at Christmas and having a coffee in bed with my switch, it’s very good’

It's great man. Like the Gambit and License system a lot :)
  • Been playing The Evil Within 2 as it was one of my only Steam Sale purchases and I fancied a game where you shoot things, and this might have some of the best headshots in any game? Massive stupendous schlorping messes at the end of yer shottie. What more can you ask for?

Typically it’s not really very survival horror, instead it’s a weird open world craft-and-allocate-points thingy, which is... surprisingly quite fun? It doesn’t quite hang together, but sneaking around and using your environment and limited resources against pretty tough (sometimes too tough) enemies is good, and it uses its samey suburban setting to deliver little horror vignettes in a fun way. It’s certainly passing the time amicably, and although it’s not Resident Evil 2, it’s certainly of a decent calibre.

• https://youtu.be/-k4_oGX_-FI

Short review of ghost of a tale. Answers the question did it come out on consoles. Yes to ps4.

Just skip through to check the graphics and animation. Lovely.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Been playing The Evil Within 2 as it was one of my only Steam Sale purchases and I fancied a game where you shoot things, and this might have some of the best headshots in any game? Massive stupendous schlorping messes at the end of yer shottie. What more can you ask for?

Typically it’s not really very survival horror, instead it’s a weird open world craft-and-allocate-points thingy, which is... surprisingly quite fun? It doesn’t quite hang together, but sneaking around and using your environment and limited resources against pretty tough (sometimes too tough) enemies is good, and it uses its samey suburban setting to deliver little horror vignettes in a fun way. It’s certainly passing the time amicably, and although it’s not Resident Evil 2, it’s certainly of a decent calibre.

Ran out of steam for
    Me
    The Forum Herald™
  • Spending my time between Dark souls 3, nier automata and some of the classic snes games through the switch.
    Nier is an utterly brilliant game. Loving everything happening in it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Her Story.

Addicted. I should go bed. Need to learn more... how did he put this together?!

Playing in anticipation of then playing Telling Lies.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Been playing The Evil Within 2 as it was one of my only Steam Sale purchases and I fancied a game where you shoot things, and this might have some of the best headshots in any game? Massive stupendous schlorping messes at the end of yer shottie. What more can you ask for?

Yup. Solid title that.
    Rev wrote:
    Spending my time between Dark souls 3, nier automata and some of the classic snes games through the switch.
    Nier is an utterly brilliant game. Loving everything happening in it.

My man. Nier is an absolute banger.
  • Tekken 6 went up on Games With Gold and holy fuck hahahaha what the hell is this story mode??
  • It's even worse than Tekken 3 force mode. Like, how??
  • It's even worse than Tekken 3 force mode. Like, how??

It's mental, I think it tells the story thru all the tekkens till now.
    Very strange game.
  • It's mad. Tekken 3 at least had that mode hidden away, and was IIRC on 2D-ish levels left to right, so you don't need camera controls. This one definitely does, but doesn't have them. It's like I'm playing a DC game. Bloody looks like one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tekken 6 is a mad game that tells me Namco are obsessed with volcanoes.

Last night I entertained a Tempy and a Kaz and we played, among others -

Switch
    Smash Bros

Gamecube
    Salt Lake Winter Olympics
    Mario Kart DD
    F Zero GX
    Warioware

PS3
    DJ Hero

Dreamcast
    Godzilla
    Ikaruga
    House of the Dead 2
    Sonic Adventure 2
  • I must get Evil Within 2 out again and play it. Really liked it. The first was my favourite game of 2014! Preferred over Resident Evil 4 (which I do still love) for its superior Horror credentials!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Reg, I really want to have a games night and beverages with you all :( Maybe this year I'll get over there!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You would be mega welcome for shenanigans and pizza.
  • :)
  • Who won at Turtles?
  • Trying to work out if ghost of a tale is trying to be souls or if it's just terrible design and signposting. Doesn't want to give a hint of anything. I'll end up being completist about it through attrition trying to work out what to do next.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Cursed Castilla EX, which is one of those new fangled shameless homage types. This one's mimicking Ghouls n Ghosts. Enjoying it, but pleeease don't make me go back through the whole game again at the end for the sake of authenticity.
  • Lonely Mountains Downhill. I think it’s giving me RSI. Great game, it’s on gamepass on PC so it’s a bargain for essentially nowt. I hope they do a skiing based sequel.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Lonely Mountains Downhill. I think it’s giving me RSI. Great game, it’s on gamepass on PC so it’s a bargain for essentially nowt. I hope they do a skiing based sequel.

So glad you posted this, I nearly bought it! EG gave it their game of the year so wanted to give it a bash.

Someone needs to create a site that you can type in the name of a game and it will tell you (cross platform) whether it is available for free.
  • Yeah. I’d been hoping it popped up as a freebie in the epic Christmas giveaway. Was gonna buy it too, glad I checked gamepass.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Plugging away again on Outer Worlds after about a month off.

Want to get to the end on this not only for my 52 game challenge, but also because I just bought Disco Elysium.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:
    Lonely Mountains Downhill. I think it’s giving me RSI. Great game, it’s on gamepass on PC so it’s a bargain for essentially nowt. I hope they do a skiing based sequel.

So glad you posted this, I nearly bought it! EG gave it their game of the year so wanted to give it a bash.

Someone needs to create a site that you can type in the name of a game and it will tell you (cross platform) whether it is available for free.

I don’t like to be pedantic but they didn’t
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sorry games of the year.
  • Heave Ho. I've finished it, but I'm still playing it (solo atm). I almost never do this. I often think 'I'm definitely going to play that again', but rarely do, it's just not something I've ever been into really, as there's always somehing else to play. Hopefully this is testament to how good this game is. Straight into my top 100 when I update in cinty's thread. Game of last year by a mile.
  • Just started Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. Oh boy it's intense. Looks beautiful. Was a bit worried it was all a bit straight forward story wise but far enough in (not very far) it's suitably weird and fucked up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!