State of Decay
  • G survived The Division so will be fine with this. Do the storage lockers fill up?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Pro tip on emptying your inventory after resource gathering. Use and abuse the RT shortcut to transfer stash from the car boot to the home stash. Empty what you've already got in there using RT, then add what's in your backpack to the boot and repeat. Keep what you need in the way of meds, snacks, fuel, etc so you don't need to visit the home stash.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    G survived The Division so will be fine with this. Do the storage lockers fill up?

This doesn't have gloves though.
  • I could open a fucking shop!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Managed to flip my car while trying to use it to clear an infestation. It then caught fire and exploded! Amazingly the 4 backpacks in the boot survived.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Well that was a shite bug.

Juggernaut appears, just as Im helping an enclave and all hud items and crosshairs and access to any items carried like bombs disappear!

Survived and did the Jugger but damn that was not fun!
  • 7b2f354f1d27d7177e974ab18d059315.gif
  • Did this not have a Day 1 patch?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It did, now it has another:
    Spoiler:

20GB download g. Best of luck.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    FUCK MY LIFE!

• Feck, I need to resurrect that thread I did back in Maroonroom that listed all the LOL worthy patch fixes out there.  Not wishing to spoil 'Sparky's last entry there but:

Characters no longer “self-shadow” when using a flashlight
    Zombies no longer become immune to the Assault Kick
    Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of client character’s face

had me in fucking pleats!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It wasn't putting it in tags because any of it is a spoiler, just to save screen space as it's a pretty big list of shit.
  • I liked this one:

Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of client character’s face or behind their head while throwing.
  • I've experienced very few of those bugs, but the door not being in the right position getting fixed is a minor but welcome one.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Looks liks they just fixed my one: ‘Fixed issue with player HUD disappearing after NPCs are executed by zombies’
  • :(
  • This is royally taking the piss then.
    Got back from London last Monday and spent the week downloading State of Decay 2 and nothing but patch after patch for a bunch of other titles.
    State of Decay 2 install was 19gig. Fair enough. That's not huge for a modern game, but it's still not ideal. Then there was the 9gig patch for PUBG, presumably because of the Miramar launch.

I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD TIME TO BOOT UP EITHER OF THESE GAMES YET.

Turn on the Bone this morning and yup, there's a fucking 20gig "patch" for SoD2 and another 9gig "patch" for PUBG.

THESE ARE NOT PATCHES.

These are entirely new copies of the complete games, and it's a fucking joke.
    Honestly, if devs can't actually incorporate their fixes into a reasonable sized patch then they should be working in McDonalds, not game development.

NOT FUCKING HAPPY

g.man
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Have you played this yet g? I'm pretty certain it won't be your bag, but you should get a few co-op lols out of it at least.
  • I haven't even had the opportunity to boot it up yet mate. Certainly unlikely to get on it this weekend with a 20gig patch downloading.
  • ...and while I'm ranting, WHO IN THE WILD WORLD OF SPORTS IS STUPID ENOUGH TO RELEASE A MANDATORY 20GIG PATCH ON A FUCKING SATURDAY MORNING?!

fml

g.man
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    wp5qGxs.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Worst thing is I’ve encontered more bugs since the patch hit lol
  • Oh super! That means there will probably be a 25gig patch on Monday just in time for when I finish downloading the current patch...
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    So a few bugs since the update I’ve had:

- Random loading screens when driving around.

- Teleporting characters when switching, in one case teleporting in a pile of boxes in my base I couldn't get out of.

- No description of items having searchrd stuff unless you move cursor first.

Still love it though, probably should move base but I cba at the moment. Got a lovely military trick to pootle round in and a few automatics that are handy for plague hearts. Juggernauts still make me panic though!

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pipe bombs are apparently the best thing for dealing with plague hearts. 3 or 4 of the should do the trick.
  • Still love it though, probably should move base but I cba at the moment. Got a lovely military trick to pootle round in and a few automatics that are handy for plague hearts. Juggernauts still make me panic though!

I moved, outgrown my initial base, too few expansion slots, now in a more convenient central location.

The game is really good, that EG review is a disgrace.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It's not a polished first person action adventure game like all the 'best' games are , of course it's crap.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Still love it though, probably should move base but I cba at the moment. Got a lovely military trick to pootle round in and a few automatics that are handy for plague hearts. Juggernauts still make me panic though!

I moved, outgrown my initial base, too few expansion slots, now in a more convenient central location.

The game is really good, that EG review is a disgrace.

Yeah its great.

What base did you grab?

• I can't tell what it is called now, Centre Office I think, almost dead centre. I started in the foothills, first base I came to.
  • I might actually give this a go - I trust you Webbins, don’t let me down.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!