Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • halfgone wrote:
    That was an ending I found very satisfying. The Starks won the game of thrones! 2.5 heads of state (the king beyond the wall is the. 5). And of course it makes sense for Bran to be King, he can time travel, go into others bodys and is of a personality type he wont go mad or take advantage of his position. I thought they would go all grimdark with Dany (Actually the only thing that grated was how they actually started calling her that) would end up as a tyrant queen and find more dragon eggs. I see its imperfections but cannot understand all the bellyaching. Its fine to give out about what was but, tell us what did you want? Episodes teasing out dragon intelligence, roll call of the surviving dothraki (despite the darkness of that episode many were clearly seen pegging it back to winterfell), subtitles naming which inn en-route to kings land they were at or subtitles with "6 months later." etc... Its hardly like lost (is there a thread for that ending? Would be nice to compare).
    Lost predates the forum by a couple of years. My memory is that a lot of people had given up on that long before the end, likewise Battlestar Galactica and Heroes. People certainly seemed to stick with this, although it was far less about mysteries that needed answers, even if there were a lot in the background.
  • Lost was a mess, not helped by the writers strike but it didn't seem to be particularly well planned.

A thread on best endings would be fun but I suspect the risk of spoilers would hinder open chat.

Generally though TV show endings go down like a lead balloon with the general public.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I felt down by lost at the time but enjoy it now in hindsight. I think I may be one of 3 people in the world who watched every episode.
  • I've thought about going back but there is better stuff out there.
  • Fringe had a good ending.

Although nothing will ever beat Blakes 7.
  • Breaking Bad seemed to pass the internet test.

I love the ending to Sopranos but many people dont or dont get it.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I felt down by lost at the time but enjoy it now in hindsight. I think I may be one of 3 people in the world who watched every episode.

I am 2nd, bloody loved Lost, for all its faults.
  • Band of Brothers is (definitively and objectively) / (in my opinion) the best TV programme ever. It has a perfectly pitched (literally and metaphorically) ending, and there’s an aspect of it (without going into detail to avoid any possible spoilers) that works differently depending on how many times you’ve watched it, but nevertheless has impact every time you watch it.
  • I enjoyed Lost. Some shark jumping in the middle but I felt they got the it back on track by the end. I think I may be one of 3 people in the world who watched every episode. 

Now, Heroes, that series really shit the bed.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Agree with all of that Andy, it is a different beast mind.
    Telling a true story comes with it's own challenges of course, but will be mapped out from the off and will always have a limited run and set ending.
    I do love Band of Brothers though.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Agree with all of that Andy, it is a different beast mind. Telling a true story comes with it's own challenges of course, but will be mapped out from the off and will always have a limited run and set ending. I do love Band of Brothers though.

Same, excellent stuff. I remember watching them on BBC back in the day.
  • Series one of Heroes was a solid 10 though, eh? They just fucked the follow through.
  • Heroes was a writers strike victim as well.
  • Can’t blame it entirely on the writers strike. The latter seasons were truly awful. Hell, the attempted reboot was even worse.
  • poprock wrote:
    Series one of Heroes was a solid 10 though, eh? They just fucked the follow through.

So true. Everything that followed was a hot mess.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Ha. Tbh, it was never my thing, I just remember being at Uni and people raving about it then being gutted over the second season.

Thinking of starting an "ending" thread. Will need some rules though on spoilers.
  • The Shield ends strongly.  It's on More 4, btw.
  • Six Feet Under had an ending that was bold and unusual with an undercurrent of unintentional lol.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I enjoyed Lost. Some shark jumping in the middle but I felt they got the it back on track by the end. I think I may be one of 3 people in the world who watched every episode. 

Now, Heroes, that series really shit the bed.

Uh oh, there's 4 of us!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lost - loved it all, the characters, the mystery, the deliberate slow drip feed pace, even the ending.

BSG - absolutely nothing wrong with the ending of this show.

Band of Brothers - timeless TV that I’ll watch again and again until I’m dead.

Heroes series 1 was pretty much perfect. Can’t believe how low subsequent series fell in quality.
  • Nice article here with comments from a variety of Game of Thrones extras on what it was like to work on.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-oral-history-bit-players.html

Some especially lovely bits about the bloke who played Tormund being a classically trained ballet dancer, the Night’s Watch being made up of metal musicians, and Kit Harrington being a decent bloke down the pub.
  • Spin off series then?  Arya goes it alone in 'West of Westros'.  Hound comes back from the dead.  Good times all round.

There was a lot to admire about this last ever episode.  But it can't fail to leave a sour taste in the mouth.  Jon Snow comes back from the dead, survives the Battle of the Bastards and the Long Night, only to...end up where he started?   Quite possibly the most unsatisfying story arc of any character ever written.

Dany's murder at the hands of her nephew....just no. There was hardly any discussion, no long back and forth about their differing visions about the future of the Seven Kingdoms.  Just a quick stab and a slightly sad dragon. SAD.  That bit about her not being able to count to 20 in her childhood was repeated twice, as if it was something very profound.  It wasn't.  It was just shit writing.

And making Bran King of Everything made no sense.  He was the Seer who had no interest in the affairs of men. Only a oracle who could see into the past to divine the truth in the present. IT MADE NO SENSE MAKING HIM KING.  And that smug line at the end, 'What do I think I was here for?' was fucking rank.

Sorry, I didn't want to become angry internet person, but really?, this is how it ends?  Lovely visuals, but no soul left.  I feel dead inside.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • A Song of Garbage and Fire.
  • A wail of tits and dragons
    SFV - reddave360
  • Needs a gender words per minute scatter diagram too.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Spin off series then?  Arya goes it alone in 'West of Westros'.  Hound comes back from the dead.  Good times all round. There was a lot to admire about this last ever episode.  But it can't fail to leave a sour taste in the mouth.  Jon Snow comes back from the dead, survives the Battle of the Bastards and the Long Night, only to...end up where he started?   Quite possibly the most unsatisfying story arc of any character ever written. Dany's murder at the hands of her nephew....just no. There was hardly any discussion, no long back and forth about their differing visions about the future of the Seven Kingdoms.  Just a quick stab and a slightly sad dragon. SAD.  That bit about her not being able to count to 20 in her childhood was repeated twice, as if it was something very profound.  It wasn't.  It was just shit writing. And making Bran King of Everything made no sense.  He was the Seer who had no interest in the affairs of men. Only a oracle who could see into the past to divine the truth in the present. IT MADE NO SENSE MAKING HIM KING.  And that smug line at the end, 'What do I think I was here for?' was fucking rank. Sorry, I didn't want to become angry internet person, but really?, this is how it ends?  Lovely visuals, but no soul left.  I feel dead inside.
    Read an article this week with a quote saying there will be no spin off series with any of the current characters in it.
    No Arya goes West.

Shame.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The lack of words in the last season was some of the best stuff.
    This is starting to get bizarre now.
  • 2001 has barely any dialogue, proper piece of shit movie.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!