State of Decay
  • This would be great not just with co-op but with shared worlds ala minecraft.
    You dont log in for a couple of days but when you do you find that your mate has been on gathering supplies or upgraded the workshop or even stolen everything and effed off down the road where you can go and try and steal the lot back.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Fingers crossed Undead Labs get to do their MMO version for Xbox One. Could be awesome.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    The game very nearly punished me for one moment of indiscretion.

i really like the balance between the stamina and fighting/running. makes for some proper "oh shit zombies everywhere!" moments
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, it really does trigger your fight or flight responds, unlike most games which just trigger the fight.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, it's a good balance. So is the number of zombies you can actually take on, one of two is no problem, three to five and you're going to need a gun to take a few out before they get too close, 5+ and you're better off leaving them be. Kiting works well too, alert a couple, lead them somewhere quiet, kill them, go back and start again.

The super zeds add nothing to this dynamic for me, this should be all there is. You learn the rules and live by them. It doesn't need bosses or anything like that.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, super zeds can piss off. Which are the ones that stink up the car when you squash them? I've had to abandon a couple of cars at pretty inconvenient times because of them, but, have yet to encounter one on foot.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't drive into them anymore, I can't get my noggin around repairing them so I don't want to damage my motor. How do you repair vehicles and weapons? I've built a workshop but can use it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If you park in the proper parking spot back at home it should repair a little over night I think. Same as weapons left in the cache.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah right, didn't realise you had to put them back into the store, thought I'd just be able to repair it at the workshop.

I've had a fucked car without doors parked in the right space for days, nowt seems to be happening.
  • yeah i think you need a mechanic in your group and to leave a car in the space with the little blue P sign next to it, plus having a workshop upgrade. when i go about town it's littered with all the bashed up cars i've left pouring smoke/fire!

also as per the vey start, if you're with 2 or 3 people you can mow down zombies pretty easilly. i have a feeling the super zombies are probably geared towards co-op. i'm not a fan either but you have to imagine with 2 or 3 people pretty levelled up you can kill quite a few hordes.
  • So I really like the demo

but

and this is where I sound completely pathetic

it was too scary.

Zombies freak me out, always have. Comes from watching Dawn of the Dead too young.

So I'm all over this when co-op comes, but as sp, no thanks.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    played a few hours today and loved every minute. Turned it off and came back to find that despite saying "saved" it never actually saved. still a fucking brilliant game
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If your on the demo it doesn't save.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    not on the demo, full game. It was a right ball ache. Saved me time in a way though, second time round as I knew where to hit first
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    So I had a crack on this earlier. It's promising yeah.

Unfortunately, to my spoilt eyes it looked like a PS2 game. I'm no graffx whore (I am) but I think I might hang on for the PC version.
  • Is this single player then?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    So I had a crack on this earlier. It's promising yeah. Unfortunately, to my spoilt eyes it looked like a PS2 game. I'm no graffx whore (I am) but I think I might hang on for the PC version.
    ...and an early one at that.
  • This is really good. Controls and graphics stop it from being brillos.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, it has niggles, but its so good that I find myself not caring. Like sparky said to me last night if they can produce a co op game like this for the next gen machines I'm in from the start.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    So I had a crack on this earlier. It's promising yeah. Unfortunately, to my spoilt eyes it looked like a PS2 game. I'm no graffx whore (I am) but I think I might hang on for the PC version.
    I don't think it'll look much different on the PC, but it's not about the graphics anyway you cheap, dirty slut.

@Moto70 I can't believe you're not playing this, it's the zombie game you've always wanted.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @Moto70 I can't believe you're not playing this, it's the zombie game you've always wanted.
    When it's got co-op it might be!

tbh what I've seen of it on my lad's 360 it's not for me, I wanted GTA size maps and density but with every building accessible not acres of 16bit woods. Now I know the next gen is coming I want GTA size maps and density but with The Last Of Us graphics.

Nobody will ever make the zombie game I want!
  • Btw - this just got an update this morning that apparently fixes a few things.

[ul]
    [li]NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation[/li][li]Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.[/li][li]Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.[/li][li]NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.[/li][li]The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.[/li][li]UPDATED: The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.[/li][li]You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.[/li][li]Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.[/li][li]Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.[/li][li]NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.[/li][li]You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.[/li][li]Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.[/li][li]NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.[/li][li]Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.[/li][li]Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.[/li][li]Fixed a few rare crash bugs.[/li][li]Fixed various translations bugs.[/li]
    [/ul]
  • Actually, seems to be even more fucked than before.
    Now my game constantly says "too many infestations" even though theres none showing on my map, and I keep losing -5 morale every few minutes, so now all my survivors have fled and are missing, so I've only got one knackered survivor left (plus lily on the radio as she never leaves). Bah.
    Maybe I had an infestation before the update and this has screwed my game, but it looks like I'll have to start over completely :-(
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You need to climb your nearest lookout point every couple of days to identify new infestations before they appear on your map.
  • I did - there was none nearby.
    This game is a buggy mess. Annoyingly, 2 survivors jumped and got torn apart by a feral this morning, and just looked up the notes for patch 2 (coming next week possibly) and one of the fixes is "edge weapons now correctly damage ferals" ... Fuck, that'll be why I wasn't killing the fucking thing with my kukri
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, it is buggy, it is a beta essentially.  Would be nice if they rewarded us early adopters when the "final" version is released.
  • Quite a few people here having the same invisible infestation leading to missing survivors issue:
    http://forums.undeadlabs.com/forumdisplay.php?15-State-of-Decay-Bugs
  • I'm intrigued by this after reading about it on euro gamer, it's single player?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yes, only single player right now.
  • Really tempted to buy it. Too much though, especially considering the bugz.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!