Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • Has anyone mentioned how fucking amazing the music has been in this series?

Saw it this morning and again now, was disappointed with the
    Spoiler:
    but after watching it again I loved it.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well Liv. I could’ve saved you some typing there as we literally said the same thing. Except Bron, because well... Bron.

I recall a lot of the characters mainly because I’m also part way through series 2 again with the missus.

There’s always people going to moan but what they gonna do? And I’m so bloody glad they didn’t.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Music is great especially that final bit where the wildlings are moving through the forest. Oh and I also like the Lannister theme. Or is it the Cersei theme I never know.

One great spot was bitty boy in the coliseum at the end all grown up. Should’ve had a milk moustache.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Well Liv. I could’ve saved you some typing there as we literally said the same thing. Except Bron, because well... Bron.

I recall a lot of the characters mainly because I’m also part way through series 2 again with the missus.

There’s always people going to moan but what they gonna do? And I’m so bloody glad they didn’t.
    Spoiler:
    You
    Spoiler:

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:

Major mystery is where Drogon went at. Where did he take her body?

He's going to find another red priest to bring Dany back from the dead.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Kernowgaz You said that in the voice of Little Finger
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Well Liv. I could’ve saved you some typing there as we literally said the same thing. Except Bron, because well... Bron. I recall a lot of the characters mainly because I’m also part way through series 2 again with the missus. There’s always people going to moan but what they gonna do? And I’m so bloody glad they didn’t.
    Spoiler:
    You
    Spoiler:
    My download didn't have one. What did I miss?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Skeletor pops back up from the water and crackles "I'll be back!"
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    In the words of Martin Roberts, "its different, but i like it"

martin_0.png
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Enjoyed that. Could have ended with the dragon flying off, but whatever. It wasn't the most interesting of finales but it wasn't what I was expecting either so that's ok.
  • Ooh, ooh.
    That shot where we first see Daenerys and Drogon's wings look to unfold from her back.

I liked that very much yes.

Also the opening with Tyrion doing the walk was haunting.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hypershit
  • I’m on team G, Reg & Skerret. Top episode. Proper ending. Everything felt inevitable. Perfect.
  • And I almost teared up at Jon’s reunion with Ghost.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Ooh, ooh. That shot where we first see Daenerys and Drogon's wings look to unfold from her back.

that is all i've seen and know from this episode. hated it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    And I almost teared up at Jon’s reunion with Ghost.

At least all those "hes a good boi you monster" type memes can go in the bin.
  • Really enjoyed that.

I can also understand why many will hate it (and this season in general) but I felt it was a fitting end to a fantastic tv show that I've looked forward to and enjoyed over the last 8 years or so.
  • I actually quite liked the episode. That was was I was hoping they would do with the other longer episodes instead of pissing them away on extended battles. They had limited screen time in this last season so it was nice that they used it.

But while I thought it was a good ending episode I don't know if it was a good ending episode for game of thrones. Suffered from the Hollywood style this whole season has had where there's been no great surprises and a bit too much clunky cliche. Even the fact that looking at where Jaime and Cersei died and how the bricks we laying about that they could have taken a few steps to the side and been okay.

I did like the hand council at the end and Sir Pod and the writing of Jaime story though.

I think Dany should have stabbed Jon in that moment though. I really liked her speech, seemed like old school Dany, but then she turned into a puppy dog again in the throne room...
  • I think her turning soft on John is well explained by Tyrion.

She cannot see how what she did was anything but heartfelt and loving and pure. It is her fairy tale ending with her prince charming with her.
    She's lost the bloody plot.
  • I loved her Nuremberg rally. Subtle as a brick, but perfectly pitched.
  • In the words of Martin Roberts, "its different, but i like it"

martin_0.png

Yeah, but he also likes Jordan Henderson's massive pile of lamb shanks in his living room.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • For that picture alone, the 8 years have been worth it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Needs some confetti in the beard. Great idea, poor execution.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Head too small but it made me chuckle.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I enjoyed the episode, but there are some inconsistencies, and things that just didn't fit with the theme of the show.

Inconsistencies:

The dragon picks up Dany and flies away, and is over the sea in a few seconds, but later Greyworm knows that Jon stabbed her through the heart. Given his devotion to her, no way was Jon going to be taken prisoner. He would have been instantly executed, and Tyrion would have been too a few minutes later.

Bran seems to have some level of precognition as he knew he was going to be named king, but he didn't tell anyone that Dany was going to murder everyone in Kings Landing.

Greyworm, the Unsullied (and presumably the Dothraki) just leave, and are completely okay with the Seven Kingdoms being now the Six Kingdoms.

Theme Issues:

The entire happy ending, Return of the King vibe to the last twenty minutes.

The vast majority of remaining main characters just had nice happy endings. It was just bizarre.

I did enjoy the Small Council scene though.
  • I assumed Jon turned himself in, makes no sense otherwise.  Bran let everything happen because it all happened the way it was supposed to.  Like Jesus.
  • Or he planned it all.
  • Bingo. Moot gets it.

My only criticism is that nobody made a decent reference to Ned Stark in the final 20 minutes. I was banking on at least a ‘he who passes the sentence should wield the sword’ or summat. Especially after Tyrion basically passed the sentence then left Jon to do the deed.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't think they had nice happy endings, as it very much isn't the end of anything except the Night King and Dany. The wheel is still turning and while the Starks are at the top for the moment, nothing will stop it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!