Xbox One
  • Careful Raiz, you don't want to come off as a bit of a masochist.

Have you read that interview?

Not only do they have nothing now,  that guy at least didn't seem to have any confidence anything is coming later on.

What is it, like £450?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Unlikely wrote:
    NO DEAL

Wait, shit.

Fine, I'll unpack it all again! Opportunity GONE!
  • This is all Frantic's fault.  Goddammit Frantic.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Deal with it.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Careful Raiz, you don't want to come off as a bit of a masochist.

Not only do they have nothing now,  that guy at least didn't seem to have any confidence anything is coming later on.

What is it, like £450?

Seriously dude, you've made your point, that you don't see the point in it. But you've just bought a PS4 Pro for checkerboard 4K and no 4K drive?

People are getting it as the best place to play games they currently own, future releases, their back compat catalogue, the exclusives they want, for a 4K BR Drive, for Dolby Atmos support etc.

Just because they're not launching a number of exclusives upon release doesn't make it the worst idea ever. Isn't it better to have more options in buying anything? I'd like a console that will take advantage of my 4KTV, my surround sound and offer me the best place to play the games I want.

It's that simple. You don't see the point for you, we get it.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Hahaha.

What 4K TV did you get?  I'm sniffing about, although until the seemingly indestructible Bravia goes pop it's going to be hard to justify.

Wait until next year when the new HDMI spec (2.1? 3.1? I forget, something .1 anyway) becomes generally available and you'll have no more screen tearing or stuttering from the Bone X.

But top dollar prices

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don't expect that the new TVs next year will cost any more than the new TVs this year, if anything I'd expect them to be less even with the new HDMI spec, but then this year's TVs will be even cheaper again by next year.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If that makes sense.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    JRPC wrote:

What is it, like £450?

Seriously dude, you've made your point, that you don't see the point in it. But you've just bought a PS4 Pro for checkerboard 4K and no 4K drive?

People are getting it as the best place to play games they currently own, future releases, their back compat catalogue, the exclusives they want, for a 4K BR Drive, for Dolby Atmos support etc.

Just because they're not launching a number of exclusives upon release doesn't make it the worst idea ever. Isn't it better to have more options in buying anything? I'd like a console that will take advantage of my 4KTV, my surround sound and offer me the best place to play the games I want.

It's that simple. You don't see the point for you, we get it.

The Ps4 Pro didn't launch with any exclusives but that wasn't mentioned
  • Trying not to make it a next gen battle thread, but that's also true...but you said it not me...so I'm not as much of a raging fanboi...this time.
  • Apologies if this has already been posted.
    Interview on Eurogamer with Mike Ybarra about the BoneX launch.
    I makes for fucking depressing reading.

*shrugs*

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I can't wait to see the games in 4k with HDR

As Vere mentioned about the HDR , I find it more impressive than the 4K.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    I can't wait to see the games in 4k with HDR

As Vere mentioned about the HDR , I find it more impressive than the 4K.

Urgh. Now this depresses me. I threw two grand at the Sony 4K wedge before I'd even heard of HDR, and it doesn't have it. There's never a good time to jump on a piece of new tech, because there's always something that'll come out the very next day, whether it's the new HDMI standard or H bloody D sodding R.
    Get schwifty.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I've just sold and posted my Xbox One S off. It has nothing at all apparently so I don't really see the point.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    (Our Bravia was also indestructible and Mrs Pea took some persuading to part with it for another TV that we didn't actually need)

I also have an indestructible bravia that's 8 years old. I thought I had convinced my wife that it needs replacing soon, but it seems I must have imagined that conversation. It was the same conversation where she agreed to me getting an XoneX.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Have you read that interview? Not only do they have nothing now,  that guy at least didn't seem to have any confidence anything is coming later on. What is it, like £450?
    Seriously dude, you've made your point, that you don't see the point in it. But you've just bought a PS4 Pro for checkerboard 4K and no 4K drive? People are getting it as the best place to play games they currently own, future releases, their back compat catalogue, the exclusives they want, for a 4K BR Drive, for Dolby Atmos support etc. Just because they're not launching a number of exclusives upon release doesn't make it the worst idea ever. Isn't it better to have more options in buying anything? I'd like a console that will take advantage of my 4KTV, my surround sound and offer me the best place to play the games I want. It's that simple. You don't see the point for you, we get it.
    The Ps4 Pro didn't launch with any exclusives but that wasn't mentioned

Comparing the 1X and the Pro is a false equivalence.

Look, I think the Pro is disappointing. It should have been more and the 1X is clearly the better machine, But MS are positioning the 1X as much more like a new console and an attempt to claw back market share. 

In reality all they've doing is shine an even brightly light on their deficiencies.

You flying the flag for your team, and that's absolutely fine but lets not pretend this is something it isn't.

And btw the Pro had Horizon as an exclusive and it was huge and hugely impressive.
  • No it didn't, Horizon came out in March this year not on release of the console
  • Jesus.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Microsoft haven't been positioning this in any such way, they have said repeatedly, since the reveal, that this is aimed at hobbyists and that they expect most people to continue buying the standard Bone S.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Apologies if this has already been posted. Interview on Eurogamer with Mike Ybarra about the BoneX launch. I makes for fucking depressing reading.
    Looking towards the end of this year then, you guys have Forza obviously but otherwise the first party slate... well, are you happy with the amount of titles you've got coming out?

Mike Ybarra: Yeah, when I think about now through the end of December we have the biggest game in the world right now on our console - that's PUBG. It's funny, to me, and I play a lot of that game, to me people aren't really recognising that game as the game it is. Eight million copies in four months. That's like Bethesda, Blizzard type numbers. Maybe Rockstar-type velocity. It's the world's biggest game right now and it's on the console. Forza 7, if you want to play racing games you'll do it on Xbox, between Forza Horizon and Forza Motorspot, it is the place for racing.

The game I'm super excited for which I played a few days ago is Cuphead - it's so different and unique. I'm into different art styles and approaches, I think that game will be strong as well. And then Lucky's Tale, if you think about the diversity of the games, we have PUBG for me and core people who like competition, to Lucky's Tale, Cuphead... I love what that looks like. Four exclusives through the end of the year, I think that's great.

I'm so excited for the fake Tails game!!! Tails has always been my favourite Sonic character but I love weird plagiarised versions even more!!!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Some of you clearly need to get out more.
  • I had to Google PUBG to find out what he’s on about. Never heard of it. ‘Biggest game in the world’, eh?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What is PUBG? I'm interested in Forza 7, state of decay 2 and sea of thieves. RDR2 will no doubt be stunning on an XoneX too. That will probably do me for 12 months
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Oh, battlegrounds, ffs
  • PUBG will be mad bants.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Battlegrounds is one word, why does the acronym make it out to be two? Stupid!
  • Watch DrDisrespect or TSMViss play it on Twitch.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm sure it's great, just annoyed with the acronym.
  • Puubgees is huge on Twitch, some of you need to get out less.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!