Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • Don't think I’ll ever rewatch a single episode as there was absolutely nothing I liked in that ending. Had enjoyed this series until then, but that just completely destroyed it all for me.
  • Ha, what did people want?

Because I'm feeling some might have been duped into thinking this show was something it wasn't because of this season.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • How on earth did you think it was going to end Vere?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • It looked fantastic again (the ruins, the parade, the dragon) and it would have been a pretty great end if they'd worked towards it in terms of character rather than going round in circles since they ran out of books. Jon and Dany hardly seemed like a couple though and Dany seems to have had a character transplant rather than a breakdown or an arc.

The happy ending for all the survivors was a real letdown, there's a weird contrast between how brave they've been with Daenerys and how craven the fan service is for everyone else.

No time travel was a let down as well, maybe they made Bloodraven king though.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Ha, what did people want?

Something that wasn’t slap-dash. Something that didn’t feel like the conclusion of a pantomime, where plot points are concluded by someone saying a sentence. I really don’t understand why the last two seasons were shortened, implying that they were running out of story to sustain it, then race through the content to squeeze it all in.

Mostly, I didn’t want the conclusion to be handed to the worst actor playing the least interesting character. I didn’t want the characters I’ve grown to like all turn out to be total cunts for a ‘democracy lol’ joke. Actually, while the series has had comedy, the ratio of playing for laughs in that episode gave it the air of the final performance of a school play.

There was lots to like in the first half of the episode, then it fell apart. Like a cyclist celebrating their victory only to wobble and crash 10m before the finish line. It’s rather telling that in earlier seasons, we had characters held as prisoners for half a season, and last night we had Tyrion and Jon’s two and a half months in custody dealt with in a fade to black and a throwaway line of dialogue.
  • Spoiler:
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Fell apart for me the instant Drogon destroyed the Iron Throne, something that meant absolutely nothing to him, grief stricken Dragon in poetic justice moment.

The comedic aspects they threw in at key times were Monty Python like. Bran for the King? Jon to end in such a way? Dany go die that quickly? Arya completely pointless. Sansa a little Bitch. Grey Worm an absolute dick, fresh from killing every enemy of the queen to just arresting the guy that stabbed her in the chest? I could go on and on.

The amount of storylines that just ceased to be, Jon’s real name, pointless, even with the letters Varys had been sending, No point in Jon being a Targaryen at all. That entire scene in the Dragon Pit with the ‘High Council’ had all the passion, tension and drama of a prison council meeting at work over vending machines. And who the hell were those people? Of course the dead lords and ladies need replacing but whom the fuck are you? No point Bran saying I’m not Bran to then being like ‘Yo why you think I’m here I’m Bran the nearly brain dead who needs a master of whisperers though I know everything anyway’.

Just so so bad.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll stick my oar in the I enjoyed it camp, but I cry every time the 40 endings of return of the king come on. Most important for me was Arya going on and just fucking exploring the world. The right ending for her.
  • Yup. She was always going to be the you can never go back character.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Felt like when a character gets written out of Corrie or something.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Having disliked the preceding episodes, I thought they turned it around well and concluded it all in a decent way.

If and when Martin finishes off the books it’ll be interesting to see how they compare. Given this season’s reception he may be quite happy to diverge a lot from them and not just the great big tangents he goes off on normally.
    Things can only get better.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Yup. She was always going to be the you can never go back character.

What's best about it is she never got her righteous revenge that was promised, and she just had to live with knowing that the world wasn't just.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I actually enjoyed that ending. 
    Reminded me of The Wire ending that everyone hated but I also liked. 
    Life goes on, history keeps getting written and not much changes, what you thought was epic times are just times and not everyone has a happy ending. 

Wait, everyone hated the ending to The Wire? It was superb.

Edit: Livdiv if you're reading watch out, there are Wire spoilers further down the page.
  • Yup. I loved the ending of The Wire.
  • Happy with the ending to this. Quality TV all told, lost its way a bit but nothing remotely like this has sustained eight seasons of quality anyway. Plus this season definitely wasn't the worst. A- overall; worked as something genuinely great for a good while, then continued to be thoroughly enjoyable as bit of a romp from season six onwards.
  • I've loved all of Game of Thrones.

I liked where they left all the major characters, particularly the obituary to the Kingslayer.

I loved Jon going North, Sansa taking the crown, Arya going exploring...

And yet I didn't like the episode. I think it's the first episode I've actually not liked. I hated the small council argument at the end and... Well, I don't know. Need to reflect on it some more. Something didn't work for me and I feel very flat.

Battle of Winterfell was the high point of my life so far.
  • Desperately wanted Brienne to write:
    “Done the sex with Brienne of Tarth” under Jaime’s name.
  • I thought she was going to write something about kids and rub her belly.
  • g.man wrote:
    Yup. I loved the ending of The Wire.

I can’t remember the last episode precisely but the last season was very weak versus the other four. Especially the McNulty storyline, which was frankly ridiculous, especially for a series so steeped in realism. I was well disappointed overall with final season of The Wire. Seasons 1-4 were awesome tho.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Spoiler:
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Agreed but the final montage was immense.
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Well, moderately disappointed with the ending, mainly that
    Spoiler:
    But it's as good a way of wrapping things up as they could've done I reckon. Been a good season, never reached the highs of some of the early stuff but I've enjoyed it.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Really enjoyed that episode, far better than the last one and a satisfying ending to the series. Looking forward to both spin off series, with Arya exploring West of Westeros and becoming the first female Witcher and the other one where they rebuild the 6 Kingdoms peacefully whilst arguing with each other.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Cheers for the heads up Moot!
    Just shot to the bottom of the page.

As for this.
    Well I really liked the ending.

The Stark kids all got their desires but in a way they never thought they would.

Jon went to the wall and beyond, back to the wild where he first felt he belonged and was happiest. He never wanted part of the ruling nonsense.

Arya is off on her adventures, swashbuckling and seeing the world beyond the world.

Sansa became a queen. Not the bimbo hanging off the arm of a handsome prince as she thought but a true ruler of men.

Bran climbed as high as any man could.

As for the ep itself. Some brilliant writing in the first half, thoroughly enjoyed that. My only gripe really is that it was a little bit confusing when jumping to the Lords and Ladies in the Colosseum, didn't really click that a good amount of time had passed.

Major mystery is where Drogon went at. Where did he take her body?

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Jumped to the end. Will go back a couple pages. But have to say I really enjoyed that episode. Lot of what GoT was good for which was dialogue. Liked the small council at the end and the three Starks at the end was a nice mirror of the first series when John was going away, Sansa wanted to be queen and Arya wanted adventure. I’m sure there’ll be some picking going on, but after the last episode and the the long night episode this is comparatively a masterpiece.
  • Also the dark Kings Landing reminded me of dark Hyrule as adult Link in OOT.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!