CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I have a love/hate attitude toward zombie games where the night cycle is pitch black. Dying Light was the first. Now this - its soooo atmospheric, but you get fuck all done, other than creep cautiously, one inch at a time. 

Really enjoying this so far. But i love survival games, so i'm well happy looting houses and circumnavigating dangerous situations. That said, the melee combat is deliciously satisfying in that crowbar-meets-brain kinda way.

Certainly up for coop come Tuesday when all you GamePass lot jump on board. ;)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Any bugs so far Curtis? I suspect this will still be a blast in MP. Not all the reviews negative either.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The first was a buggy mess too and I still managed to get a ton of enjoyment from it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looking forward to this still, a few bugs won't put me off. Pro Tips and strats from Curtis would be much obliged too, I remember the first one being a little daunting when you're starting out and have so much to concentrate on.

I watched Cargo on Netflix this morning, a decent zombie film for once and really got me up for the whole sneaky scavenging thing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not sure if the coop jump in/out is a good thing. On one hand it'll be good to be able to progress solo, but on the other you're not joining a shared world you're just lending a hand. We shall see.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, not too chuffed about tethering to the host either. We'll have to see how it goes.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I think generally I play in fairly close proximity to the other person so I'd hazard a guess that tether isn't going to be an issue.

The further away, the lower the chance of saving when in danger.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, but I kind of like having the option should it arise. Like you're back at base, you need to build a few things and are short of resources for other upgrades. I'd like the possibility for one or two guys to stay at base and defend it/build stuff/whatever and another group go our scavenging.

As it stands, everyone is either at base building or out scavenging. Four people on the same resourse run will take away the challenge, stuff like sneaking in and taking your time will be put on the back burner as it's not necessary, it's faster and easier to run in and smash your way through.

This is all conjecture from someone who hasn't played the game mind, but I did enjoy the slow and quiet approach of the original and it'd be a shame to lose it.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Not sure if the coop jump in/out is a good thing. On one hand it'll be good to be able to progress solo, but on the other you're not joining a shared world you're just lending a hand. We shall see.

Coop is basically visiting the hosts community, but you still get loot/resources and XP to take back to your world so its not 'wasted' time.
  • It's up !

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/state-of-decay-2/9nt4x7p8b9nb?tduid=(b4d2ac1855f0d468ca24c4c0c136010d)(263915)(2824135)()()
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Downloading now. Don’t think I’ll get on with this but willing to give it a good try.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Downloaded. Shall give it a whirl later. Although it's reset day in Destiny 2 and Iron Banner. Oh and I'm building a base in Conan Exiles as well. Yikes!
  • Downloaded and played a bit whilst my boys finally napped this morning. After 20 minutes I realised I was bored and switched it off.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Fuck me the dark is tense!
  • My screen is so dark.
    Because it’s switched off
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Like your heart
  • Could do with concrete forum impressions stat. 
    Off to London tomorrow morning for a short holiday, and if this is a goer I'll set it to download in my absence.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • No jank for me as yet. Played for a couple of hours and enjoyed it, but not sure how long I could play sp for though - hopefully get some co op going soon
  • g.man wrote:
    Could do with concrete forum impressions stat. 
    Off to London tomorrow morning for a short holiday, and if this is a goer I'll set it to download in my absence.
    Have you not got Game pass G ?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Fuck me the dark is tense!

The night cycle is on par with Dying Light in its "fuck me do i wanna venture out in this?" - the only real light source is your vehicle's headlamps, but they attract way too much attention, so once you're on foot you really cannot tell where the threats are coming from until their red eyes appear (or very late on the radar). I love it, but it means you get very little exploration done until the sun shows its face.

Top Tip: You cannot quit to Dashboard hoping the game didn't auto-save. I tried earlier when i accidentally wrecked my Police Cruiser with a trunk full of goodies. When i reloaded, i was stood in-front of my flaming wreck. lol! Luckily the loot didn't burn up, but it took me forever to find a new car to transfer all the goods. 

Most Important Tip: Do not go 4x4-ing over the hills & rocks in your vehicle! It will get stuck on scenery, and it will filp. Stick to the main roads even though it eats fuel. There are no shortcuts, even on foot.

I'm really enjoying the risk-versus-reward of "how far do i wanna push it?". Had some real butt-clenching moments where i thought that particular character was perma-fucked, but I narrowly escaped. 

Love the melee combat. Shooting is great. Traversal is awful. You have to be in the mindset knowing that its not as polished as most other games. But hey, i can't stop playing it.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Nope.
  • Cheap enough to feel like renting a few games for a month G, if you don’t like any just keep it at a month, if you even like one then it’s worth another couple at least.
  • Aye, it's a good deal, but I'm just not that fussed. Don't buy many games these days so I don't grudge paying for the ones I do.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve downloaded about a billion games free through GwG and bought about another half-billion cheap in sales, I haven’t played any of them. Why the hell would I pay for monthly access to another twelve-hundred billion games on top of that?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Nope.

Its £25 g.man - thats fuck all. A rental.
  • Indeed.
  • I've only done the first hour; tutorial intro, set up first base, survey point, scavenge mission, didn't seem buggy to me.  Polish is not triple A, but coming off the back of a recent playthrough of the ported original it's a definite step up in quality.  It's probably very much a retread of the original with a few new ideas thrown in but I'm enjoying it so far, didn't want to stop.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!