Xbox One
  • Must be worse for g.man, I bet he keeps thinking people are asking him out for a pint.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Careful Raiz, you don't want to come off as a bit of a masochist.
    Have you read that interview? Not only do they have nothing now,  that guy at least didn't seem to have any confidence anything is coming later on. What is it, like £450?
    Seriously dude, you've made your point, that you don't see the point in it. But you've just bought a PS4 Pro for checkerboard 4K and no 4K drive? People are getting it as the best place to play games they currently own, future releases, their back compat catalogue, the exclusives they want, for a 4K BR Drive, for Dolby Atmos support etc. Just because they're not launching a number of exclusives upon release doesn't make it the worst idea ever. Isn't it better to have more options in buying anything? I'd like a console that will take advantage of my 4KTV, my surround sound and offer me the best place to play the games I want. It's that simple. You don't see the point for you, we get it.
    The Ps4 Pro didn't launch with any exclusives but that wasn't mentioned
    Comparing the 1X and the Pro is a false equivalence. Look, I think the Pro is disappointing. It should have been more and the 1X is clearly the better machine, But MS are positioning the 1X as much more like a new console and an attempt to claw back market share.

I see the XOX as an upgrade to the Xbone in the same way that the Pro is to the PS4. How is it any different?

I find it amusing that you've just bought a Pro even though you find it a disappointment, while at the same time calling people masochists for upgrading their console for probably much the same reasons you did. Odd point of view you have there.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm sure it's great, just annoyed with the acronym.

Every time I see RDR2 I hear beeps and whistles.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Battlegrounds is the most-streamed game on Twitch currently isn't it?
  • The hobbyists who are keen will buy this even if to upgrade their current titles, they want to play the best version of Forza or Halo or CoD that consoles can offer. That audience is secure, it was since Scorpio was first talked about.

With no showcase game to really show off what the hardware can do it dilutes the hype somewhat outside of that secure audience and will cost them impulse buys (yes people impulse buy £500 things all the time).
    I think that is a shame.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just want to play Lucky's Tail in 4K.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Olimite wrote:
    Battlegrounds is the most-streamed game on Twitch currently isn't it?

Might have the most individual streams going out, but CS:GO, Hearthstone, LoL and Dota2 are usually watched more.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

I don't
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • The hobbyists who are keen will buy this even if to upgrade their current titles, they want to play the best version of Forza or Halo or CoD that consoles can offer. That audience is secure, it was since Scorpio was first talked about.

With no showcase game to really show off what the hardware can do it dilutes the hype somewhat outside of that secure audience and will cost them impulse buys (yes people impulse buy £500 things all the time).
    I think that is a shame.

But reading the interview that G man posted Sony must be stopping Cod and Destiny being upgraded unless it's being confirmed later but as they've paid loads for exclusivity I can imagine they won't be upgraded
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

Me too. Anything with a splash of colour.
  • I see the XOX as an upgrade to the Xbone in the same way that the Pro is to the PS4. How is it any different? I find it amusing that you've just bought a Pro even though you find it a disappointment, while at the same time calling people masochists for upgrading their console for probably much the same reasons you did. Odd point of view you have there.

OK then I'll make make it simpler - let me take back all that stuff about it being sold as a new console and not being like the Pro etc.

Let's just go with the hobbyist angle - that these consoles are just a better way to enjoy new and existing stuff.

Sony are in a really strong position here to say "look at all these awesome games you've played or have yet to play. Wanna spend £350 and play even better versions of these games?"

From what I've read, by and large the answer has been "no". I don't think the Pro has sold gangbusters at all. But Sony's library can absolutely stand up to that kind of scrutiny, and if you had the spare cash and a fancy telly to show it off, an upgrade is totally reasonably.

In contrast MS are asking roughly the same question but with a much higher price-tag and far less on the table to start with.

They really, really shouldn't be generating any more attention on their comparative lack content and should be investing heavily in that instead.

Like I said before, all this does it shine more light on their obvious weaknesses.

And what's the product of this?

Just look what's happening - two articles in EG 24 hours basically saying how pointless their new machine is.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • This is all getting very silly.
  • Sony have said the Pro is actually selling above their expectations. Something like 1 in 5 PS4s is a Pro. Considering there were 50million+ PS4s out there, that isn't bad at all.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I know very little about sales figures so this is based on nothing but a hunch, but 1 in 5 PS4's 'in the wild' being the Pro model smacks of total bollocks to me.
  • I was staying with my parents last week and playing my Bone on their glorious 720p set. Fuck yer 4K.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I know very little about sales figures so this is based on nothing but a hunch, but 1 in 5 PS4's 'in the wild' being the Pro model smacks of total bollocks to me.

It's nearly been out a year so I take this back as it makes sense now that I've thought about it.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Sony have said the Pro is actually selling above their expectations. Something like 1 in 5 PS4s is a Pro. Considering there were 50million+ PS4s out there, that isn't bad at all.

1 in 5 new ones sold maybe?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Guys, get the telly size you want, it's your hobby. Don't settle for anything less - you're worth it.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @JRPC I'm not sure what difference sales figures and EG articles make to the enjoyment someone gets out of a console to be honest. Fuck all, if they're sensible. Would you be happier about your disappointing Pro purchase if everyone on earth had three each?

I really don't get a lot of the negativity around this to be honest. If you don't like it don't buy it, if others do then that's perfectly acceptable isn't it? No need for name calling and all that fanboy wank.

I'm not getting a Pro or XOX because I've not got the TV to get the most out of it and lack the desire for shiny, but if others are further along the TV upgrade path than me then fair play, they have something to buy which satisfies their needs. No skin off my nose.
  • Shhhhh hair, we need to talk about which box of plastic is better than the other, you're taking us off topic.
  • Getting the XBoner past the missus was relatively easy, aided by my 40th five days before release and her £130 box of toiletries that turned up at the weekend. The 4k telly is proving more difficult however...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Tell her the games run faster on the 4k TV, so you will spend less time playing them.
  • DO NOT TELL HER THAT
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Sabotage the old one and tell her the 65" Sony A1 (I want one) you just spent five grand on only cost two hundred quid down the market.
    Get schwifty.
  • I've been trying to convince mrs bawjaws we need a new 4k telly, a bonexoxo and possibly ditch Virgin in favour of sky multiroom. Telling her it's not for me, it's for babyjaws when he arrives, so all the other babies won't take the piss out of him.

She's not having it.
  • Oh well. At least you have done the ground work for when she tries to buy the all singing all dancing changing mat with matching crap bag bin.
  • That ship has sailed I'm afraid, spare room full of a fancy twisty nappy bin, some kind of pump (for easy expressing, whatever that is), changing table, moses basket, crib, cot, car seats (x2, plus base), assorted bottles and other accessories.........and this thing that, as far as i can make out, is a tassimo machine but for baby bottles.

(Sorry, probably wrong thread for that wee rant......)
  • No sterilizer??

Protip:  Don't get the fancy pants Philips one that's a sort of horizontal kettle, get the much cheaper and significantly less faff plastic tub that you shove in the microwave.

PS do you want to buy an fancy pants Philips sterilizer?
  • Unlikely wrote:
    No sterilizer??

Protip:  Don't get the fancy pants Philips one that's a sort of horizontal kettle, get the much cheaper and significantly less faff plastic tub that you shove in the microwave.

PS do you want to buy an fancy pants Philips sterilizer?

Apparently her sister was going to buy the fancy pants tommy tippee one that plugs in. She's adamant she doesn't want the microwave one. But, her sister keeps patching her, so fuck knows. Her pals organising a surprise baby shower in a few weeks, we'll see what she gets there.

That reminds me, i need to tell motherjaws about that....
  • Srsly, get the microwave one.

HawBawJaws and I would like to apologise for derailing your highbrow and extremely mature console discussion with our fanboy sterilizer preference bullshit.  As you were.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!