ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fallout 3's a broken pile of fuck, so go Dark Souls and play it throughout the summer months on your glass fronted plasma TV where all you can see is your own and your living rooms reflection.

Is this me??? I don't recall flouncing
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Djornson wrote:
    Modern Warfare (2019) Campaign. It's excellent.

You know, I might just start that tonight. I just jumped into MP and never touched the campaign.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I have been playing a bunch of Escape from Tarkov, which seems like the Ultimate GMAN and Crew game. It's a dodgy Russian thing that has been in development since 2012, heavily based on STALKER but it's multiplayer. It's a lot like Hunt: Showdown (which I am sure was heavily inspired by this game) in that it is a battle royal style affair, but with the option of just... leaving when you want. The map is populated by lots of AI (Scavs) and a few boss enemies (BOSS SCAVS) who shout at you in Russian and shoot you a lot.  Regular players enter a map called a "Raid" at random points to loot, fight Scavs, loot scavs, fight players, loot players, and extract. If you die, you lose all your gear. Every gun, health kit, any battery or CPU part you have on your person is gone for good. You are also then wounded, and needed to heal over time or by using health kits from your perpetual inventory stash back home. If you don't want to do that, you can do a Scav run, which is where you enter a Raid as a pre-generated Scav character with a mission to extract yourself. Other AI Scavs are neutral to you like this, but players are still hostile. Not that you can tell the difference - there is nothing like healthbars, hit detectors or floating name tags in Tarkov. Your ammo count is something you have to track manually, you can look at your gun with a dedicated button to have a guess at roughly much ammo is in your clip, or check your inventory for an accurate number. If you reload after a firefight, you actually swap magazines. Magazines stay in your inventory even if they're half full. Want to fill up a magazine? You need to fill it with bullets manually. You also need to know what calibre bullets your magazine and gun take, make sure you get it right or else you're sat in a firefight trying to load a clip your gun can't use, sorry! If you get shot you take location specific damage. Certain bullets will tear through your armour anyway, so if you take a torso shot or two you're dead. Arms and legs break and you have to heal them with splints and pain killers.  It's a fucking ridiculous game, the devs are misogynistic weirdos who won't put women in their game for weird reasons, but it's also incredibly moreish. You can trade with AI traders at your hideout! Some of them will give you a bitcoin for a handheld Tetriz game. You can trade painkillers for guns! They give you missions to do shit like collect cigarettes and healthkits for them. You can build a toilet in your base! Fucking hell, it's a nonsense. An absurd sim game that has your adrenaline running from the word go as you alt-tab to check a poorly made map of the area you're in to try and figure out if you;re going the right away based on the vague landmarkrs you can make out like "UN truck" or "railway bridge" all the while bullets are echoing around the abandoned factories and shoppingmalls that make up Tarkov. Proper batshit PC gaming.

Its fucking beautiful ain't it? As I said in the PC thread, I've only watched streams but even viewing it is tense as fuck. Its the 'thing' currently and many on here would go mental for it.
  • I am fucking shite at it mind. Had 4 unsuccessful runs in a row and am ready to pawn my own toes for roubles.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Head for the red key card, its worth like 2mil. Suicide runs til you get a couple
  • I might do eventually. Currently just doing stuff organically, it's a fun world to live in.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Strim it sometime lad, ill be down to watch if free
  • I am not sure if I can? Lags like shit at the moment. If it ever sorts itself out I will.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've got Tarkov.  It's absolutely savage.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Two Point Hospital.

What a delight. That music! I suffer after a while on each map because there's just too much to keep track of, but it's still a bloody lovely little game and on Gamepass to boot.
  • what is it - theme hospital style?
    art style reminds me of aardman
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can you play it mouse only on PC? Hoping it’s another sofa game.
  • It's a sequel to theme hospital I think. It's genuinely brilliant.
  • It is great, loving it. Got it installed on my laptop, just feels better on my laptop screen as I find the font too small on my tv.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dead Cells - a couple of hours in. I’m not completely sold on the roguelike stuff yet. I think they’ve designed it so you can run straight through the earlier stages if you’ve got somewhere you want to get to but it’s all a bit bewildering. This is the first of the modern rogue-things I’ve played properly. But fuck me the way this controls is beautiful. Smoothly running about brutalising monsters at the moment.
  • You mainly just gotta go real fast
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sonic 5
  • Tempy wrote:
    You mainly just gotta go real fast

Not strictly true. Take your time and try to clear everything in every level when you're first starting out. Know that you will die often. Know that seeing all the levels in this game isn't what it's about really. Know that it's easily the best rogue like game out there.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Actually, I knew about running through the first level and it OPd me for the next area.
  • monkey wrote:
    Dead Cells - a couple of hours in. I’m not completely sold on the roguelike stuff yet. I think they’ve designed it so you can run straight through the earlier stages if you’ve got somewhere you want to get to but it’s all a bit bewildering. This is the first of the modern rogue-things I’ve played properly. But fuck me the way this controls is beautiful. Smoothly running about brutalising monsters at the moment.

My initial thoughts were near identical.

I played it for six or seven hours, and it nearly got me. I think what put me off was how far I punched above my weight with my last proper run - I got a few levels further than I had before, which left me with the luck of the draw feeling I dislike with these games (rather than I the feeling that I was getting better at it). Of course I was getting better at it, but it's a much slower process with roguelikes than classic 2D platformers. Mechanically it's exceptional, but the hours required to tame it seemed quite daunting. I've got a proper pad now so I might try it on a TV.
  • Daemon X Machina joycons all the way for me. I can play anything in handheld mode with them.

I’m combing the earlier stages usually during run throughs to harvest cells for the health and treasure upgrades. Not bothering with the low-tier weapon unlocks. I found and beat a boss, the Concierge.

My natural preference is just a straight line through a game. Or give me a world map if it’s not that. I can see myself putting 20-30 hours in easy. I’ll see where I am after that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Talk to me about the Daemon X joycons.
  • Tempy wrote:

Not strictly true. Take your time and try to clear everything in every level when you're first starting out. Know that you will die often. Know that seeing all the levels in this game isn't what it's about really. Know that it's easily the best rogue like game out there.

It started life as a sort of tower defence game. The traps are a trace of that. While going fast is great for getting through doors with timed locks, there’s a lot to be said for playing safe, using bear traps in combination with any firing trap to reduce enemies to gloop, in order to build up your character.
  • Is that the HORI Daemon X joycons?
    They do look good
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Tempy wrote:

Incorrect on both counts, straight to jail.
  • Get your potion upgraded and go hell for leather. Never more than a few minutes away from an amazing, record breaking run.
  • I had 3 big problems with the handheld switch - fiddly little analogs, no d-pad and an awkward shape leading to hand cramps after about 25 minutes. I tried a few solutions to this that improved some of these but the Daemon pads eliminate all of them. They've got none of the tech in (gyro, rumble etc) but then I generally steer away from anything that needs that anyway. The shape makes it a bit like an xbox pad (but its not quite in that top tier). D-pad gets a solid pass. Analogs are nice and chunky. The turbos and programmable extra buttons are nice to have but I've only bothered with them once. The home and other system buttons are a bit weird and rubbery and it's basically just an empty plastic case. It's become the only way I'll play it handheld though.
  • Vanquish.

Just did Act 1, which is as far as I got on 360 before it went on the Pile of Shame. Good fun, but not amazing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • My eyebrow is boosting off my face via rocket glide.
  • I’m shit at it. So far. Watched an expert gameplay vid and my how the hell do they make it look so easy. I’m gonna need practice.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!