Just completed
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Owlboy, thankfully. I was warned, but it's not a particularly good game.
    Indeed, really dont get why it's had so much attention
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Nice pixels, but yes.
  • Andy wrote:
    The main problem is the whole
    Spoiler:
    sub-plot. It was totally out of place, made little to no sense, and not in a good way.
    Andy wrote:
    The reference in my spoiler is basically all the stuff with
    Spoiler:

Agreed, it was weak.  Will dig out my review at some point but I had similar misgivings about the big reveal (such as it was).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    * scrolls back two pages to try to work out what game that's in reference to in order to decide if I can read the spoilers *
    Spoiler:
  • Yep, Night in the Woods, sorry.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Cineris Somnia (PC)

Well, this 5-6 hour tale was certainly a treat. Poignant, relatable yet always mysterious and open for interpretation. A mash up between a third person walking simulator and a traditional adventure game; a bit like Nier (not Automata) during its non-combative and more forlorn moments, equally accompanied by a gorgeous soundtrack.

Made in that very Japanese indie tradition where everyone involved has a somewhat charming stage name.

Just the comedown I needed after the physicality of Sekiro.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Agreed, it was weak.  Will dig out my review at some point but I had similar misgivings about the big reveal (such as it was).

I’d be interested to read it. More Night in the Woods spoilers:
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hm, I've done some quick Google and no one seems to have a real explanation. Apparently the devs had a bigger thing in mind, but stuff got cut and that's what we ended up with. I still didn't mind it myself, but there are enough posts out there that point out the same problems.

Reply to some of Andy's spoiler thoughts:
    Spoiler:

I still really enjoyed the game and didn't have any problems with things not coming together in a nice and logical way. Can see why people feel different about that though.
  • Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Nina wrote:
    Spoiler:

I think you might be right there. Hmmm.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I've seen the credits in Mario Odyssey so it's time to decide how much further I want to go with the game. Think I sit around 200 moons.

Enjoyable overall, but I'm looking forward to Mario Maker now more than I expected. 2D Mario is just a lot easier to navigate around. Think I even prefer the one on the WiiU over fully 3D.
  • Andy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

I’d be interested to read it.

I've just found it, but it reads like I'm talking to the camera on Bad Influence and I just describe the mystery as 'naff'. No.12 on page 216 of this thread if you're still interested.

I neglected to mention it at the time, unless I typed about it in the currently playing thread, but I got an extra kick out of Night in the Woods because I had to alter a lot of the dialogue on the fly as I was reading it out to my daughter (whose middle name is May, which helped). I'm pretty sure she'd still mention it as one of her favourite games and I had quite a lot of fun turning a 12A into a U.
  • Yep, she still remembers the important bits (like balancing on wires and squirting people with water):

20190425-173527.jpg
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    @yoss - maybe head to Scotland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46976751
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m not allowed on motorways yet.

:(
  • Take the low roads
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A Fisherman’s Tale.

First completed VR game and it was nice n short but interesting use of 3D space and some nice puzzles. Could have done with being a bit longer but a good start to my VR journey.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And that's Kingdom Hearts 3 done. I've had an absolute blast with it and I have THOUGHTS about the ending that I'd love to discuss. But probably no one else here (ere, maybe?) Is there, so I'll just have to think about all the crazy ramifications of the ending. Damn you KH, you still great.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Hello!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You finished? Seen the secret ending? Waiting on your other half to finish
    Spoiler:
    so you can play it?
  • I completed it a while back but I am absolutely no use for a post game analysis, I had no bloody idea what was going on and actually ended up pissed off with the indulgence.

I just wanted more Disney worlds, oh well.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Finished it, unlocked all the reports, watched the secret ending. I reckon people are gonna freak when the series just goes further down the rabbit hole of complexity instead of dialing back to allow new players to jump on.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We are obviously off to the mobile game now right
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The mobile game is the key to all this.
  • I've just finished Leon's campaign, new Resident Evil 2 and wow - what a game that is. I genuinely have no complaints about how they've put that together. Brilliant stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    I've just finished Leon's campaign, new Resident Evil 2 and wow - what a game that is. I genuinely have no complaints about how they've put that together. Brilliant stuff.
    Unless the back end of 2019 is just outrageous I can't see RE2 not being my number 1
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    I've just finished Leon's campaign, new Resident Evil 2 and wow - what a game that is. I genuinely have no complaints about how they've put that together. Brilliant stuff.
    Unless the back end of 2019 is just outrageous I can't see RE2 not being my number 1

Where as I just got bored after finishing leon a, Claire B.
    Then Claire a, leon b.

Hunk mission was best Imo.

Best time was laughing at verocha who counted that as 4 games completed in the 52 games thread.
  • Yeah I still can't help but laugh at that either.

It's a good package though, the kind of intelligent remixing and remaking of an old game that's far better than any graphical spit and polish remake.
  • digi wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Where as I just got bored after finishing leon a, Claire B. Then Claire a, leon b. Hunk mission was best Imo. Best time was laughing at verocha who counted that as 4 games completed in the 52 games thread.

I may be being an idiot here, but I've no intention of going back to the a-b scenarios. Not for a while anyway. My playthrough time was just under 9 hours and I enjoyed them all. Adding another 9 for Claire, or more for the other missions, doesn't feel like something I have to do. I may want to in the future, but for now the experience I've had was just fine and I don't feel like I need anymore.

(Plus the pile-o-shame is calling - I see you God of War)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!