I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm really enjoying Dying Light which I wouldn't have thought back when it released and Edge gace it a [6]. I like many of the NPCs (except the ott villain) and my only complaint is I can't see much of a reason to go out at night with it being so dangerous. Even the bribery of double exp doesn't tempt me.
  • Aye, it’s a fun game - I enjoyed it too. Unfortunately, there’s some stinking mission design every once in a while. Dead Island had the same issue. They can do a sandbox, traversal and combat, but by fuck do they suck at actual missions.
  • Toby: The Secret Mine. Only playing it because I couldn't decide what to else to play. Actually that's not a good enough excuse. It only cost me 89p, I'vve already tried it once and I hated it, I should just let it go. But nope, I'm playing it. Poundland Limbo. It's shit.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I feel as though the next post should contain the words Moot and Classic.
  • Moot and classic
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Having finished Luigi's Mansion and Dragon Quest XI and before I get too into Fire Emblem again, I'm back on the Tokyo Mirage Sessions bullshit. I'm especially on it because it does what I love in RPGS - Let me go up to level 99 without friction so I can just cheese my way through it.

I did it with Dragon Quest, and back in FE:A there was a DLC that let me do it too. With TMS on Switch, it comes with all the WiiU DLC, including something called the "EXPeditious Dungeon" which basically lets you grind 2 levels in about 5 minutes, then jump out and repeat. I'm finding it really relaxing and am currently knocking on level 30 after the first dungeon. There's just something really calming about it - once I got the farming of slimes down in DQXI it became my go to game. So off I go to level 99 before moving on to the next dungeon. Fuck a challenge.
  • I’d suggest this solves a particularly reg centric problem
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just having a go on the beta for Bleeding Edge.

It is that Overwatch like thing with a heavy melee focus.
    It's all a bit flat tbh.
    The music is ok in menus but disappears in game. A similar thing with the character designs. They are alright but the camera is back enough that they got lost a bit.
    Combat, again there is something there, I am sure there is more depth to be found but it initially doesnt feel as interesting as For Honour and definitely lacks weight to attacks or real feedback. It is a melee focused game so I expect some heft to my attacks. I was playing as a big punchy guy and his chained punches felt more like flailing than pummeling.

It also has levelling and item unlocks which put balance into question. I just did some basic tasks (dailys if you will) which unlocked a weapon mod for a character I hadn't played as yet.

It is MP so likely not for me anyway but while I wish I could play Overwatch I dont get that desire here.

Not sure it will be troubling the big boys but maybe I'm missing something.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've just played a few games and am entirely unimpressed.  Like you said, there's nothing to the combat at all so it all feels very dull.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Ninja Theory innit? Never been impressed with their combat feel. Always feels like something is missing.
  • 100% spot on there.
  • Link's Awakening next for me I think. I've been waiting patiently for a framerate patch that probably isn't coming, and according to some it's not that bad anyway. Plus I'm on a bit of a Zelda kick atm as my daughter is playing BotW.

Hope I like it, it's pretty high up on my list of games that I wish hadn't passed me by.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Started HONK last night. Hmmm.
  • It's dangerous to go alone. Take a child with you.
  • Week off work starting today. Plans are basically a fucking lot of Yakuza games.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Started HONK last night. Hmmm.
    Massively overrated.

It is a great 10 minute diversion.
  • Finished Control and fancied a change a pace and colour and have played A Short Hike for an hour or so and by god its fucking brilliant.  Perhaps a nice amuse bouche before Animal Crossing hits.  It has a similar vibe, costs very little and would be really appreciated by loads on here.
  • Hopefully it gets ported to consoles at some point.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Hopefully it gets ported to consoles at some point.

You’ll love it
  • I forgot that I had ordered Bayo&Vanquish ages ago. Arrived today. 

I need to play Bayo again. And again. And again. Should play/finish Vanquish.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Anyone else playing Hunt: Showdown?
  • I’ve dabbled yeah. Has the potential to get real good if I put more hours in I think.
  • Nope
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I’ve dabbled yeah. Has the potential to get real good if I put more hours in I think.
    Yeah, I've only had a run through the tutorial but it seems like it could get incredibly tense in all the best ways. Really looking forward to digging into it properly. Feels rather fresh and a great spin on the BR format.

Though, probably, I'll play it for 2 sessions and never touch it again because life is just too damn busy.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tarkov is where its at
  • I don’t have the money or time to spend on that European Gun Pervert Simulator
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What's it doing Tigro? I'll have a browse later on but all I know about it is that it's a BR thing that's getting good scores. Hasn't it been in early access for ages?
  • The gist is pretty simple - you and two others drop into a map full of zombies and monsters and have to find clues to the location of two boss monsters (they’re easy to find with an alternate CLUE VISION which takes away your ability to see almost anything else).

As you find clues you narrow the map down into sections where the bosses can be. Other people are in the map too, doing this. When you find the boss’s lair - either via clues or accident - you get to fight it to kill it. After you’ve done that, you have to banish it. This takes 100 seconds, and when you start the banishment every player is alerted and they can use their cluevision to see where the banishment is happening. After the banishing is done you get two tokens, each token provides you with 5 seconds of walk hack supervision. From there you need to get to the extraction point on the map and leave, but it takes 30 seconds to activate the extraction point when you’re there.

You don’t have to do any of this though, you can roam but i gotta players, or just fame XP and leave. Characters you take into a map are liable to die and you’ll lose all your gear and XP on them, but you also have a player rank which unlocks buffs you can apply to new characters when they have enough XP to purchase them. It’s ace.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!